Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #16
lolacolabunny
Journey of Dreams~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhiterosewutai View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HXE6piZyCU They're feathered, hope that's good! *Never used Kayle and don't remember what her wings look like*
Thanks for posting! ^^

P l a n s
San [Princess Mononoke]
Vaporeon [Pokemon]
Elf [Dragon's Crown]

▪▪Youtube▪▪DeviantArt▪▪Facebook Page▪▪
lolacolabunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #17
Shinkei-kun

If you're looking to do a boy from League then I think Ezreal would suit you. (Sorry I creeped your profile to see your other cosplays, and I saw Len and made it based off of how well that suited you.) and for a girl you could reuse your Miku wig and do Sona (I personally LOVE the Arcade Sona skin.) My personal favorite female League champs are Vi and Leona but those are extreme cosplays heh. Me and my gf are still new o;
Shinkei-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #18
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkei-kun View Post
If you're looking to do a boy from League then I think Ezreal would suit you. (Sorry I creeped your profile to see your other cosplays, and I saw Len and made it based off of how well that suited you.) and for a girl you could reuse your Miku wig and do Sona (I personally LOVE the Arcade Sona skin.) My personal favorite female League champs are Vi and Leona but those are extreme cosplays heh. Me and my gf are still new o;
I love Leona, but hate the thought of carrying a sword and shield around. Props get pretty heavy after awhile!

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
xwhiterosewutai
Poke Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I love Leona, but hate the thought of carrying a sword and shield around. Props get pretty heavy after awhile!
The downside to many League costumes lol xD
xwhiterosewutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #20
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

I am thinking of doing Classic Ashe, Classic Ahri or someone else... I am not sure yet (if anyone could recommend me a character I could possibly do owo ~)

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #21
VampirePickle
Because I naughty naughty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkei-kun View Post
(I'll go ahead and assume this is for me cause Len and Miku came up haha if not then awkwarrrd heheh)
Thank you so much for the suggestions! And don't worry about 'creeping' my cosplays, that's kinda what this websites for xD I would love to cosplay Ezreal as he is my favorite male champion actually! I'm just worried about pulling him off cause I've seen one other girl cosplay him before :'D And I have to agree that Arcade Sona's outfit is beautiful! I don't know if I could pull off a good Sona though :3 I kinda thought about Lux as well, but I'm not too sure, hehe
Celes (Dangan Ronpa) /In progress/
Yuno (Mirai Nikki) /In progress/
Anime North:
Undecided
Conbravo:
Undecided
Unplugged Expo:
Undecided
VampirePickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #22
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
I am thinking of doing Classic Ashe, Classic Ahri or someone else... I am not sure yet (if anyone could recommend me a character I could possibly do owo ~)
Perhaps Fiora?

Unread 06-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #23
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePickle View Post
(I'll go ahead and assume this is for me cause Len and Miku came up haha if not then awkwarrrd heheh)
Thank you so much for the suggestions! And don't worry about 'creeping' my cosplays, that's kinda what this websites for xD I would love to cosplay Ezreal as he is my favorite male champion actually! I'm just worried about pulling him off cause I've seen one other girl cosplay him before :'D And I have to agree that Arcade Sona's outfit is beautiful! I don't know if I could pull off a good Sona though :3 I kinda thought about Lux as well, but I'm not too sure, hehe
I think it's sad that this year at AN there were so many Arcade Sona's. Sona has so many awesome skins (including her original). I would love to see a Sona with her Guqin skin.

Unread 06-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #24
VampirePickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I think it's sad that this year at AN there were so many Arcade Sona's. Sona has so many awesome skins (including her original). I would love to see a Sona with her Guqin skin.
I agree! I was kinda shocked to see the arcade skin so much, even more then her default. I didn't spot any default Sona's at all actually! (I'm not very observant though xD)
Anime North:
Undecided
Conbravo:
Undecided
Unplugged Expo:
Undecided
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #25
VampirePickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
Based off your icon picture, I would the blonde wig looks nice on you :3 I would suggest possibly Freljord Ashe, Lux or Janna? :3 Hopefully that helped a little hehe~
Anime North:
Undecided
Conbravo:
Undecided
Unplugged Expo:
Undecided
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #26
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Has anyone worked with wonderflex or worbla? I was thinking of making my shoulder pieces and some other bits out of one of those and craft foam/eva for the rest...

Unread 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #27
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I just started working with Wonderflex! I used the stove top to do the heating. You Basially heat the section up until they get soft and you just layer them on to the form or another piece of Wonderflex. It's like lamination without the glue. It also stay malleable enough to bevel the edges by hand.

Worbla good for really round piece.

Just a great resources.
http://www.kamuicosplay.com/221-2

I'll assume your ordering a red Zentai suit. lol

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #28
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I just started working with Wonderflex! I used the stove top to do the heating. You Basially heat the section up until they get soft and you just layer them on to the form or another piece of Wonderflex. It's like lamination without the glue. It also stay malleable enough to bevel the edges by hand.

Worbla good for really round piece.

Just a great resources.
http://www.kamuicosplay.com/221-2

I'll assume your ordering a red Zentai suit. lol
Yeah I check her stuff on facebook a lot. I just wish I could get wonderflex or worbla from an actual store so I could touch it first.

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #29
th3ch0s3n0n3

I would love to work with wonderflex, but it's far too much out of my price range. Does anyone know of any materials I can use that are similar to, but less expensive than wonderflex?
th3ch0s3n0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3ch0s3n0n3 View Post
I would love to work with wonderflex, but it's far too much out of my price range. Does anyone know of any materials I can use that are similar to, but less expensive than wonderflex?
Yeah i've been looking at how much it would cost and it's rather pricey. You can use eva foam (the stuff they use for craft foam and stress mats). Many people that do iron man cosplays use it. This girl used it to make her Riven cosplay and now she's making aether wing kayle.

I'm thinking that would be a good alternative. You can also use extruded PVC - also known as sintra. It's not as happy to bend though. This guy used it for his Tryn cosplay.

You can also use expanding foam and paper mache for weapons and big shoulder pieces and the like.

I think i'm going to work with eva foam for my cosplay. I'm get some of the 5mm stuff and I already have some 2mm stuff for detailing work. You can prep your eva foam with school glue and water which will allow it to be painted. Eva foam also has some give to it which is good when you are moving around. It isn't hard like wonderflex and worbla, whic means it's a bit less durable but being that it's a stress mat, it can take some beating.