Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

My journey to get my body back

so katsucon which was back in february, i was looking thru pics of myself. i made the commitment 3-11-13 to get my body back in shape.

Katsu con 2-15-13 i weighed probly over 254 lbs. my offical weight on 3-11-13 was 253.8 lbs

so i devised a diet and exercise plan, supplemented with some of gnc's thermogenics, multivitamins, and rasbery ketone extracts. and green tea supplement.

today i have reached the 50 lb loss mark 203.4 lbs.

I want to loose about 20 more lbs if possible.

My diet:
Breakfast- 6oz nonfat yogurt, black coffee
10am-1030am - special k protien shake, glass of water
lunch - 6 oz chicken salad, 5 crackers, grapes 3 oz, carrots, 3 oz, apples 3oz, diet bevarage
2pm -330 pm, - special k protien bar (90 cal)
dinner - salad with (chicken, steak, or turkey) low fat dressing, small pc of corn bread, diet bev.
late night snack - slimfast treat bar, 8oz of carbonated flavored water(sugarfree)

Exercise:
after work a 1-1.5 hr walk/run, 45 mins on stationary bike, 30 sit ups, 30 push ups, 6 mins shadowboxing (use of a sauna suit)

What do you all think?
TETSUYA_CASSHER is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Sonic Man
A Hero Ahead of His Time

First, let me say that this is truly an inspiring thread, and I admire the amount of courage you have to post these results. I can honestly say that there is a world of difference between your before and after photos, specifically with your Harley Quinn outfit. It's definitely an improvement, and one that should be maintained. Considering that you're going for formfitting costumes, the weight loss is definitely a plus. However, there are more benefits to losing weight besides looking good in a formfitting outfit, one of them being longevity and improved health. I also have to admit that your progress report is definitely showing a lot of time and effort, and the amount of weight you've lost in two months' time is impressively noticeable.

Kudos on the weight loss, and good luck on your journey to a better you!
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
DiscoLemonade

Dude that's awesome! Congratulations. Good look with the next 20.

Does your exercise routine include all of those things, every day? I just can't imagine having the time to dedicate 2ish hours a day to exercise.

Cogsworth in Transition (Beauty and the Beast)
Spice (Batman Forever)
DiscoLemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoLemonade View Post
Dude that's awesome! Congratulations. Good look with the next 20.

Does your exercise routine include all of those things, every day? I just can't imagine having the time to dedicate 2ish hours a day to exercise.
Well i do all these things daily.

Strengh in the morning after my dog does his walk 6am to 7am

cardio when i get home 515pm to 645 walk/ run with my dog. then i hop on the bike.
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
shingekinokyoji

That's amazing! With enough time and dedication, anything is possible. (: lately, I've been working myself out like a dog. Some days are worse than others, but it's all worth it! If you want to increase more lean muscle, try doing lighter weight with more reps. That has worked for me. And with your progression, have you thought of doing insanity? It's working wonders for me (Although I run on top of it.... ahha)
shingekinokyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
gadowain
at last, forgot

Wowza, excellent results! Good luck with reaching your next goal! It is truly inspiring... my spouse and I are currently trying to commit to an exercise routine as well and it's not even anywhere near as close to how much you dedicated to your cause! Makes me want to stop complaining and get off my butt. Excellent job. :-)
Unread 06-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Small update:

I have cracked into 195 lb mark. I cut out the special K brand, replaced it with it Myoplex brand. Cut more processed foods. Added and extra 5 mins to my bike.

also i had to start doing back strengthening exercises. I got another 15 lbs to go before i can concentrate on muscle phase of this fitness plan.

Again thank you for taking a look, dont hesitate to ask questions if you want to compare notes on your journey.
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
belligerent
Viking Metal

Um, dude, you are getting results because you're basically starving yourself. You're not eating enough to feed a 100lb woman, much less a 195lb man. This isn't really going to be sustainable over the long term, especially once you also try to add strength training. It's likely you'll just stress your body out to the point where it plateaus. Probably not what you want to hear.

Anybody else reading this thread, I really wouldn't recommend following this kind of diet.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Um, dude, you are getting results because you're basically starving yourself. You're not eating enough to feed a 100lb woman, much less a 195lb man. This isn't really going to be sustainable over the long term, especially once you also try to add strength training. It's likely you'll just stress your body out to the point where it plateaus. Probably not what you want to hear.

Anybody else reading this thread, I really wouldn't recommend following this kind of diet.
I am on a diet DUH!!!!! The only way people lose weight is eat at a calorie deficit. Programs like nutrasystem or weight watchers dont want the sheep to hear that. They single handly do more damage. Because they want you to keep eating there over processed crap.

You are probably in the normal weight category by the age you are and your natural metabolism. You also fail to realize limited cal diets are on par for when obese people get lap bands.

