Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AnimeFEST

Unread 06-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
ihelia

Breaking In to Animation Panel

Hey guys!

Now that A-Kon is done for the year, I'm focusing on AnimeFest and I wanted to get some opinions, feedback or votes for a panel I'm planning to host with my boyfriend this year: Breaking In to Animation (link: https://animefest.org/e/AF2013/PanelVoting?id=5939)

Here's a bit of back story about why I think we'd be great candidates for hosting a panel on this subject:

My boyfriend and I have been in the feature animation industry for a few years now, having both graduated in 2009 from Ringling College of Art & Design with BFA's in Illustration. We both also have experience in publishing, social games and commercials. Our paths to art school were similar, as we realized our passion and love for drawing back during the 90's anime boom. He was constantly drawing DBZ, and I still have my notebooks filled with (mostly bad) Sailormoon drawings.

That's exactly why I think we'd be great to host this panel. We both started the same way I'm sure many of the attendees at AnimeFest have started with their love for art and animation. And I'm sure many of them would love to pursue it as a career, but might not know where to start. The movie industry seems untouchable at times, but with the right information, dedication, and craft, anyone can be a part of it. In only a few short years, my boyfriend and I both have credits to our names and are working on upcoming features to be distributed by Relativity and 20th Century Fox in 2013 and 2014, respectively.

Our experience combined with our passion for anime would be ideal for this kind of panel, and we both are looking forward to sharing that love and helping others reach their dreams like we have been lucky enough to do!

Thanks for your support!
  • Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion (100%)
  • Melia from Xenoblade Chronicles (5%)
Planned Cons
  • WonderCon 2014
  • AnimeExpo 2014
  • Anime California
  • Comikaze

Last edited by ihelia : 06-05-2013 at 12:33 AM.
ihelia is offline   Reply With Quote