Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeNEXT

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

Rise of the Guardians (ROTG) 2013

As the Boogeyman I don't mind gathering up the Guardians again for a little fun

I would be happy to be the organizer of the Rise of the Guardians gatherings at Animenext! I am placing events at these places and times! May be subject to change but I'll be sure they are finalized by least a week before.

Friday:
Photoshoot - The Red Dock - 7:00 pm

Note I won't be in ROTG costume this day (Wearing Pitch two days in a row eerrggggg) but I can still organize it and if anything can hand things off to an experienced friend if I can't stay! I just wanted more options for all of you.

Saturday:

Photoshoot - The Red Dock - 5:00 pm
(Rain location is inside the main con center if it rains)

PJ Party (Cosplay optional!) - Doubletree Hotel Lobby - 10:30pm

For the casual PJ party - bring your drawing pad, snacks, pillow, whatever you like! Cosplay optional, or partial/'cozy' versions of your cosplay even better! For the Photoshoots, come to take photos or cosplay as your Guardian of choice!

I changed the PJ party day and time as the Burlesque show is Friday and I might wanna see that myself

Hope to see you there!

Current Otakon Cosplay Lineup:
FRIDAY - (maybe Nightmare Stag and) BLU Spy (TF2)
SATURDAY - Good Cop Bad Cop (Lego Movie)
SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Anthrocon (July 4), Otakon (Aug 8), AnimeUSA (October 8)

Last edited by lithe-fider : 06-01-2013 at 05:16 PM.
lithe-fider is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
xSkylar
~ A Fickle Faerie ~

Ahaha! Sooooo... yeah I will be there as Pitch on Saturday with a Jack : 3 Shame PJ party wasn't Saturday though. I would have loved to check that out but IlovetheBurlesqueshowandthat'susuallyFridaynight
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

I changed it to Saturday as yea I wanna go to the Burlesque show too hahaa!

We could do it after the masquerade. I set it at 10:30 pm.

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:

Last edited by lithe-fider : 05-29-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
xSkylar
~ A Fickle Faerie ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithe-fider View Post
I changed it to Saturday as yea I wanna go to the Burlesque show too hahaa!

We could do it after the masquerade. I set it at 10:30 pm.
Awww yisssss > : D

Also, sounds good. I don't ever watch masquerades, but here's hoping that I don't forget this! Not that I would intentionally. I just lose track of time easily~ OH. Where will the location of this "slumber party" be anyway? D:
Unread 05-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

It says right in the first thread! Doubletree Hotel Lobby, which is an area on the ground level near the check-in area for that hotel with some couches, you can't miss it. If that area is crowded we can chill in any number of places right around it, so just look for the Pitch in the feather robe hahaha.

I intend to bring Apples to Apples and Pretty Pretty Princess and my drawing pad! And if I remember, some crayons. The party should last at least and hour, maybe 2, depends on how long people wanna hang out. I know I'll be leaving for the rave by 12:30, the Boogeyman has to dance after all!

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
xSkylar
~ A Fickle Faerie ~

Quote:
It says right in the first thread! Doubletree Hotel Lobby, which is an area on the ground level near the check-in area for that hotel with some couches, you can't miss it. If that area is crowded we can chill in any number of places right around it, so just look for the Pitch in the feather robe hahaha.

I intend to bring Apples to Apples and Pretty Pretty Princess and my drawing pad! And if I remember, some crayons. The party should last at least and hour, maybe 2, depends on how long people wanna hang out. I know I'll be leaving for the rave by 12:30, the Boogeyman has to dance after all!
AHAHA omg let's pretend I totally knew that. Anyhoo -yes, I do know where the lobby is, and I am conveniently staying in that hotel as well. My Jack and I have a photoshoot for a thing that night, but I have no idea when our slotted time is. I should probably find that out >__>

Ohhh Apples to Apples makes me wish I owned Cards Against Humanity to bring, but oh well! I hope there will be a decent turn out of RotG cosplayers though. So far I only know us, and two friends of mine cosplaying Jack. Sadneeeeesssss.

Last edited by xSkylar : 05-30-2013 at 02:01 PM.
xSkylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #7
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

I'll be spreading the word on tumblr, do the same if you can!

I also made a rain location for the Saturday as the long range forecast is looking iffy eehhhh, we'll see.

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

Would people wanna bump the shoot on Saturday earlier in case people wanted to go to the Masquerade? Maybe 4:30?

Seems like no one is discussing on here though XD It'd be nice to see more people on the boards weh

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:

Last edited by lithe-fider : 05-31-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
xSkylar
~ A Fickle Faerie ~

Ha-- I just don't think many are actually cosplaying from RotG though! I actually wouldn't mind having the shoot earlier than that though --like maybe 2pm? ALSO I found a Jamie Bennett and I think another Pitch (assuming another Pitch, but I have a feeling she might cosplay him)

Oh! And yes... rain location might be good, especially because body paint.
Unread 06-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

I myself am in an event around 12:30 so I can't hold it that early :T Also just cause only you and I have been discussing it here doesn't mean we won't have people I spread the word around Tumblr and the AN boards too. The 5pm time was to hope the sun had dipped a little and not be omfg noon day sun hot.

Also I apologize that I can't change the time just for one person especially at a time I won't be present so it'd need a different organizer. If we had other people discussing you'd all be welcome to make an earlier shoot too :'D no reason we can't have more than one.

As of now it's growing so close I wanna just keep these times to not confuse people by changing it.

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
xSkylar
~ A Fickle Faerie ~

Quote:
I myself am in an event around 12:30 so I can't hold it that early :T Also just cause only you and I have been discussing it here doesn't mean we won't have people I spread the word around Tumblr and the AN boards too. The 5pm time was to hope the sun had dipped a little and not be omfg noon day sun hot.

Also I apologize that I can't change the time just for one person especially at a time I won't be present so it'd need a different organizer. If we had other people discussing you'd all be welcome to make an earlier shoot too :'D no reason we can't have more than one.

As of now it's growing so close I wanna just keep these times to not confuse people by changing it.

Ahaha I wasn't saying to change the time for my benefit or anything. Just making a suggestion since you were considering making it earlier. So it's remaining at 5pm, then? I didn't particularly care either way, as long as it was after 12pm cause I'm a punk who takes ages doing make-up, no matter the cosplay xD

Anyhooooo.. less than a week now!!
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #12
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

I was considering 4:30 but yea just don't wanna confuse people now and will stick with the original time at 5pm Thanks <33

And yea it takes me like 3 hours to get into my Pitch makeup *flop* such a production! Worth it though I love the character <33 (I'll be getting up at 8am sharp to get ready in time for my noon event) You do Pitch too right? (Or was it another rotg character?) Excited to see all the cosplays!

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #13
xSkylar
~ A Fickle Faerie ~

Quote:
I was considering 4:30 but yea just don't wanna confuse people now and will stick with the original time at 5pm Thanks <33

And yea it takes me like 3 hours to get into my Pitch makeup *flop* such a production! Worth it though I love the character <33 (I'll be getting up at 8am sharp to get ready in time for my noon event) You do Pitch too right? (Or was it another rotg character?) Excited to see all the cosplays!
Alright! Sounds good!

And gosh the hours make me not look forward to Saturday morning, but if it is anything like Katsucon, I'll be out of the room by noon, too -and yes- I cosplay Pitch as well : 3

Anyway! Two more days! I actually leave tonight for New York because I want to actually visit the city for once (after three years of being in it, but not actually seeing it) Gunna be a good long trip tonight! Yay 12-ish hours on the road! >3>