I get plenty of clean protien, plenty of healthy fiber, potassium, maganesum, calcium. I get 100% of what i need to function. I burn off what i dont need. I take a multi vitamin so my organs still function as expected.

Part of getting results is pushing thru stress, and minor hunger. Part of dieting is pushing thru. Part of dieting is not doing the bs that is taking it slow and go at your own pace bs. If you want results you got to go ahead an earn them.

So i encourage any one to have the strength to push thru.
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
Bovice

Too lazy to count up the OP, but now that the concern has been brought up, I am curious as to how many calories you're eating a day.

There's a healthy diet and an extreme diet.

If you're not getting enough calories and nutrients, about half of that weight you're losing is going to be fat and you're also going to lose muscle mass at the same time, which is no good.

Curious as to how much of a deficit you're at.
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

At the 253.8 weight the estimated cals i needed to just exist (BMR) 2,055 cals a day.
The first three months i consumed 1500-1700 cals a day.

Now at 195 lbs my bmr is 1,787. So I have restricted myself to 1000 to 1200 cals a day.

On the bike at 50 mins my calorimter says i burn about 400cals, a 1.5 hr walk/run according to my pedometer, it is about 300 cals.

Now while this may seem extreme. Consider this in my diet i am at 45g protien, 15g fiber, less that 6g fat, i still drink 8 glasses a water daily.

Once i get to 185 to 180 lbs i will maintain this 1,651 cals a day, to allow my body to recover while working at a 100 cal defict based a standard bmi for "helthy" weight 165 keep in mind i am 5 foot 6. I am a short man.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

The only reason why i am at an extreme deficit is trick my stomach, so it can get used to limited fuel. I know eating at 1000 cals is not long term, Long term is once i get to desired weight about 1600- 1700 just for maintenance.

I used to do powerlifting in college, my weight class was the 165lb class, but i would walk around at 180lbs 3 weeks before competitions, and drop 15 in a week.

Just that those times at like 9 yrs in the past, and working an office job it converts most muscle to fat.
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
Bovice

Not even sure where to start with that post.

You're going to end up a hungry skeleton because when you do lose your weight, you're going to have lost a lot of muscle on top of that fat you're losing.

If that's the route you want to go, it's up to you, but just giving you an FYI. When you see that reduced weight on the scale, just want you to know what you're actually losing.

As far as your body recovering, you're not just going to magically gain all the muscle back you've lost.

And lastly
Quote:
Just that those times at like 9 yrs in the past, and working an office job it converts most muscle to fat.
This does not exist. You can't convert fat to muscle, nor muscle to fat. They are completely different types of tissue inside your body and aren't interchangeable with one another.

When you're bulking, it's not that you need to get fat so you can then convert that fat into muscle. You just need to be at a caloric surplus to build muscle. You also need to be at a caloric surplus to build fat. They just coincidentally have the same requirement, so when you're bulking, you're going to put on both, but they're two completely independent processes. Then when you "cut" you're losing the fat you gained in that process, while trying to maintain as much of the muscle as possible.

There's no fat --> muscle nor muscle --> fat though. Complete myth and your body doesn't work that way
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Heres the thing i think the results speak for themselves. Close to a 59 lb drop, almost 6 inches off my waist, my face noticibly has lost fat, my legs, i can go 50 mins at intermediate level avg 100 spins per min. I am trying to go the lean route, muscle i got it, i have a scale that tracks body fat % in 3 months i have dropped over 5% in bodyfat.

Is it because i can get results that frustrates some? Let me ask you this, is a 59 lb drop that drastic if its all fat, AND IT IS ALL FAT, have not lost any muscle.

I hate when people say slow down on a diet, i say the results are in the pictures and the weight. Dieting takes drive and determination.
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
Bovice

Not sure if that's directed at me, since it's after a few of my posts, but I'll go ahead and address the post as if it were to me.

Again, it's your choice, you can do whatever you want. I was just letting you know what you were in for. If you honestly believe that you haven't lost any muscle mass, and that 1000 cals a day is only losing body fat, well, that's a road you'll cross when you get to it.

Quote:
Let me ask you this, is a 59 lb drop that drastic if its all fat, AND IT IS ALL FAT, have not lost any muscle.
If that's what actually happened, then great for you. Though, I don't believe it for a second. I know you lost 59 lbs, that's not what I'm denying. The claim to have retained all of your muscle though is just ridiculous.

I've no intention on telling you to slow down, since you're obviously set in your ways. I wish the best of luck to you, honestly, and hope you don't fuck up your body too badly doing this.

Quote:
Is it because i can get results that frustrates some?
If this was directed at me, you obviously haven't seen what my body was like 3 years ago vs what it looks like now(and even along the way; start vs 1 year, 1 year vs 2 years; 2 years vs 3 years). I've no issues with getting results.
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #15
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

I let the scale and the pictures do the talking.