Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #31
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Those tutorials are talking about making EVERYTHING like no premade parts. Mine looks just fine..Don't worry about making everything the same materal, some parts shouldn't be made of half the materials people use anyway..

Actually, DDD would be HARDER, because he has a huge design on the back of the coat as well as MORE detail on the pants..Pretty much any Drive Form other then Valor is not going to be cannon. I've NEVER seen a Master Drive Form at a con..Well all the KH2 versions they sell online except Limit (which I'm doing so as long as you aren't, you don't have to worry) they have premade shoes for. So you are ok buying shoes online since they do sell them all.

That's because you aren't looking in the right places, and probably putting them on wrong..I got one of my wigs to fit on one of my friends and he has this nappy ass afro crap going on. You just have to stay away from ebay, those are the ones that don't fit. And you can't NOT fit a wig cap..That's impossible..I can pull them over my whole face, so you should be able to put one on your head..
-Nora (RWBY)
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)

Dream Cosplays:
-Append Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Tsuruya (Haruhi Suzumiya)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #32
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

My husband has a 24" head with pretty thick hair and arda wigs always fit him fine. Two magnum xl wigs sewn together will give you the right amount of volume and length and arda wigs are the best when it comes to fighting gravity. They have several wigs that would work for Sora. I want to make Sora's final form soo much. :P I'm making Ventus this year but he won't be done for Sakura Con. TWEWY characters are invited to the square photoshoot right? Or is it just Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy?
Unread 11-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #33
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Riddeltk, Actually, you don't need to do that for Sora:
http://jasonterror.deviantart.com/ar...play-297152427
That's ONE Jaguar from arda. Not a single part of the netting shows.

But yes TWEWY is Square, but like I said, I'm running the Square shoot, Which isn't even all square, it's a fan meet up..No requirements except the love of Sqeenix shizz. However, I have to add since you asked, TWEWY is in KHDDD, so they are part of the KH shoot ANYWAY..However, I said nothing about FF..There is a separate thread for that shoot, so that has nothing to do with this though..
-Nora (RWBY)

Dream Cosplays:
Unread 11-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #34
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Riddeltk, Actually, you don't need to do that for Sora:
http://jasonterror.deviantart.com/ar...play-297152427
That's ONE Jaguar from arda. Not a single part of the netting shows.

But yes TWEWY is Square, but like I said, I'm running the Square shoot, Which isn't even all square, it's a fan meet up..No requirements except the love of Sqeenix shizz. However, I have to add since you asked, TWEWY is in KHDDD, so they are part of the KH shoot ANYWAY..However, I said nothing about FF..There is a separate thread for that shoot, so that has nothing to do with this though..
Well seeing as i might be single when sakura con rolls around ill probably still be sora or leon, who knows? I'm not sure though.
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #35
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea..Not to be a dick, but I don't see that happening unless she leaves you..You have said so many times a good year and a half ago that you wanted to break up and you never did....So..I won't hold my breath..But yea, be whoever you want
-Nora (RWBY)

Dream Cosplays:
Unread 11-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #36
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Yea..Not to be a dick, but I don't see that happening unless she leaves you..You have said so many times a good year and a half ago that you wanted to break up and you never did....So..I won't hold my breath..But yea, be whoever you want
The "crazy ex" of mine everyone knows broke up with me last march. i met a new girl mid october. but ill see if leon or any kh/ square enix is possible though.
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #37
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

People can be jerks some times though. :/ They say Square but what they really mean is Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. I've seen some really picky people say that they don't want cosplayers using the Advent Children costumes in Kingdom Hearts shoots because they weren't KH exclusive costumes. TWEWY characters in KHDDD have their original costumes. I just didn't want to ruffle any feathers. ^^;
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #38
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Neko, what's wrong with the new one then? I didn't ay much attention at Aki as to who you were around, so I didn't notice..

