Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 01-27-2016, 01:48 PM   #1
cute little kitty >^.^<
Wink Trainer Yuna from FFX-2 help!

Okay, I'm about ready to start on my next 2 Yuna cosplays from X-2: Trainer and Berserker. I have the Berserker dressphere figured out, but I need some advice on Trainer.

FFX-2 Trainer Yuna (full front).jpg

So, looking at the skirt, I automatically went to chiffon fabric due to the fluidity of the fabric. Now, I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and went over to their fabric section because they always have the best chiffon selections; however, I asked if they ever got in a lighter blue than what they had. Unfortunately, what I saw is what they get in

Now, I know that my local Hancocks would have it, but the only bad thing about it is that a lot of times they put "special occasion" fabrics, chiffons, lace fabrics, etc. all together of the same colors in one area, except for suedes and denim fabrics of course, and I would have to man hunt for the chiffon fabric, which I personally don't want to do.

Also, I can't find a burnt sienna suede fabric that would work for my top.

So my 2 questions is this:
1. What fabric has the same fluidity of chiffon without it looking cheap?
2. Should I wait on Hancocks of possibly getting a burnt sienna suede fabric? If they're not going to have it, where is a good place to look for burnt siena suede fabric for my top portion?

Thanks for your help guys
"It's you. You were with me the whole time. I kept thinking you might be. Hoping. But you know, I'm not worried anymore. You will always have a place in my heart *hand placed over her heart* We'll always be connected. *Tidus disappears* I love you” Yuna from FFX-2 (sad ending)

KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2016, 06:19 AM   #2
random person #27
You can always check online for the different companies. Some Walmarts also sell fabric, but the selection varies by store [the one I work at typically sells cotton blends by Waverly and a small selection of fleece, flannel and satin, plus holiday based fabric]. So Walmart might be a hit or miss. If there is a Joanns near you, you can check them out too.

As for the fluidity, I'm not sure. But I'm also considering Trainer!Yuna. [I'm going back and forth between Trainer, Black Mage, White Mage and Gun Mage right now]
Ohayocon 17!
Summoner Yuna 75% done [finishing up minor details]
....something! one of a couple ideas....

Back burner: Anima [FFX] 0% (figuring out HOW to make it ...)
Feel free to IM me about random crap, just be sure to tell me where you know me from
LuckyDeathStar is offline   Reply With Quote