Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: What time for the photoshoots?
Friday 5-6PM 1 20.00%
Friday 6-7PM 0 0%
Friday 7-8PM 0 0%
Saturday 10-11AM 1 20.00%
Saturday 11-Noon 1 20.00%
Saturday 1-2PM 1 20.00%
Saturday 2-3PM 1 20.00%
Saturday 3-4PM 1 20.00%
Sunday 10-11AM 1 20.00%
Sunday 11-Noon 1 20.00%
Sunday 1-2PM 3 60.00%
Sunday 2-3PM 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #16
Rykhas

Nefer, I created a Facebook Group for people who don't use Cosplay.com to coordinate cosplay ideas etc. If you are on Facebook, I can make you an admin to the group that way you can crosspost any information here onto the Facebook group. Let me know if this helps!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/644946685518950/
Rykhas is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #17
Nefer
Silver fox

@uzuki54: Awesome! And well...you have more chances of having people from FF7 and up ya than 6 lol, I should have wore Setzer the Saturday afterall since Friday had no FF6 either x'D

@SoraTsutoni: Ah nice! ...and good luck for having a Rosa! MDA and I wore them this year but...one the Saturday and one the Sunday xD Go timing lol.

@stevelations: Ah, great ^^ MDA created one I think for 2012 but ya, not for the latest years... I've 'entered' the group and I will send you my info on a PM if you don't mind lol (though I'm rarely RARELY on FB unless Hotmail warns me of a new message/comment/whatnot, but I can update when I have news though no problem ^^; ).

...I'll also recreate a AN forum thread eventually when closer to the con like I did this year.

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #18
MDA
Destiny Productions

I made a Facebook Event Page for 2012, and did one for 2013. I can create for 2014 again.

Not 100% as of yet if I'll be doing Final Fantasy to next year's AN, but I will see. Depends if Ameran and Deamond go to Anime North next year - depends on a certain brother *glares at him*

If I do bring a Final Fantasy cosplay... not sure who it'll be at the moment... might be my Friday DAY cosplay. Since we have Vocaloid for the evening so the girls aren't in their... "nighties" for long.

Either be Relm from FFVI, a Black Mage or White Mage from FFI, Luneth from FFIII, or I'll see about making Cloud, Reno, or Tifa from FFVII. I don't know atm.
All my other FF cosplays that I really want to do atm are either bulky (lots of accessories, fabric, etc - like Setzer, Emperor, Bartz, Aschelia), or are makeup heavy (Ultimecia, Kefka, Trance Kuja)

And I'm willing to help out again!

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART

Last edited by MDA : 06-06-2013 at 01:31 AM.
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #19
teabeforecoffee

I am definitely bringing back my Princess Garnet cosplay I just do not know which day (guess I have a few months to decide right? haha!) I plan to do Garnet one day and Mint from Threads of Fate on another day (I realize that last part does not apply to this thread haha!).
teabeforecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #20
Nefer
Silver fox

@MDA: I'll have one FF cosplay myself for the Friday FF photoshoot before going back to my hotel room and changing into Gakupo so ^_~ Guess you could help with the Friday one then? XD

@teabeforecoffee: Awesome! Your Garnet is so pretty too! ....hopefully we'll have more FF9 cosplayers next year lol. ...a new FF game would be so great too, bet it would help with having even more cosplayers lol. I was surprised of the 'lack' of Lightning this year (ok so we had like 4-5 Saturday, but still! XD).

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #21
Synn4000

I know its quite a long time off, but glad to see people planning already! I am not sure if I can pull it off, but I'm aiming to have a Kain Highwind from FFIV to show off for AN2k14! Tonberry was a challenge this year, and Kain is going to be much more so, but I am excited to try and improve/expand my skills!
Synn4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #22
Miicah

I was at the photoshoot this year, though only as a photographer xD

But next year I'm planning on cosplaying as Serah Farron from XIII-2! ^^ I'm excited because it looked so fun to be a part of...hopefully I won't chicken out xD It'll be one of her DLC outfits (Summoner's Garb or White Mage), though I'm not sure which yet-- maybe it'll depend on the weather? xD Or I can do both on different days~! We'll see c:

Future Cosplays
Serah Farron (Summoner's Garb DLC) - Final Fantasy XIII-2
Nyota Uhura - Star Trek (2009)/Star Trek Into Darkness
Kamiki Izumo - Ao no Exorcist

Facebook | MyAnimeList
Miicah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #23
Nefer
Silver fox

Alright so, after talking to MDA on Skype today, I may go for either Celes or Edgar from FF6 (both Amano versions) the Friday (until late evening) for AN2014 ^^ I'll see what I want to make by then, but it will be easier to change from than Seymour by any rate, and Kain...well I'll leave him to Synn4000 to cosplay ^_~ I'll wait until Liliana cosplay Cecil again x'D ...and not wearing Jihl will spare my ankles a bit lol.

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Unread 06-13-2013, 02:29 AM   #24
MDA
Destiny Productions

Official:

Going to make Relm from FF6 for Friday Comfy and easy and cute!

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #25
strawberrypokey

my caius cosplay will be on a Saturday of AN 2014 :3

-Rogue from X-Men (Friday)

-Rogue from X-Men (Saturday)

-Pegasus from sailor moon (Sunday)
strawberrypokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #26
danoof14th
Glomptastic!!!

I'll be there as Noctis from Final Fantasy Versus XIII...wait... I mean Final Fantasy XV! Trying to convince my friend to go as Stella (the blond girl) but no promises.

Cain - Trinity Blood
Lightning - Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns
Sasuke - Naruto Shippuden
Loki - The Avengers
danoof14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #27
uzuki54

Not gonna say 100% for sure yet, but my cosplay choice may end up changing. I'm researching patterns and fabrics for a possible Red Mage cosplay (the original FF1). The hat is probably going to be the hardest to make but I really wanna try.

Ai-Kon

Cosplays in progress

Female Red Mage (FF1)

Team Rocket Grunt/or Phantom Renegade
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
Nefer
Silver fox

After doing a poll on my DA, I'm pretty much sure that I'll be cosplaying Celes the Friday now, though plans can change by then but ya ^^;

@uzuki54: You can find good hat bases at Dollar stores near Halloween time and XMas if that can help, they even have cowbow hats so you'd only need to modify the shape a bit ^^

2013 cosplay:
2014 Convention cosplay:
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #29
MDA
Destiny Productions

After a search of the inventory of my fabric... I actually don't have to buy ANYTHING for Relm! So excited about this!

Got the gold satin for her pants, the black stretchy for her top, and I have a lot of jewels and beads, and have fabrics that can work for her hat. Am I happy? Oh yes :3 Even have a WIG that can work!

I am most excited. Cheap costume is cheap

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #30
uzuki54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
@uzuki54: You can find good hat bases at Dollar stores near Halloween time and XMas if that can help, they even have cowbow hats so you'd only need to modify the shape a bit ^^
I'll keep an eye out on that then, thanks! No dollar store in the town I live in but there's one an hour away. Since I want to focus on the red mage, I'll probably scratch Garnet and Yuna. I may still do one of them if finances allow but for now I'm going to stick with just the one cosplay especially since I'm planning on more schooling starting this fall.

Ai-Kon

Cosplays in progress

Female Red Mage (FF1)

Team Rocket Grunt/or Phantom Renegade
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote