Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #46
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangledinblue View Post
Ok then so I guess then we'll go with the Friday's gathering at 11 am at the Outdoor Fountain. And Saturday's gathering at 11am at the indoor fountain.

Alright then, there we go!
Yay!
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #47
belligerent
Viking Metal

Going to try and do Reiner for this. We'll see.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #48
13angel19

I'll probably be able to make the Saturday shoot, and hopefully the Friday one too, as Sasha with Oyasumimi. I can't wait to see you all!! I'm especially curious to see how everyone made the gear!
13angel19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #49
ryoogawa
be a lie, is what i hope

I'll be there as Armin with my sister going as Eren (: I'm not sure we'll be able to make it to any shoots though, since I have to stay at my art booth pretty much all weekend...but if anyone is wearing their cosplay into the artist alley, and happen by our table, please let me take your picture!!
"Out of the depths of sorrow and of sacrifice will be born again the glory of mankind." -Winston Churchill
ryoogawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #50
NarutoRaver

Not sure I am gonna be able to finish it in time for this year but I have aspirations to cosplay Levi. I would have to get seriously motivated to bring this all together and make it happen before the convention
NarutoRaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #51
angryshota
Idol

well, I won't be cosplaying as anyone from SnK but I'd love to go to the meetup/photo shoot anyway and take your pictures or just hang around b/c I'm also a huge fan of attack on titan!
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #52
gumirin
blame komaeda

I'm planning on doing Hanji Zoe though I really don't know if I'll be able to finish it by the con since I'm not even done with any of my other cosplays. But if I happen to finish Hanji on time, I'll definitely join you guys for the gatherings! Just like most of you, I'm also reallyyy excited to see everyone's 3dmg! c:

AUSA 2014:
♢ Birthday - Hamatora
♢ Shinkai Hayato - Yowamushi Pedal
♢ Mako Mankanshoku (2 star goku unif) - KLK
gumirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #53
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Going to try and do Reiner for this. We'll see.

Oh hey, it's you! We should try finding each other at con
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #54
belligerent
Viking Metal

YEAH, ME. We totally should!
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #55
CrossStitch

I'll be cosplaying Wall Maria.
CrossStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #56
cosplayraptor
Banana hammock.

I've decided that I'll be going as a regular Titan now. I've got the perfect beer belly for it to look like one of the random everyday 5-15m class Titans, as well as experience from cosplaying the Joker to make the appropriate super-creepy face. The real trick will be keeping that face all day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2J View Post
I'm probably going as the Rouge Titan. If all goes well.

Using morphsuit and mask in case you are wondering.
Any luck on finding good morphsuits? I generally just ebay "zentai" for morphsuits, but since this is flesh colored and sans head I'm wondering if there's a better option.... Or wait, you doing the Colossal or Armored Titan? Because that's much more specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossStitch View Post
I'll be cosplaying Wall Maria.
Please.... Please don't be joking. Because if you are, then you've just made a solid, funny joke. But if you're being serious? You'll be the best thing at Otakon this year.
cosplayraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #57
gumirin
blame komaeda

Um hey guys, I have a few questions on the 3dmg and it'd be really helpful if you guys could help me out here.

So I've bought all the tools & materials needed to make the 3dmg and I really thought that after spending several days looking at reference pics, I've finally understood how it works and how it actually looks like. But I've been reading the manga lately and looking at pictures of the 3dmg made by different cosplayers, and I realized that it looks so different every time? The design just seem so inconsistent, or is it just that it's different for every character?

Maybe I haven't been paying attention to stuff or maybe I'm just being dumb right now >_> But okay, so this is a reference pic from the manga and this is a great collection of reference pics of the design that seem to be very accurate to the anime. As you can see, both designs look quite different and I'm really confused??! I want to start making the actual thing asap but before that, I need to know which design I should follow. Thank you so much in advance! c:

AUSA 2014:
♢ Birthday - Hamatora

Last edited by gumirin : 06-23-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Unread 06-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #58
Tangledinblue
Witty Title...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumirin View Post
Um hey guys, I have a few questions on the 3dmg and it'd be really helpful if you guys could help me out here.

So I've bought all the tools & materials needed to make the 3dmg and I really thought that after spending several days looking at reference pics, I've finally understood how it works and how it actually looks like. But I've been reading the manga lately and looking at pictures of the 3dmg made by different cosplayers, and I realized that it looks so different every time? The design just seem so inconsistent, or is it just that it's different for every character?

Maybe I haven't been paying attention to stuff or maybe I'm just being dumb right now >_> But okay, so this is a reference pic from the manga and this is a great collection of reference pics of the design that seem to be very accurate to the anime. As you can see, both designs look quite different and I'm really confused??! I want to start making the actual thing asap but before that, I need to know which design I should follow. Thank you so much in advance! c:
In my opinion it all depends what you rather make. I myself went with the manga version because I'm not the best at props and that was alot easier for me to make. It was a more simplified version, which the anime one seemed more complex. It really all depends on you prop making abilities and how you feel. I truly don't think there is a right or wrong way. And I doubt anyone would call you out for having any version (Everyone in the fandom seems rather chill so yeah). Hope that helps you.

Possible Cosplays:
Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan)
Mitsuru Kirijo (Persona 3)
Saruhiko Fushimi (K Project)
Shadow Yukiko (Persona 4)
Suit! Sarutobi Sasuke (Sengoku Basara)

-Like me on Facebook
Tangledinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #59
gumirin
blame komaeda

^ Ahhh thank you so much! That really helped me! I guess I was too caught up in trying to find out which design is the "correct" one as I wanted to be as accurate as possible. But you're right, there really is no right or wrong and that I should just choose whichever design I would be more comfortable with. Thanks again!

AUSA 2014:
♢ Birthday - Hamatora
Unread 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #60
Ashloverofanime

Does anyone want to do something small on Sunday, since there's nothing really going on? It would probs be before or after the concert. I'll be going as Mikasa on Sunday, with my friend as Eren. Not sure if we'll have 3dmg, but trying on it.
I probably won't make the Saturday meeting because of the SAO gathering near that time.
Saturday: Ryuko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
Sunday: Ping (Mulan)
Ashloverofanime is offline   Reply With Quote