Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Boston

Unread 05-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Anime Boston 2013: Feedback Thread

This thread is for posting your thoughts/opinions on Anime Boston 2013!

From your experience this year, what were the pros and cons? What were the highlights and lowlights? Would you return again next year?

Also, you can discuss the particulars of the convention, such as the events, panels, masquerade, dances, etc., as well as what you thought about the con and hotel staff, the guests, convention space, food, dealer's room, attendees, and whatever else pertaining to this year's AB!

2014 Conventions :
Katsucon (Washington, DC) - Megacon (FL) - Colossalcon (OH) - Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Yuffie from Kingdom Hearts, Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

What did everyone think of the bag checks?

At one point there was a huge ass line and without knowing I cut the whole thing.. Sorry if you were in that line.
I mean, I didn't have a problem with it and it was understandable given the events at the Boston Marathon this year. It was just a pain to go through it again if I had left the con center for some reason or another.

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Medli; Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
Morpher
The Archy Morpher

I thought the bag checks weren't as bad as I envisioned they would be. Glad that no massive lines accumulated from the bag check; they were quick and kept people moving along.
--
I have to say what I felt was a HUGE improvement was the Artist Alley. I was so happy to see it moved into a bigger space. I would dread going into the artist alley before cause of how little room there was to move around in and when you stop to look at the merchandise you'd end up unintentionally blocking the entire walk way. Now there is tons of space I am able to freely move around in without bumping into others and be able to look at the art there with out causing a traffic jam.
Juvia Lockser - (Fairy Tail) - Planned

Future Cosplay(s)
Leviathan - (FF9)
Hopeless Estheim - (Original Character)
Daniella - Haunting Ground
Morpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

I agree about the AA in a bigger room, I used to get hit with props and wings when I was looking at the tables. Maneuvering was a tetris match. So I'm glad it was in EH C this year. Much better suited for it in my opinion.

~Cosplay History~
Maka Albarn; Soul Eater
Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG
Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess
Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid
WORKING ON:
Goddess Madoka; Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Medli; Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Sasha Brauss; Shingeki no Kyojin
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
Eternalanime

The bag checks weren't too bad, the crew tried to keep it in line as much as they could. They worked very hard on Saturday. This was my first AB so I don't have much experience to speak on past AB's but the crew had to work very hard on popular panels due so many people lining up and other people passing by. Hats off to all those wonderful people involved there. AA was great with a lot of room to walk around.
Eternalanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
Rukeya

I thought the staff and security were exceptional. Security seemed less disgruntled than in previous years and the bag check only had issues on Saturday around lunch (and it cleared up fairly quickly.) Pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it went.
Rukeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

I think the bag checks were well done. Sure it was a long line on Saturday, but per the norm at AB Saturday is the busiest day of the con so it's really no shock.
I never got stuck in any sort of line, but then again I was usually very early due to being in events and such. I did however get pulled aside to be sniffed by the bomb sniffing dog while in my Rayquaza mascot suit. The bomb dog's handler seemed very impressed by the fact that the eyes in my head lit up.

As far as events went I was very thrilled to be part of them once again as Rayquaza in the DeathMatch, Youko Kurama in the afterdark dating game, Youko Kurama in the chess match as well.
I was also in the masquerade as Youko Kurama and was very surprised when our group had won an award. Unfortunately out group leader had already left so myself and the 3 remaining people from the group accepted it for her and we gave it to her later on.

All in all it was a very good year and I can't wait for next year. ^-^

BeanSprout Photography
Photo Shoots available! For CTCon 2014!
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote