Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:36 AM   #31
sthom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleeshimon View Post
Yes, I believe there will be two shoots. There's actually a facebook group for the Sunday one!

YOU LOOK ADORABLE! Your cosplay is super well done, I love the Tanemon plush a lot!

I'll definitely message you then if I run into any issues, right now I've just been working on the hat, although the crown is giving me some problems in terms of shaping.

Yup! I'm not sure if it will be ready in time for Anime North though, since I have a lot of other cosplays I want to accomplish. Oh! Sphintus is a great choice !
Oh could you gimme the link for the fb page? I can't seem to find it.

& thank you!! It was my first cosplay; turned out to be so much fun and now I'm hooked onto the hobby!
For the hat, it was total last minute (literally, I made the hat & dress after my prom's after party-4am-, pulled an all nighter and was at the venue right when it started haha) But what I did was I had an existing straw hat. Cut pink fabric pieces that would cover the hat plus have the pointy part, but decided to make it stay up with plain cardboard inside. This was a bad idea since in the process of shoving in the cardboard through the parts I already sewed, cardboard bended thus made it droopy. I imagine using a flexible plastic cutout for the inside would've worked!

How are you making it?
Since I have to make wizardmon's hat any ideas would be appreciated since my method was a total pain last time.
sthom22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #32
Fleeshimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthom22 View Post
Oh could you gimme the link for the fb page? I can't seem to find it.

& thank you!! It was my first cosplay; turned out to be so much fun and now I'm hooked onto the hobby!
For the hat, it was total last minute (literally, I made the hat & dress after my prom's after party-4am-, pulled an all nighter and was at the venue right when it started haha) But what I did was I had an existing straw hat. Cut pink fabric pieces that would cover the hat plus have the pointy part, but decided to make it stay up with plain cardboard inside. This was a bad idea since in the process of shoving in the cardboard through the parts I already sewed, cardboard bended thus made it droopy. I imagine using a flexible plastic cutout for the inside would've worked!

How are you making it?
Since I have to make wizardmon's hat any ideas would be appreciated since my method was a total pain last time.
https://www.facebook.com/events/215318088656908/

Oh! I was trying to build the base out of foam and just couldn't get the right shape at all, I might try again once more, if not I'll definitely buy a hat to use as a base and use a layer or two of thin foam for a rim. Good idea!

For Wizardmon, I'd make it out of a stiffer fabric and just re-enforce the layers with foam or cardboard to help it stand up and for the rim to hold it's shape. Then again, Mimi's hat is the first hat I've attempted, so I don't really know very much.

My advice would be to message other cosplayers who have made similar hats or ever ones who have cosplayed Wizardmon before. I'm sure they could steer you in a better direction.
Good luck!

Noire: Fire Emblem Awakening
Mirajane - Fairy Tail
Fleeshimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #33
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

Ill update this when I get a chance, and reply to stuff lol.

Last edited by N_H_Sakura5 : 01-30-2014 at 11:55 PM.
N_H_Sakura5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #34
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

Righty, so I made us a Facebook Page for this shoot so we can also chat on there about the shoot. I think xshadowmonkeyx and I will just keep using the page (editing the year in the name when required) so we don't have to keep making one.

So please go an like the page! : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anime...55177391244132
Unread 02-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #35
xshadowmonkeyx
Miss Gogglehead

It's nice to see more digimon cosplayers, that's really cool guys! To be frank Sakura and I had no idea there was another shoot, but as far as we're aware it's alright for multiple shoots run by different people.. other than it might get confusing for some, so that's why we've created the new facebook page. It was not to compete at all in case anyone was wondering. If anyone has questions feel free to message us. The other group's shoot seems to be on the sunday. But we have nothing to do with the other shoot as of now. We are the main ones here on coscom and will be mainly using this site for updates on our shoot but if anyone is on facebook, go ahead and like the page. Date and location of our shoot is still to come. With that facebook page, I suppose it's easier to share photos and stuff too from this year.

