Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
zekie

Attack on Titan 3D Maneuver Gear

Hello, cosplayers and prop designers! I'm interested in making a set of "more realistic" 3D maneuver gear from the Attack on Titan anime series. I know there are a lot of threads out there regarding the construction of 3D gear, but I was hoping for more specific help in two ways. 1. You live around Pasadena/LA area and have some intimate prop making knowledge and experience and you are willing to help me design and build mine with me in person. Or 2. You don't live nearby but have some really awesome ideas about building "more realistic" gear that you'd like to share with me. When I say realistic, I mean less paper, foam, plaster, and spray paint and more wood, metal, and plastics, etc. Money isn't much of an issue in designing the gear and I don't mind if the gear comes out to be heavy or burdensome. Please let me know what y'all think. Thanks so much for your input!

P.S. Specifically, I'd like to have gear from the anime series, not the manga. :] There are lots of picture and diagrams of the manga gear and guides on constructing the manga gear, but very little about the anime gear. Anyway, here's something I found on google regarding the manga gear if you were interested. http://maxiburger.tumblr.com/post/51...-maneuver-gear
zekie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
capricious

Here are some reference images for the anime version of the gear. Hope this helps!

http://z-raid.tumblr.com/post/50512563785/by

http://rivailleplz.tumblr.com/post/50634443977
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

We've been commissioned by Crunchyroll to make 3DMG for AX 2013 and as per my current designs will be mostly wood and plastics. I'll be starting construction sometime mid June so keep tabs on my twitter and FB for updates.

This is the kind of finish and quality I strive for, and with outside funding it should turn out at least pretty decent.

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
zekie

capricious: Sweet! Thank you so much. These diagrams were exactly what I was looking for. I found this random cosplay store http://www.cosplayice.com/attack-on-...l#.UaqFH77n-70 but they have no reviews, outside info, or anything. I assume it's a China based company. I really like that set though. I saw some on ebay going for about 500-600 from Chinese companies. I tried to buy, but they said it would take months to create... I want it in time for AX 2013, so I declined to wait. Hehe.. But I'm really happy you found these diagrams. Thank you!

StabbityBlkMage: Thanks for your input. I was hoping to get a set for AX2013, so I'm going to try constructing one ASAP. I definitely appreciate your work. It's amazing! I'll check back with you mid-June to see your progress. It's so cool that you've been commissioned by Crunchyroll. Awesome. Haha, if you make an extra set, can I buy it, assuming mine sucks?
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
zekie

Hello! I think my reply got deleted. I apologize. I probably violated some kind of rule without knowing, but I think it's also because I'm considered a new poster since I have less than 30 posts or something so the moderators are extra careful with me. Haha. I did really want to thank you, capricious. Those diagrams were exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for finding them for me, I tried to look everywhere I could with terrible googling skills. :] Also, StabbityBlkMage, I reviewed your sites and I love your work. I wanted to tell you I think you make amazing stuff. I'm excited to see what you have planned out. I'll be sure to check back with you mid-June. Extra bonus that you're working with Crunchyroll, they're awesome!
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #6
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Here's my WIP so far. All plastic construction with brackets for attaching and detaching hoses.

The rest of my WIP is on my twitter as I go as well as on my FB. Hope that helps!

Facebook
Deviantart
Unread 07-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #7
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

If anyone is following this thread I'll be releasing my tutorial within the week. Hope people liked the result! The people at the booth seemed to like it a lot! Happy cosplay!

Facebook
Deviantart
Unread 07-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #8
louiesaurus
Madara/Obito Cosplayer

woah those maneuver gear

Cosplay 2013

Anime Expo 2013
Day 1: Tobi 4th War