Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 07-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #61
Teto Teto

I can make ten posts for history if you want, hell I could make one hundred if you really needed me too. And like Hime no Toki said the wait isn't really stopping bad businessmen. I just want make one post, I don't care an admin has to give the okay to it, I'm perfectly fine with that. I just don't see what the thirty days wait does that the other measures aren't already doing better.
Teto Teto is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #62
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teto Teto View Post
I just don't see what the thirty days wait does that the other measures aren't already doing better.
It's been talked about a lot on here, actually. The reason that was given to us all was that it's to become an active member on the site. So they know you aren't here ONLY for the marketplace. It's a forum site for a reason, to have a community of people interacting over the same hobby, not just buying something or selling something. They want their members to be active on the site, and to prove you are wanting to do that, they made us wait to post.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #63
Teto Teto

I think allowing immediate access to the marketplace would encourage more people to join the community. Sure some people would just come to buy and sell but it would get more people on the site and some of them would branch out to other parts of the forum. People aren't just going to abandon the rest of the forum just because the marketplace becomes more popular. And I'd have to say that not being able to use the marketplace hasn't really inspired me to become a staple member of the community. :P
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #64
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
I think allowing immediate access to the marketplace would encourage more people to join the community. Sure some people would just come to buy and sell but it would get more people on the site and some of them would branch out to other parts of the forum. People aren't just going to abandon the rest of the forum just because the marketplace becomes more popular. And I'd have to say that not being able to use the marketplace hasn't really inspired me to become a staple member of the community. :P
And that's NOT what the site is for. They don't have the marketplace up just to get a million people joining. They have it up as a plus for people that are active here. They don't want a bunch of people just joining, that's not the point of any site really..They put up the site so the cosplay community has a nice place to talk and get along, not just join. And you wanting only to use the market, and NOT be an active member, is exactly what this site ISN'T here for. If you don't want to be a part of the active community, then you shouldn't join a site made for it..I think you just aren't really understanding the point of having this site up..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #65
Teto Teto

Why is this such a big deal? Is it really that bad that I made an account so I wouldn't have to go searching around for a commissioner? I like to cosplay but I'm not big on forums. I thought you people would encourage people cosplaying even if they don't post frequently.

Last edited by Teto Teto : 07-18-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: typo
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #66
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Why is this such a big deal? Is it really that bad that I made an account so I wouldn't have to go searching around for a commissioner? I like to cosplay but I'm not big on forums. I thought you people would encourage people cosplaying even if they don't post frequently.
Well, I personally don't care one way or the other. That's just how THIS site is run. There's no use getting upset about it. It's not a big deal to a lot of people, if admin wants it a certain way, then he can say that and if you don't like the way he runs it, make your own, but don't complain about something you have a choice over. And you DO realize once the 30 days are up, no one can stop you from posting an ad..You don't even have to be active at that point..You only have 2 more posts to go, and I'm sure you'll reply to this, so that would be only one after that, then just wait, it won't kill you to wait 30 days. Are you going to fall over and die, or stop cosplaying alltogether in 30 days? No? Then what's to complain about? You'll still get to post the ad at that time, so yo'll be getting what you want. You're just too impatient to wait a little while.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)

Last edited by JasonTerror : 07-18-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #67
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Jason, that's a bit harsh.

While in spirit, we don't want this place just to be a location for people to join up just to sell stuff, in the end there's nothing inherently wrong with it. The rules on the number of days to be a member is (again, in spirit) mostly for people signing up just have a quick and free way to sell things. And mostly, it's to stop spam - the marketplace was absolutely ruined once because commercial businesses started signing up an account and adding new products, regardless of the rules. For example, some mornings we would wake up and delete 100 different contact lens ads, one for each style or color, all from the same "new" account.

With the current marketplace format, there's no built-in feedback system, so it takes a bit more work to learn about a user enough to know whether or not they are good to work with. This can sometimes apply to the "potential buyer" side as well.

