Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime Evolution

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
DanikaInABox

Anime REVOLUTION?

In case you didn't know, Anime Evolution was cancelled. To the dismay of many British Columbian Manga fans, we had no other cons.

AHA!! but whats that?! ANIME REVOLUTION?!

REJOICE!

http://www.vancouverconventioncentre...volution-2012/
http://www.animerevolution.ca/

Dates seems to be August 17-19
Vancouver. I don't know all the details but I know I'm going.

Will anyone be joining me?
DanikaInABox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #2
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I'll probably go, but there has been a bunch of... rudeness and drama on their forums. I'm very wary about them at the moment, and they had better pull out all the stops to get me to attend regularly.
Unread 09-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Gruggle
Horf.

Iiiiinteresting. Most likely going to try to go.
Gruggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #4
Katasha
Fan-Freaking-Tastic

I donno how I feel about this. I mean even when AE was going it was a really hit and miss convention when it was going. Now I know they say they are a whole new team running this, so that gives me a little hope, but I still really wonder.
Unread 09-23-2011, 02:43 AM   #5
Sesami

Hello everyone, I just like to ask everyone to please give Anime Revolution a chance to prove itself.

In regards to what Akiyhrah said, it was mostly some misunderstanding that made someone or some people to think our team member was being rude, which is really not the case, we have accepted the mistake and have apologized to the individual(s) and we sincerely hope this is not going to stop any of the anime/cosplay fans from attending AR2012.

I thank you for your understanding, please drop by our forum and say hello, meet the team and other anime/cosplay fans and I am sure you'll see that we are not rude. =)

Best regards
Sesami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Kid-Icarus
Too ninja for you ;)

Might go :P
3. Luke Ainsworth (The Sacred Blacksmith)
4. Sho Minamimoto (TWEWY)
5. Roy Mustang (FMA)
6. Kira Yamato (GSD Ver.)
7. Soma (God Eater)
OPEN TO COSPLAY SUGGESTIONS.

Anime Revolution
- /
- /
- /

Me
(Older Pic)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...Xx/Jacket3.jpg
(Old Pic)
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...Xx/RedHair.jpg
Kid-Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
DanikaInABox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
I'll probably go, but there has been a bunch of... rudeness and drama on their forums. I'm very wary about them at the moment, and they had better pull out all the stops to get me to attend regularly.
Personally I've been treated very well on the forums.

I'm sure it will be great. Is everyone that wary of it?
Unread 10-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
DanikaInABox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruggle View Post
Iiiiinteresting. Most likely going to try to go.

Great! I hope to see you there!
Unread 10-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
Sesami

We hope to see everyone there, if anyone's not coming for any reason, hopefully the following year =)
Unread 11-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesami View Post
Hello everyone, I just like to ask everyone to please give Anime Revolution a chance to prove itself.

In regards to what Akiyhrah said, it was mostly some misunderstanding that made someone or some people to think our team member was being rude, which is really not the case, we have accepted the mistake and have apologized to the individual(s) and we sincerely hope this is not going to stop any of the anime/cosplay fans from attending AR2012.

I thank you for your understanding, please drop by our forum and say hello, meet the team and other anime/cosplay fans and I am sure you'll see that we are not rude. =)

Best regards
Really? I only lurked the forums for a month or so, but every post I saw that questioned anything about AR or disagreed with one of the staff/mods in the least got met with hostility by the entire community. Hence why I am not a part of the forums now. I don't appreciate having my honest opinion attacked simply because I am not kissing your ass. You may have labeled them as 'misunderstandings', but I know some of the people who have felt attacked on your forums, and they certainly would not agree.
Unread 11-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #11
Sesami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
Really? I only lurked the forums for a month or so, but every post I saw that questioned anything about AR or disagreed with one of the staff/mods in the least got met with hostility by the entire community. Hence why I am not a part of the forums now. I don't appreciate having my honest opinion attacked simply because I am not kissing your ass. You may have labeled them as 'misunderstandings', but I know some of the people who have felt attacked on your forums, and they certainly would not agree.
I am not attacking you and I apologize if it seems that way, and I don't expect you to "kiss my ass", but with respect, that was months ago and as far as I know I don't see any sort of rude behavior by our staff as of now, I really don't see any reason to hold grudge on this issue for so long, like I said, all we ask is a chance to prove ourselves, can we please put this issue behind? much appreciated, thank you.
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #12
Halogirl

I'm from Surrey BC and was sad that there wasn't an Anime Con in Vancouver this year
I'm very excited when I heard about Anime Revolution happening next year in August!!!
I'm soo there!

So far I've found the AR forum to be quite pleasant! Come and check it out

http://www.animerevolution.ca/forums...432e0bd3684dcf

Also, my friends and I have purchased out pre-reg tickets for $40.
Looking forward to next Aug!!!

Annie~
Halogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesami View Post
I am not attacking you and I apologize if it seems that way, and I don't expect you to "kiss my ass", but with respect, that was months ago and as far as I know I don't see any sort of rude behavior by our staff as of now, I really don't see any reason to hold grudge on this issue for so long, like I said, all we ask is a chance to prove ourselves, can we please put this issue behind? much appreciated, thank you.
I never said you were attacking me now, I said I don't go to your forums because of what I have seen in the past. Perhaps your forums have tamed; however your staff has left a very bad first impression on me and many others, so I have no desire to return until you HAVE proved yourselves. And in case you missed it in my first post, I said I would probably still go to the con and give you guys a chance; after all I've been a cosplayer for a few years now and am very active in the community, so I'm not likely to pass on a chance to cosplay. You were the one who quoted me and decided to make it an issue, so don't try and turn me into a bad guy. You are perfectly welcome to drop it, but I still stand by my opinion.
Unread 12-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
RubyxStiletto

I will be going, gotta start on my cosplays pretty quick here! xD;;
RubyxStiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #15
Anaira

I would like to go but I really can't be 100% sure I'll be in Vancouver at this point. The fact that tickets are non-transferable and that there don't seem to be any price brackets (gradual price increases until the date of the con) greatly dissuade me from going
Anime North 2014
ColossalCon 2014
Anime Expo 2014
Fan Expo 2014
Anaira is offline   Reply With Quote