Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 03-22-2004, 07:27 PM   #1
Sammie_San
I strive to be Ridiculous

Sakura Costume in progress

Hi Everyone! well well well I have done a Sakure from Naruto costume. right now its in progress all I have to do is sew on the circles and finish the shoes but other then that its finished so I took ghetto pictures with my webcam so you can get an idea of what it looks like and i can get an idea of what people think ok ^^ thankies!!!

Cosplay Scope:
Katarina:: LoL | Plotting for Halloweekends @ Cedar Point
Miss Fortune:: LoL | 0% | Debut plotted for Ohayocon
Wicket Lulu:: LoL | 0% |
Sammie_San is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

I'd recommend making it a bit more tailored around your waist, if possible. But overall the fit is better than some I've seen. You'll definitely need to iron this one every time you wear it. I can't tell more than that about the fabric due to the low quality pics, but this does look promising.
Unread 03-22-2004, 09:35 PM   #3
Aer
rawr

One thing I see - you are doing the long sleeves version, but what about the circular white designs on the sleeves? I don't know if you meant them too by what you said you still needed to do or just the big main circles ^_^;;
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2004, 11:02 PM   #4
TyJILDown
...rawr!~

The overall design is fine. Much props, they are many Sakura cosplayers out there but a lot seem to be off...

As mentioned, the dress is meant to be a bit more fitted around the sleeves & waist.

Like you said, you will need to put the circle in the front as well as in the back, which is slightly smaller than the circle on the front dress flap. The circles on the arms "attach" to the sleeve trim with short trim pieces as well.

Also do not forget about the pouch on the back of the dress on the left side of the but ^^ I'm also guilty of not making the shorts long enough down to the knee too so I am not going to nit pick that!

Some questions though, any images of the collar by any chance? And about the white down the middle, did you just use trim or is that a zipper there? Assuming the zipper since it seems to bunch up like mine did slightly putting it in at such an angle ugh! I use a cotton/spandex mix fabric and I thought it was just because of the fabric I used.
Unread 03-23-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
Sammie_San
I strive to be Ridiculous

Yea Im sorry the quality of hte pics is AWFULL x.x im sorry .. but film gets developed like months after its used so I wanted quick pics. .I will have better ones once I got to the con this weekend { so excited }

Yesh I do need to add the bigger circle on the front and the smaller one on the back and the circles attached to the strip on the sleeves. .there more like. .half cirlces. .kinda. .aww you know what I mean. .ANYWAY I still need to do that but hte dress in general took 2 hours x.x the pattern I got was SOO confusioning!

The front zipper thingie ^^ for awhile I was debating on if it was a zipper or not then my friend told me it was so I was like ok then. .anyway it is a "real" zipper but I got one that was only 12" it still works but the dress is hard to get on and off x.x so a 14" would have worked better but it still works. .but anyway the rest of the way down the dress is some kind of white piping that I used it was very easy to sew only the angle was frustrating x.x so yea ^^ thank you for the comments

Cosplay Scope:
Katarina:: LoL | Plotting for Halloweekends @ Cedar Point
Miss Fortune:: LoL | 0% | Debut plotted for Ohayocon
Wicket Lulu:: LoL | 0% |
Sammie_San is offline   Reply With Quote