Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 03-23-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
vash_humanoid

and the truth comes out...

my mom just figured out about me wanting to crossplay and crossdressing. i finally told her and stuff and she said she wants me to do more activities and stuff so i wont do it again. im sorry but i love it and wont stop, no matter what happens. she used the term "idle minds are the devils playground" for te situation. she thinks that when im bored, ill do it. she thinkds it isnt "healthy" for me, wtf!?! yeah thanks for lowering my self-esteam even more... any help from any of you would be greatly appreciated. im not depressed or anyhitng, im glad i got that away so its not so much of a burdon but im pissed because she thinks im this no-life freak now... i dont think that but does it really take that much thought to maybe even think i might not want to stop?

Unread 03-23-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
Rameana
Space Lion

I don't know what to say, I'm abit ashamed to mention to my parents that I crossplay.
But I have not really found any female characters I really want to play. But I guess I don't understand why she would be mad about crossplay.. is she just mad about Cosplay in general?
Rameana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2004, 10:10 PM   #3
vash_humanoid

well i tried cosplaying as vash last year, i was gunna buy the costume and everything incuded and needed but she wouldnt let me "waste" my money. its not so much as cos/crossplay but that she now knows i crossdress wich has gotten me into crossplay. i have more chars i want to cosplay more than crossplay and iether way she prolly wouldnt let me do either anyway..
Unread 03-23-2004, 10:10 PM   #4
WoodenCoyote
Jesus Christ, superstar!

Don't worry about it, shug. Narrow minds are common unfortunantly, and as fursterating as it may be, your mom cares about you and just has your best interests at heart, or, at least what she feels is best.
The only advice I can give you at this point is to be tolerant of your mom and give her time to come around.

--------
"If you tell O'Hara what's in the window seat, I'll tell him what's in the cellar. There's an elderly gentleman down there who seems to be very dead."
Jonathan Brewster - Arsenic and Old Lace
WoodenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #5
Chanté
da bananaz

My heart goes out to you. Do what makes you feel good.

What sucks is that there's a double standard. I'm a girl, and I know for a fact that if I cosplayed a guy, my parents would not care. But my parents might wonder a bit if my brother wanted to cosplay a girl, you know?

Sailor-Jupiter.net | Cristina's Tiki Journal | Sailor JAM-boree

University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
~ Class of 2011!! ~
Chanté is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #6
Mizuno Tenshi
Shiawase wa itsumo.

Well... at least you haven't been kicked out of the house or anything. Things are better in a few years when you get your own car, start to drive, and then become a legal adult. ^__^

Tenshi

"Normal is for those who can't do any better." - Me
Mizuno Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote