Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #1
littlemonsterDE

Designer Disney Princesses at Katsucon 2014!

Designer Collection Disney Princess Group at Katsucon!

So for Katsucon 2014 I'm going to be cosplaying Rapunzel's design in the Disney Princess designer collection (probably with a different hairstyle however) and I thought it would be really cool to have a group of all of the princesses in the designer dresses. The shoot would be on Saturday and if we have a professional photographer or not is up to how many people I can get in the group (also if I can get this group together in time I'm sorry this is kinda late eep). A time and place will be decided also at a later date when I can figure out everyone's schedules.

Tiana:

Cinderella:

Mulan:

Belle:

Jasmine:

Pocahontas:

Snow White:

Ariel:

Aurora:

Rapunzel: godtierbri

If you'd like to join please let me know what character and i'll add you to the list! Message me on tumblr if you have any questions! Thank you!
littlemonsterDE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
SleepingDragon

So I am not on tumbler, but decided to take a chance and post here to ask a question. I looked up the designer princess collection at the Disney site and the picture you provided looks a great deal different from the handful of designer princesses available on the site. So which way are you wanting to go with this? Because I am 50/50 on joining this group depending on how it goes
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
littlemonsterDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingDragon View Post
So I am not on tumbler, but decided to take a chance and post here to ask a question. I looked up the designer princess collection at the Disney site and the picture you provided looks a great deal different from the handful of designer princesses available on the site. So which way are you wanting to go with this? Because I am 50/50 on joining this group depending on how it goes
Well if you google "disney princess designer collection" just about everything that shows up is what I was hoping to do. You're probably seeing the fairytale designer collection that Disney is currently releasing, the dresses kinda look like this? They have a lot of embroidery and extra designs on the dresses. The designs I was hoping to do are the big fancy ballgowns. I could probably find an individual design for you if there was one particular one you were looking for? But by just googling "disney princess designer collection" in images you should see everything, just about all of designs seem to be the same unless you scroll really far.
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
SleepingDragon

So I did do some research and did find those designs and then I found this. That Harrods of London did a window display for 2012 Christmas that was fashion designers, really famous ones like Oscar Delarenta, ect designed the Disney Fairy Tale Characters... BTW if the links don't work just look up Harrods Christmas display. These gowns are ten times more awesome then the Disney design.

Sorry, I meant to say the doll design, not to hate on your concept. Posted late at night and said something in a way I did not mean to. Just tossing the Harrods display out there in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/10/...gallery/880319

http://fstoppers.com/disney-princess...harrods-london

http://www.districtmtv.co.uk/article...-window/knn00x

Last edited by SleepingDragon : 10-01-2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Inaverently put hate out there.
SleepingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
SleepingDragon

So I have noticed that quite a few have viewed this thread but it's only been a two person conversation. If you are interested and fear you might not have the crafting skills for this project don't just hide in the shadows. The best part of cosplay groups is that it is a group effort to bring the costumes to life. Four and a half months is plenty of time to get things together so long as we plan time management and encourage one another. For me personally I know that if there is any element of sewing construction that you need help with I can either point you towards the right tutorials and or answer your questions personally. THIS COULD SERIOUSLY be an AWESOME DISNEY COSPLAY GROUP so don't be shy.

(Disclaimer if you have never sewn before this could be more then you can do. That's okay, b/c this project is for those who have constructed garments before as is there is no pattern you can just buy)
Unread 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
littlemonsterDE

Quote:
So I did do some research and did find those designs and then I found this. That Harrods of London did a window display for 2012 Christmas that was fashion designers, really famous ones like Oscar Delarenta, ect designed the Disney Fairy Tale Characters... BTW if the links don't work just look up Harrods Christmas display. These gowns are ten times more awesome then the Disney design.

Sorry, I meant to say the doll design, not to hate on your concept. Posted late at night and said something in a way I did not mean to. Just tossing the Harrods display out there in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/10/...gallery/880319

http://fstoppers.com/disney-princess...harrods-london

http://www.districtmtv.co.uk/article...-window/knn00x
It looks really gorgeous wowow!
I'm not sure if I want to change the group though because these versions have kind of been my dream cosplay for a while...I'm sorry maybe if more people decide they want to do that instead?
They look really great though I just don't know if I'd want to cosplay it.
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:41 AM   #7
SleepingDragon

We are so no seeing the same google searches

Ok, I am going to admit I am super duper confused. I have done a ton of googling and I think I strayed off your dream cosplay path due to google. All the things I found apparently were not what you were looking at. Looking back at all the posts and triple checking my google searches that matched jack diddly squat you mentioned, I went back over your written words to come to a new conclusion. I am taking a stab at the dark and guessing this is your ideal cosplay.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/disney-p...ey-store-photo

That is the first in series of illustrations on fan pop posted by Disney that match your "this?" link several post prior. If so I think they are super cool, and I might be all in. Depending on if I have finally made it out of google darkness and found your inspiration light.

Or I am still just lost and if so please post what you are aiming for with links I can directly connect to. And please give me credit for trying.

Last edited by SleepingDragon : 10-04-2013 at 04:46 AM. Reason: A U instead of I
SleepingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
littlemonsterDE

Quote:
Ok, I am going to admit I am super duper confused. I have done a ton of googling and I think I strayed off your dream cosplay path due to google. All the things I found apparently were not what you were looking at. Looking back at all the posts and triple checking my google searches that matched jack diddly squat you mentioned, I went back over your written words to come to a new conclusion. I am taking a stab at the dark and guessing this is your ideal cosplay.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/disney-p...ey-store-photo

That is the first in series of illustrations on fan pop posted by Disney that match your "this?" link several post prior. If so I think they are super cool, and I might be all in. Depending on if I have finally made it out of google darkness and found your inspiration light.

Or I am still just lost and if so please post what you are aiming for with links I can directly connect to. And please give me credit for trying.

I'm so sorry this is really confusing but here hopefully this works~
x
x

sorry if that's not enough or if they don't work but most of the pictures are sending me to different pages and I don't even know.