Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 05-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #16
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

OKAY, panic much reduced. NOW, after an eight-hour day, I have to sew on my tulle trim, hem the dress and sew the hem trim on, get a used belt and make the chiffon bustly thing with it (easy, it's essentially a lot of draping, though I'm not so sure about finishing the edges), sew the sash overtop (no need to sew it! I've got blanket binding that works perfect), possibly toss a bit more tulle on for decoration, finish my headdress (easily done back at home where I don't have my machine), and make the arm pieces (once I figure out HOW, should only take a few hours). And I still have tomorrow to get more stuff done.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #17
Whystler

phew! You made it ... but you really do still have a whole three weeks before the fest Shinobi

Yay SuperBee!!

Awww MDA

-Whystler
Whystler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #18
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whystler View Post
phew! You made it ... but you really do still have a whole three weeks before the fest Shinobi
Ehhh, not really. Most of next week is a write-off since I have college-related things to do over two days in TO, plus work, a bunch of banking and government errands things to take care of and my usual dance classes. FORTUNATELY I got nearly everything I need to do with my sewing machine done, and I can handsew things for the hour or whatnot I can spare while back at home. (Still to do; sew on skirt trim by hand since it's feathers and silk leaves, hem half the skirt since I forgot the right thread, finish a few more inches of the right shoulder's trim, finish the headdress, sew the arm pieces, and make the bustle/belts/sash part, which I can get done in one day)... yup. PRETTY sure I'll have this all ready in time.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #19
Whystler

Sounds wonderfully elaborate!
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #20
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:

Yay SuperBee!!

Awww MDA

-Whystler
Yeah. Costs... and now I find out my friend is celebrating his birthday that same weekend. He hasn't celebrated it in Canada since 2010, so I want to be able to celebrate with him this year (last two years he's been in Florida for Metrocon/vacation on his birthday).

I'll see to come next year - as long as Metrocon doesn't end up the same weekend (saving up to go next year for that)! And depending, drag him with me.

2013 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

I will be there on saturday for the horse games with my pony

Also entering the horse costume contest...well because!!!

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
Whystler

Yay DartDenseBoy - I'm glad you'll be enjoying that event!

-Whystler
Unread 06-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #23
Whystler

Anyone who has a fabulous fantasy costume - and available to be in Guelph this Monday -want to be on TV?

Faery? Goblin? Dragon? What have you?

I am going on at noon at Roger's TV to talk about Enchanted Ground. I could use some more eye candy, if anyone is available.

-Whystler
Unread 06-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #24
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I will have three little ones with me (cousins) who are super excited to enter the costume contest... They are cuties I tell you! The costume contest is at noon right? Also one of them really really REALLY wants to be knighted by the Queen.

Future Cosplays!

Giant Diglett
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
Whystler

Yes the everybody can enter - everybody wins - costume contest is each day at noon. Glad your littlun cousins are excited!

-Whystler
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #26
AzulaFan199
For the Horde.

There is also a Horse and Pony Costume Contest on Sat at 3:30. We have a huge trophy for Champion Costume . As well as a Horse and Pony games show that stats at 11 am on the sat. If you have any questions about the costume part of the horse show please just ask me. I'm running both events on Sat June 22.
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #27
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Yes the everybody can enter - everybody wins - costume contest is each day at noon. Glad your littlun cousins are excited!

-Whystler
Super excited! The eldest keeps "practicing" to be a knight using a bucket as a shield and sand shovel as a sword (I don't know if I trust him with even a foam sword). It's probably the most cutest thing ever! That's good to hear - he REALLY wants to win a prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulaFan199 View Post
There is also a Horse and Pony Costume Contest on Sat at 3:30. We have a huge trophy for Champion Costume . As well as a Horse and Pony games show that stats at 11 am on the sat. If you have any questions about the costume part of the horse show please just ask me. I'm running both events on Sat June 22.
The little ones are also excited to see this too!

Future Cosplays!

Giant Diglett
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #28
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I REALLY hope the weather stops being utter crap for the weekend! My costume doesn't handle getting rained on very well. (And it's got a trailing part.)
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #29
Whystler

Good news!

One Forecast for Guelph shows Friday clear, a 25% chance of rain sometime on Saturday (which means if there is rain, it is usually a very small amount), and clear on Sunday.

Another Guelph Forecast shows Friday clear, Saturday clear, and Sunday just with clouds.

Folks - If you are daunted by rain - don't be There are plenty of tents to wait out any possible drops. And we can't have a this years or next year's festival without you there this year

-Whystler
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #30
Whystler

COSPLAY BATTLE!

I thought I might let you all in on something fun that's happening at Enchanted Ground this year each day. Folks in costume can sign up to ally with either the Dark or the Light under the appropriate generals. They will then face off on the field, army against army, in a huge pantomime, fake weapon, battle.

This will be filmed by various individuals, and the donated footage will be compiled into an EPIC Enchanted Ground battle scene, with added effects for magic and explosions, and music and the like.

So if you are:

-In costume, come prepared to battle each day!
-a person who can take any kind of video ... iphone ... digital camera ... digital video camera .. what have you ... come out and grab some footage!

MEET THE GENERALS:

The Dread Pirate Roger ( Roger Sumner) will be recruiting his army for the Dark Queen, and Venetor Flux ( Patrick D. K. ) of Epoch LARP will recruit his army for the glory of the Light Queen!