Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Historical Costuming

Unread 06-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Looking for a US Civil War Sack Coat Pattern

I'm looking for a US army sack coat pattern. Prefer to have a JT Martin sack coat pattern but any pattern will work at this point as long as it's good. Will also consider kits and tutorials, again just as long as they are good. Please and thank you.

Unread 06-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ororo Monroe View Post
I'm looking for a US army sack coat pattern. Prefer to have a JT Martin sack coat pattern but any pattern will work at this point as long as it's good. Will also consider kits and tutorials, again just as long as they are good. Please and thank you.
http://www.oldtimepatterns.com/civilwarmen.html

http://winchestersutler.com/Pat.html
Unread 06-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Thank you very much. The second link was what I was looking for.
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #4
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
Thank you very much. The second link was what I was looking for.
If you have anymore question about Civil War stuff feel free to ask me here or pm I do re-acting I'm with the 20th Maine Company B,US 2nd Snipers Regulars, 14th Texas Light Cav, and 3rd US Regs (The Old Guard-they still exist you know them as the unit that protects The Unknown at Arlington)

One word of advice if you plan on using wool, make sure you us some sort of soft liner on the inside. Also do you plan on purchasing Brogans to wear if so when you get them take some leather oil to them and soften them up and on the heel rim rough the rim up or you will be slipping and sliding everywhere. Also get a pair of padded inserts for your Brogans.
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
If you have anymore question about Civil War stuff feel free to ask me here or pm I do re-acting I'm with the 20th Maine Company B,US 2nd Snipers Regulars, 14th Texas Light Cav, and 3rd US Regs (The Old Guard-they still exist you know them as the unit that protects The Unknown at Arlington)

One word of advice if you plan on using wool, make sure you us some sort of soft liner on the inside. Also do you plan on purchasing Brogans to wear if so when you get them take some leather oil to them and soften them up and on the heel rim rough the rim up or you will be slipping and sliding everywhere. Also get a pair of padded inserts for your Brogans.
I am a reenactor too. This sack coat is for a young member of our unit. I'm planning on using Stonybrook for the wool. It's up to the young men if he wants a lining our not. Not all jackets had lining and a few didn't have he inner pockets, but a patch pocket on the outside. Most of the unit has heel plates or nail for their brogans which means I can hear them coming across a hard surface. Thank you for the info none the less.
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Scorpion89
The Master

Quote:
I am a reenactor too. This sack coat is for a young member of our unit. I'm planning on using Stonybrook for the wool. It's up to the young men if he wants a lining our not. Not all jackets had lining and a few didn't have he inner pockets, but a patch pocket on the outside. Most of the unit has heel plates or nail for their brogans which means I can hear them coming across a hard surface. Thank you for the info none the less.
Which unit(s) are you with and if your US based are you going to Gettysburg 150th