Riddeltk, I'm not those people lol Me and this other user I named above (Luvan1me) were talking on the old Sakuracon site forums, and we both pretty much held the shoot. She was late and asked me to step in. But yea, we oth pretty much started that whole trend haha Square means Square and nothing more nothing less. Plus, the people attending the shoot can't actually tell ANY cosplayer they can't be there..If it's like, "all Sora cosplayers for pics" then no..Cloud's go away for the shoot, but if it's "all KH people in the pic" then KH1 and advent Cloud are BOTH in the game, and are not out of place. Some people need to learn manners is what that it..And learn how to not be an asshole..
-Nora (RWBY)

Dream Cosplays:
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #39
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Neko, what's wrong with the new one then? I didn't ay much attention at Aki as to who you were around, so I didn't notice..

Riddeltk, I'm not those people lol Me and this other user I named above (Luvan1me) were talking on the old Sakuracon site forums, and we both pretty much held the shoot. She was late and asked me to step in. But yea, we oth pretty much started that whole trend haha Square means Square and nothing more nothing less. Plus, the people attending the shoot can't actually tell ANY cosplayer they can't be there..If it's like, "all Sora cosplayers for pics" then no..Cloud's go away for the shoot, but if it's "all KH people in the pic" then KH1 and advent Cloud are BOTH in the game, and are not out of place. Some people need to learn manners is what that it..And learn how to not be an asshole..
she just might not be able to make it to the con, and pay for her badge and all that jazz.

if all else fails ill be FF8 squall.
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #40
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

I'm glad you're not like that. And I know they can't actually tell you to leave but they can make you kinda want to.
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #41
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Neko, well, you can always find me. I'll be walking around with a couple other people too.

Riddeltk (is there something else I can call you? Maybe Ridd or something, something I don't have to look at to type haha), Yea, the way I feel about those shoots, is, if the cosplay version they are doing is actually IN the series, then they can't tell you not to be there..You can go, but this version is IN that game, so they literally are characters IN THE GAME!! If they think that, say advent cloud, doesn't belong, then they probably haven't actually PLAYED the games, therefore shouldn't be there themselves..
-Nora (RWBY)

Dream Cosplays:
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #42
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

Riddel or Rid, what ever. I haven't ever had to deal with it personally but I've seen a lot of people get upset over it. Specifically I'm remembering a group of KHII Final Fantasy cosplayers. It was a Leon, Aerith, Yuffie, Tifa and Cloud. Yuffie, Tifa and Cloud were told to get out of the picture. The Cloud even had the wrapped Buster sword. I wouldn't ever want to be around all that drama. It sort of kills the convention fun.
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #43
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Alright Rid works lol The less I need to remember, the better haha

Anyway, I also haven't had that happen to me so I don't personally know, but was that at a KH shoot? If so, then those people are retarded and obviously haven't played KH2, where cloud not only is in his AC outfit, but TIFA IS LOOKING FOR HIM!! as in it's a part of the story that HAS TO HAPPEN..Plus the whole sephiroth part..But they more then likely only cosplayed KH because everyone else does and wanted attention and didn't even KNOW that version of cloud is actually IN the game..hose people are the ones I refuse to talk to..It's like, If you don't even know what the hell you are cosplaying, then don't..They are only doing it to get people to look at them and take attention away from others and people like that disgust me..
-Nora (RWBY)

Dream Cosplays:
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #44
Loveable-Eve
A guiding light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddeltk View Post
People can be jerks some times though. :/ They say Square but what they really mean is Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. I've seen some really picky people say that they don't want cosplayers using the Advent Children costumes in Kingdom Hearts shoots because they weren't KH exclusive costumes. TWEWY characters in KHDDD have their original costumes. I just didn't want to ruffle any feathers. ^^;
Really? that's horrible
I wouldn't stand for it
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #45
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

It was an all Kingdom Hearts shoot. So BBS and 358/2 days characters were allowed (DDD wasn't out yet).Their reasoning was that it wasn't a KH exclusive costume. I cosplay Yuffie from KHI, they wouldn't have asked me to leave because my costume is specific to Kingdom Hearts. It seemed pretty messed up.