Cosplays:
Anime North 2008- Holly (Monster Rancher)
Anime North 2009- May (Pokemon Advance Outfit)
Anime North 2010- May and Red (Pokemon Leafgreen/Firered)
Anime North 2011- Marcus Damon (Digimon Savers)
Anime North 2012- Tai Kamiya (Digimon Adventure) and May
Anime North 2013- Tai (Adventure)
Anime North 2014- NONE
xshadowmonkeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #36
SaikyouKira
タケル

Good to see that the thread is still bumping. lol

I was on the Official AN Facebook page a while earlier, and I found out that the girlfriend of a friend of a friend of mine is cosplaying Angewomon! Needless to say, I told her about it and invited her to join our photoshoot if she could at all! Hopefully she says yes!

UPDATE: She plans on coming!

Last edited by SaikyouKira : 02-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.
SaikyouKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 11:41 PM   #37
QuestGiver
Giver Of Quests

Woot Digimon photoshoot!!!

I'm working on a Wizardmon as we speak, hope theres no Myotismon >.>
QuestGiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #38
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshadowmonkeyx View Post
It's nice to see more digimon cosplayers, that's really cool guys! To be frank Sakura and I had no idea there was another shoot, but as far as we're aware it's alright for multiple shoots run by different people.. other than it might get confusing for some, so that's why we've created the new facebook page. It was not to compete at all in case anyone was wondering. If anyone has questions feel free to message us. The other group's shoot seems to be on the sunday. But we have nothing to do with the other shoot as of now. We are the main ones here on coscom and will be mainly using this site for updates on our shoot but if anyone is on facebook, go ahead and like the page. Date and location of our shoot is still to come. With that facebook page, I suppose it's easier to share photos and stuff too from this year.
It's one theme/show/game per day. So you can have 3 different groups do 3 different days, as long as there is demand for it.

I'll have the photoshoots open for everyone soon, so check the teahouse forums for it! (It'll be there first, if I post here at all... seems pretty dead here!).

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #39
Fleeshimon

Oh I'm sorry!
I hope I didn't cause too much confusion bringing up the Sunday shoot. I actually heard of that one before the Saturday one. I feel terrible D:

Noire: Fire Emblem Awakening
Mirajane - Fairy Tail
Fleeshimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #40
N_H_Sakura5
DigiDestined

The main page has been updated, and I can now confirm that we will be having our shoot at 12 PM on Saturday again this year, but this time we will be over at TCC1. You can find a map circling the location on the first post.
Unread 03-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #41
griffstar
Fan girls are scary...

Great to hear! TCC1 is a great location so long as it doesn't rain. Even if it does, at least there is the paved path right next to the location. I love all of the shade and trees. Thanks guys for the awesome spot!
griffstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #42
JSMC168

Sry guys im out D: cant make it to digimon gathering this yr. but me and one of my friend plans on doing Lobomon and kouji for next yr AN good luck and have fun

- Alois Trancy - Hannah ver.
- Secret Black Vow - Len
- Sailor Moon - Helios
- Tails of Xillia 2 - Elle
- Lamento - Firi
- Rozen Maiden - Souseiseki

JSMC168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 02:01 AM   #43
Miliyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMC168 View Post
Sry guys im out D: cant make it to digimon gathering this yr. but me and one of my friend plans on doing Lobomon and kouji for next yr AN good luck and have fun
BUT I FOUND US A SORAAAA
ahh lols we'll discuss this later :P
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:00 AM   #44
JSMC168

Funny thing just now im eyeing a certain thing that make me want to b Ken ichijouji just for the shoot XD

- Alois Trancy - Hannah ver.
- Secret Black Vow - Len
- Sailor Moon - Helios
- Tails of Xillia 2 - Elle
- Lamento - Firi
- Rozen Maiden - Souseiseki

JSMC168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #45
SaikyouKira
タケル

So I think the Digimon board game should make an appearance at the photoshoot. :3
SaikyouKira is offline   Reply With Quote