Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 05-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
MikuBlue
Crazy Coser

Exclamation I need help with my long, tangled, frizzy, Miku wig

Hi there! I'm new here, and I'm also new to cosplay.

I bought myself a Hatsune Miku wig. I knew that it tangled really easily, but I was willing to work with it. The problem is, I have no idea how to detangle and care for it! >o<

Please tell me how to care for a long wig (it's the pigtails that tangle)! Also, my pigtails are very tangled, frizzy, and just plain messy - what would you recommend I do? I want a cheap way to do it, something that will keep it from tangling, and remove the current tangles in it now. It's even difficult to separate to braid! >o<

Please answer ASAP, anyone who's good with wigs. I need to fix it before next Saturday! Also, is there a way to do it without using silicone lubricant spray? I don't want to inhale it and such, and I don't want my wig to smell and stuff...
MikuBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
MikuBlue
Crazy Coser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikuBlue View Post
Hi there! I'm new here, and I'm also new to cosplay.

I bought myself a Hatsune Miku wig. I knew that it tangled really easily, but I was willing to work with it. The problem is, I have no idea how to detangle and care for it! >o<

Please tell me how to care for a long wig (it's the pigtails that tangle)! Also, my pigtails are very tangled, frizzy, and just plain messy - what would you recommend I do? I want a cheap way to do it, something that will keep it from tangling, and remove the current tangles in it now. It's even difficult to separate to braid! >o<

Please answer ASAP, anyone who's good with wigs. I need to fix it before next Saturday! Also, is there a way to do it without using silicone lubricant spray? I don't want to inhale it and such, and I don't want my wig to smell and stuff...

OH, and I just recently heard that using hand lotion can help detangle and defrizz a wig - do you think I should try it?
MikuBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Comb the wig with a wide tooth comb (not a brush) from the bottom up, doing small sections at a time and taking your time to be gently. Mix together about equal parts of water and lotion and saturate your wig. Let it dry on a wig head propped up so the hair is hanging (you might want a towel underneath). Once it's fully dry, comb through it again in the same manner as before, braid, wrap up in a hair net, and store in a bag.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
Inuyasha_Kun
The Hanyou

I heard that oil sheen is also good for getting tangles out of long wigs

Conventions 2013:
A-kon-Catzi, Botan (dark tournament), Akane Tendou. (maybe Inuyasha)
Tokyo In Tulsa,
Izumi-con
Inuyasha_Kun is offline   Reply With Quote