Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 07-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
mirecada

Question Sephiroth Cosplay Help?

Ok so before you spam me with messages of "Make your own" or "Have someone make it for you", that's what I planned on doing as a family member of mine was good at doing this kind of thing and he was going to help me out. Unfortunately he passed on, and now I am left with buying a Sephiroth cosplay. I do not want to spend too much more than $200 on this cosplay and I already have his sword. So any help in finding a Sephiroth cosplay would be greatly appreciated.
mirecada is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Finding a good one to buy purly depends on research. Look up on eBay and cosplay selling sites (like the places that sell cosplays like mccostumes.com and so on) android up reviews. Everyone will different sellers they say are great so it doesn't really help. Also for that budget you aren't gonna get one with good armor. It'll be crappy "comes with the costume" armor that all the normal already made sephys come with
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 12:13 AM   #3
KeronSHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirecada View Post
Ok so before you spam me with messages of "Make your own" or "Have someone make it for you", that's what I planned on doing as a family member of mine was good at doing this kind of thing and he was going to help me out. Unfortunately he passed on, and now I am left with buying a Sephiroth cosplay. I do not want to spend too much more than $200 on this cosplay and I already have his sword. So any help in finding a Sephiroth cosplay would be greatly appreciated.
I bought a $50 one, and besides it being kind of shortish on the sleeves and the middle piece (where the Shinra or Heartless Emblem goes) being extremely bad, it did convey the cosplay well. As for getting it online, it's more pick your poison or test your luck on ebay.

Otherwise, try to get a leather trench-coat and have someone add the modifications to it, though it depends which Sephiroth you're trying to convey.

FF7 Sephiroth has no belt buckles besides the one around his waist (for his jacket), has that little stick man on his middle chest piece, knee-high boots and is pretty basic.

FF7: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...h-FFVIIArt.png

Advent Children's Sephiroth isn't too far off of 7's, just with belt buckles on the jacket:

Advent Children: http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/...n-complete.png

Crisis Core's is almost the same, but the middle piece is Shinra's logo.

Crisis Core: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...crisiscore.jpg

Dissidia's Version is based off the Crisis Core version, but with more flare: a lot of beads, jewels, and some new cloth under his trench:

Dissidia: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ia_Artwork.png

KH1/KH2's Sephiroth is the only one that's radically different as it has a much wider gap and 1-3 wings, the middle piece is the Heartless Emblem, has mini wings on his forearms, and a red trim around the jacket.

KH1/KH2: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...b/Sephirot.jpg

So it's all up to you on what version you want, but most of what's on ebay is pretty crap. It's alright for a last-ditch effort though.
KeronSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
mirecada

I would probably go for the FF7 version without the wing. Any idea where i could get a good base and then i could find better pieces later.
Unread 07-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #5
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Most if the eBay coats look just fine. I'd go there first. If you got a standard size a seller has get that becUse they fit better. Obviously be sure to research like I said before. But that's a good start. There are a couple sellers that have good armor. But it's JUST the armor. And like $150 for just that because they are super nice looking. But starting out with buying one with crappy armor and building on it is a good idea.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 07-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
mirecada

Ok, the only thing that I can't find at this point is the shoulder pauldrons, and I dont want those real flimsy ones either. If you know where i can get ones made of metal or realistic plastic that would be great.
Unread 07-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #7
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

You can ask these people:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FF7-AC-Final...em417d2c ad44

I have bought Cloud's Advent Children armor and sword holster, plus a keyblade from them. They use their own pictures and the products 100% match the pics and are amazing quality..However, if they DO want to sell them alone, it will be costly..The Cloud one I got was originally like $200something..And I got a discount because of my business prior..

other than them I can't say for sure, but it looks like you might have to make or commission them..Which, depending on the commissioner could easily be cheaper, or way higher in price..Also, you won't find metal cosplay ones on places that sell cosplays like those china based ones..Most of them make them as cheaply as they can..The one I showed you being the one real exception to that..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)