TetoTeto - if you look through the commissioners for hire area, you'll find lots of people you can message to see if they'll make something for you. There is no requirement to have posting privileges in the marketplace forum for that.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #68
Teto Teto

Well sorry for just trying to put my two cents into a conversation, I'll try to avoid that from now on. You just didn't have to be such a jerk about it. :/
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #69
Teto Teto

Alright I guess I will just go searching through pages of commitioners.
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #70
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Well sorry for just trying to put my two cents into a conversation, I'll try to avoid that from now on. You just didn't have to be such a jerk about it. :/
No one's being a jerk. I explained basically what admin just told you, so is he a jerk too? You kept arguing about the same thing when you were told by different people the same thing but you argued because you were impatient and wanted it to be the way you wanted it to be, because of what reason you felt like it needed to be that way. we explained why and you argued back wanting your way regardless of any explination to why those ways won't work.

And also, for the record, I DID tell you that you could message any commissioners you wanted to since you want tomething made. Which totally made the entire section of the thread pointless..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #71
Teto Teto

Oh come on, even the admin said you were being harsh about it though~
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #72
dvt
Luffy D. Freeks

dvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #73
Zombieki11er
Zombie Response Team

Hello again and I don't mean to constantly nag you guys about this, but I was wondering if one of my posts had been declined. It's the post that I had been asking about for a while.

Alright, I don't intend to jump into a quarrel that isn't really any of my business, but allow me to put in my two cents. Teto, you now have your 10 posts so that is one less thing to worry about. Now, the 30 days wait does seem a bit pointless, if you don't intend to post much, but try to see the reasoning behind it. If people need to post and be around for 30 days, naturally you'd think that they wouldn't just wait out the 30 days and do nothing, you'd think that in that time, the person would get in a decent amount of posts and demonstrate that they can be trusted. Now this system isn't foolproof, but it does let people get a feel for what kind of person you are and if you can be trusted as a seller. From a personal standpoint, I would be a bit skeptical about purchasing an item from a member with the minimum requirements to sell and not many posts for me to judge if this person could be a quality seller. No one is trying to be a jerk, but to be quite honest, and no offense, but you are being a bit stubborn about seeing the reasoning behind the rule. If they allowed you sell before the 30 days without solid reasoning, then it would be unfair to any others who might've been in your same position, but decided to go along with the system. Plus, rules are rules and no one is going to change them just because one person does not want to wait. Patience is a virtue, my friend

EDIT: Why are the posts getting caught in the filter? Is it because of the newbie status or the links that were in my posts or both?

Last edited by Zombieki11er : 07-20-2013 at 02:01 AM. Reason: New post hit the filter, but why?
Zombieki11er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #74
konekoanni

So maybe this is a stupid question and I'm missing the answer somewhere, but what is the cutoff to stop getting caught in the spam filter? I've been a member since March (technically a lot longer than that but I made a new account when I rejoined this year) and I'm finding it a bit discouraging--I want to participate in some of the fun community threads, but being caught in the filter all the time means that I get left behind in the faster-paced discussion and "game" threads. (I also ended up accidentally double-posting a couple of times because I didn't realize my posts were getting filtered).

I completely understand the need for it, and I can bear with it, but some general number of posts or length of time before it goes away would be nice to know.

Kiryuin Satsuki [Kill la Kill] 100% - AX 2014
Classic Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon S] 100% - AX 2014
Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi] 35% - AX 2014
Super Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon SuperS] 60% - PMX 2014

ACP | blog | facebook | deviantART | tumblr | worldcosplay
konekoanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #75
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

The filter can be really, really random at times. I will approve anything that hits the filter, as long as it is not spam, or a Marketplace post by a member who is new/has less than 10 posts. I have in the past had people say that their post wasn't showing up and it was not in the filter...as to where those posts go, I couldn't begin to guess, but it has happened before. I'm about to go in there now and clear it out for a second time today. Also, it can be very random with filtering things - sometimes a user will post something and it will not show, but they will post here about their issue and the post doesn't even hit the filter. It's odd.

*edit* One thing it can get really fussy with is new members, or ones who don't post frequently, including URLs in their posts. The filter might think it is spam and trigger it to hit the filter.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote