Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 05-11-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
SleepyKiks
Magical Girl in disguise

Acne and hair removal

I am not sure if this goes here but I think it falls under cosmetics. I am looking for help with getting rid of acne. I have a convention in about 2 weeks and I got the worst break out I have had in a while. I have been using my usual methods for acne removal (zinc heavy creams and face washing) but no results. I am going to be getting a hair cut soon cause I think this might partial be from my fringe constantly being in my face. Anyone have any tips for clear skin?

Now for hair removal. I am cosplaying a rather skimpy outfit that requires a lot of waxing. Anyone have any recommendations for an after waxing cream that will get rid of redness? I will be waxing the day before the con to be at my smoothest but I worry about the redness.
SleepyKiks is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

Do you usually wax ? If you don't I wouldn't recommend it - people tend to have better results if it's something they usually do rather than doing it once before a convention and having a bad reaction because they don't do it often. If I was going to do it, I'd do it 2-3 days before - it's not going to grow out past the skin in that amount of time unless we're talking about some really zealous male facial hair - that way your skin has time to settle down.

I don't have any quick-fix solutions for acne. I find that making sure to change whatever pillow cover or blanket is touching my face at night helps more than anything.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #3
SleepyKiks
Magical Girl in disguise

I wax regularly in the summer so I am no stranger to it. I have my favourite waxing strips but I did a test patch a few days ago to try out my cream and it isn't helping like it used to. So the redness is a bit new.
Unread 05-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyKiks View Post
I wax regularly in the summer so I am no stranger to it. I have my favourite waxing strips but I did a test patch a few days ago to try out my cream and it isn't helping like it used to. So the redness is a bit new.
I got a bikini grooming kit from Venus, and it came with a moisturizer by Olay. http://media.pharmacyonline.com.au/m.../4/343749a.jpg That's the stuff right there!

Anyway, if you can find it by itself or something similar, it reeeeally helps

... Unless you have tried this cream... D:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
lovesexnpocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
emm_gee

for the acne, i agree with keeping pillows and blankets clean. i can't say that i have acne but i find my pores aren't as clear on the side of my face that i sleep on. also, keeping your hair out of your face does help. the oils from your face makes your hair oily and the oils from your hair makes you break out
i would recommend drinking lots of water and cutting down on sugar to clear up your skin

as for waxing, unfortunately i'm not of much help. i have super sensitive skin that gets irritated by everything, so i get redness when i wax too ;____________;
emm_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
SleepyKiks
Magical Girl in disguise

I have been trying the pillow trick and it's been helping! Thank you!