Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 06-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
Madam Neko
Tea, Moe, Art.

Completely Bare Chest

So, for Sakuracon 2014 I will be going as this

The tail is going to be quite the challenge, but I think I have got that worked out. However, I soon discovered and even bigger challenge:
How do I make my female chest look male, and /completely/ bare? In the past I have used a nude spandex shirt, but it just looked like a silly, tan tank top. I have looked around to see if I can find any ways to make a fake man chest... but my quest ended in failure. So, do you have any suggestions? I was thinking about possible using latex in some way, but I have never worked with it before and have no idea of how to go about it. Or, would there be anything that could work as a substitute for a bare chest? I was thinking of moving the scales to come up really high, but I worry that might look silly, and I want to be as accurate as possible.

This is also something I would love to have for other cosplays as well, so any ideas would greatly be appreciated!
Madam Neko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Kelley
Devil of Details

It's going to depend on your budget and skill.

And airbrushed, colour-matched nude shirt with blended edges is going to be the best way to do it cheaply.

Doing it out of latex will not only require likely in excess of $1000 but the ability to sculpt something completely and masterfully realistic. Not that it can't be done, but it's very expensive and if you're not a master sculptor it's probably a better idea to start with something small first and work your way up just like you would with sewing !

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
Madam Neko
Tea, Moe, Art.

Goodness, thank you so much! I had no idea how much latex would cost OTL I usually research things more before asking questions, I guess I just spaced on it!

I think I just need to special order some spandex/lycra in a closer color to my skin. Airbrushing is a great idea! Thank you so much!!

(I love your icon by the way~~)
Madam Neko is offline   Reply With Quote