Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #46
AJ the Collector
Collector

I asked on the AN forum like a week and a half ago and no one's answered.
FanFare Geek Fest 2
FrostCon 2015

Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Equius Zahhak - Standard {98%} for Homestuck Halloween Picnic and FanFare Geek Fest 2
Totakeke {90%} for AN15
L {75%} for AN15
The Signless {50%} for FrostCon 2015
Sable Able {50%} for CB15
Penelope Mouse - Sly 3 design {25%}

Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #47
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ the Collector View Post
I asked on the AN forum like a week and a half ago and no one's answered.
I wouldn't utilize the forum at this time of year, especially when there's an email right on the hotel page. They should know which hotels will be partnering up with AN.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #48
SaikyouKira
タケル

You could always call the hotel itself to see whether or not they'll be offering a deal for AN-goers next year. They should know or be able to find out for you.
SaikyouKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #49
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

SUPER Pissed off... got into the Rad this year.
Well my now EX BOYFRIEND booked it under HIS name. He told me if we broke up, he would change the name over to me cues his grandma lives 5 minutes from the convention. WELL ... he broke up with me. AND WONT change it over ! me at 6 friends are now out of a hotel room and I am just SUPER pissed!!
ARRRRG .. lets hope I can grab something =_=

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #50
wunderboy

Hey anyone know if the hotels in the area are actually booked up? Every year I try to book my hotel in january. And we've gotten the crown and the sandman before. This year the crown only has single beds available, and the sheraton and the holiday inn all say their booked up. I thought that was a little weird considering its only November and last year they had rooms available January 1st.
wunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #51
uzuki54

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderboy View Post
Hey anyone know if the hotels in the area are actually booked up? Every year I try to book my hotel in january. And we've gotten the crown and the sandman before. This year the crown only has single beds available, and the sheraton and the holiday inn all say their booked up. I thought that was a little weird considering its only November and last year they had rooms available January 1st.
Considering that AN has had to implement an attendee limit, it's not surprising. That's a lot of people. Hotels closest to the event are going to go and they will go fast. People are probably booking rooms earlier and earlier due to concern of not getting a room at the hotel they want. I recall last year, I had trouble getting a room for 4 around this time of year til I sucked it up and went with a hotel a little further away.

Ai-Kon

Cosplays in progress

Female Red Mage (FF1)

Team Rocket Grunt
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #52
wunderboy

i ended up calling the crowne and apparently theirs multiple events happening that week/weekend not just AN so theirs a lack of rooms available. I just booked mine at the holiday inn close to the airport and i got a backup 1 bed at the crowne. As of 10am this morning the crowne had 4 rooms left.
wunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #53
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzuki54 View Post
Considering that AN has had to implement an attendee limit, it's not surprising. That's a lot of people. Hotels closest to the event are going to go and they will go fast. People are probably booking rooms earlier and earlier due to concern of not getting a room at the hotel they want. I recall last year, I had trouble getting a room for 4 around this time of year til I sucked it up and went with a hotel a little further away.
Yep, it's a frantic race for the DT (It's usually booked solid by the second week after, and I'm concerned when I book my room for next year just a few DAYS after!), and because the Rad lets you book for next year at checkout (extremely unfair IMO, quit hogging that awesome hotel!), it's almost impossible to get one there if you weren't already staying there.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #54
Grimmjow99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yep, it's a frantic race for the DT (It's usually booked solid by the second week after, and I'm concerned when I book my room for next year just a few DAYS after!), and because the Rad lets you book for next year at checkout (extremely unfair IMO, quit hogging that awesome hotel!), it's almost impossible to get one there if you weren't already staying there.
Yes i did stay at the rad this year but i called the Saturday night to book a room for 2014. i heard that people who even stayed at the Rad didn't even get a room for 2014.

i don't think it's necessarily impossible to get a room at the Rad even if you weren't staying . Next time what you can do is call their booking/reservations number which is also 24 hours and you can ask to book a room even if you aren't staying there.
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #55
Nagii
Number Eleven

Actually this is the FIRST year that the Rad had allowed booking at check in. Normally they do not start booking to Sept. I have been staying that this hotel for the past 13 years an event a member of their club and I had zero idea they were booking at check-in until I saw something on facebook Sunday. We had no internet Saturday night and when I called sunday they said they were already booked. this will be my first AN year to be in a different hotel. Sigh.

Friday: Chromia
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday:

Transformers Con 2015 - IDW Chromia
Fan Expo - Duchess Swan
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #56
ImNotThatDrunk
Doing it Off the Rack

Alright, so recently I got a job in a hotel - the pay is nice, the people are generally awesome - and its by far one of the lowest stress jobs I've ever had.

A good perk about this place, is that if I stay with this company then I get a staff rate which is dirt - dirt cheap. There's a hotel that falls under my company's brand just a little further away from the con as I'm used to staying - but, like I said. Dirt cheap.

All in all, I consider myself lucky.
Unread 12-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #57
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderboy View Post
i ended up calling the crowne and apparently theirs multiple events happening that week/weekend not just AN so theirs a lack of rooms available. I just booked mine at the holiday inn close to the airport and i got a backup 1 bed at the crowne. As of 10am this morning the crowne had 4 rooms left.
Yeah it does seem like some hotels that don't usually fill up until much closer to AN are already full.
I was shocked that the Residence Inn Toronto Airport Hotel was booked solid, and yet the Crowne Plaza still has rooms open.
Sandman is filling up, but the Quality Suites have much cheaper rates(but pretty poor reviews, so I suppose the cheap price is due to a dirty hotel).

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #58
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagii View Post
Actually this is the FIRST year that the Rad had allowed booking at check in. Normally they do not start booking to Sept. I have been staying that this hotel for the past 13 years an event a member of their club and I had zero idea they were booking at check-in until I saw something on facebook Sunday. We had no internet Saturday night and when I called sunday they said they were already booked. this will be my first AN year to be in a different hotel. Sigh.
This is the first time at check IN but I've booked at check OUT before. I usually booked at full rate and then left a note to change to AN rate once it came out. This year though by the time I checked out, it was already booked for 2014 (I checked out Monday morning). So I had to book at the DT.
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #59
Nagii
Number Eleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
This is the first time at check IN but I've booked at check OUT before. I usually booked at full rate and then left a note to change to AN rate once it came out. This year though by the time I checked out, it was already booked for 2014 (I checked out Monday morning). So I had to book at the DT.
Of course you can book checking in and out without the ANIME NORTH rate. Anyone can. But to be under the Anime North group rate they never used to allow early bookings. Though I am not too worried. The last 2 years at the Rad had nothing but issues with the room itself, after 13 years, I think it's time for a change.

Friday: Chromia
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday:

Transformers Con 2015 - IDW Chromia
Fan Expo - Duchess Swan
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #60
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

I actually never book under the AN rate. It sounds horrible, put they tend to treat you better as a customer when they don't connect you to the con.

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
  • Princess Peach - Super Smash Bros
Nightwitch-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote