Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-05-2004, 11:16 AM   #151
Dia
time for silver jets

ChibiRydia - actually, think that's a great interpretation! That's more like I've always seen Terra in her Esper form, personally. I can't wait to see it - I may have to chat with you about wig ideas, as another costume I'm eventually doing requires one of those absurdly large and voluminous wigs.

HanyaanFaery - I think it's kind of a mixture of both... I imagine there's one wider belt and a few smaller ones, or perhaps some draped strands of beads and whatnot... really, you could do just about anything and it would look good. *laughs* Such is the beauty of Amano cosplay.
Dia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2004, 12:56 PM   #152
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

ChibiRydia, I look forward to seeing your Esper Terra. I have never thought Terra should wear clothes as an Esper, and Amano nor sprite versions of her ever show her wearing anything. I've seen a sash flying from her hair in one drawing, but that's it ^^.

Not to say that the other Esper Terras are bad. . .I just don't agree with their interpretation of the artwork .

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2004, 02:36 PM   #153
ChibiRydia
Mood Subject to Change

Wow, I am so totally relieved! Thank you for your support, everyone!

I am going to post a sketch of how I'm going to do it. This is too exciting!!!
ChibiRydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 10:02 AM   #154
ZoraLink
Howdy!

Wow-Haven't been here in a while, it's nice to be back. ^_^

HanyaanFaery- I love that outfit....it's so pretty. When I look at it, I see it being like a leotard....but just the bottem part (it's almost like a bikini, but it's attached to the upper part--im at a loss for words to describe lol) is different. Then I think the thing on her leg is kind of like a little skirt hanging off, like gunner yuna's, just A LOT smaller lol

Chibi Rydia-I can't WAIT! You did Rydia and all your other costumes so well, I know Esper Terra will be absolutely amazing! I hope it works out for you ^_~ The wig ought to be awsome lol, and yes, I agree, great interpretation ^^

As for me...I know I keep saying who I want to do..and haven't done any lol...but I'd love to work on an Edge costume...or Locke even. Some character that's amano and cool ^^ lol

Last edited by ZoraLink : 11-07-2004 at 10:06 AM.
ZoraLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 10:35 AM   #155
Sorahana
...That was a joke

I'm doing Relm, but not the Amano version XD. I'd going to do the sprite version a.k.a. the one with the pink and whatnot ^^;. I just thought the design was cute so why not....and I'm stil mad about the lack of Final Fantasy Tactics pics of Teta.....poor unsung character ;_;.
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 11:13 AM   #156
Seraphims
You don't Nyo me

I've kinda kept it under lock and key for now, but for OhayoCon I have an Amano Sylph costume in the making. I'll have to post a picture of how I want to do it because there is ONLY on picture of sylph that I've found online, and it's leaves a lot of room for my own little details. I'm very excited.
Seraphims is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 03:23 PM   #157
fairel
Mistrusts certain flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery
OK, confession time. I want to do Amano Rosa. I'm ready to start, except for one thing. I can't decide what the heck is below her waist.
http://homepage.mac.com/hanyaan/rosa.jpg for reference...
I'm thinking it's either embroidery or a series of belts...or both. Or maybe it's something else. I know Amano costumes require creativity...but I just can't decide what the heck I want that to be! Suggestions anyone? Please?

And ChibiRydia, I totally think your idea for Esper Terra will be gorgeously awesome...especially the gigantic wig.

My take on it is that it's a very strange belt with belts and things hanging off of it with some kind of a jem in the middle. It would be interesting to see it done as embroidery though. If you are still having any problems with your Rosa costume, feel free to look at my interpretation of it, or if you have any qustions feel free to PM me. I am aways happy to help another Rosa fan
Unread 11-19-2004, 11:25 PM   #158
Hunter Lani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragmentor
ooOOOoooOOO Hunter Lani, could you post some pix of the fabric???...im on the lookout for some for FMV terra. im doing a hybrid of teh FMV and the art, but i like the FMV material for her dress.

i was gonna use some upholstery type material to get that pattern happening.
Whoops, I've been neglecting the forums for quite some time! Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you! I'm actually working on the strapless dress portion right now, and will post pictures of it, fabric and all, in a few days. It's a bit on the shiny side, so I'm agonizing over whether I made the right choice or not. I think your upholstery fabric may be a more appropriate choice.

I'm glad somebody else wants to make an Anthologies Terra! I prefer it, even with the greenish/blondish/I've spent too much time on the swim-team hair, to the Amano designs.

Rosie
Hunter Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2004, 08:28 PM   #159
Fragmentor
Because I can't fly...

oh, no worries!
love to see those pix whenever they are ready, nor rush ^_^, im still on the lookout for some fabric, velvet is beginning to tempt me, i found a way to etch patterns onto the velvet so i can paint the 'embossed' bits...im still throwing ideas around so....yeah.
Unread 01-28-2005, 06:42 PM   #160
fairel
Mistrusts certain flowers

So anyone willing to tell or hint at what new old school ff costumes they are working on or plan on doing this year??

I am currently making an amano celes costume, and hope to finish it in time for Animazement and Otakon.
Unread 01-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #161
RandomPrefect

i can't believe i missed this thread for so long O_O
my boyfriend and i are/have done Black Mage and Fighter from FF1.... i've also down bathing suit and pajama version of their costumes ^^
i'm hoping to rmake my BM hat/face and i need gloves and shoes, and i want to get better fighter armour and fix his swordchucks =p
RandomPrefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2005, 09:17 PM   #162
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

aw yay im glad this thread is here ^_^!! old-school FF cosplay is awesome!!!! i'm making the Anthology-FMV Terra (6) (or something almost close to it) for I-CON, so excited!! i've also wanted to do Relm or Krile (5), but I dunno about Krile ^_^;;;...she's my only fav party member in that one.....

and props to Esper Terras! i've seen a few, and they look awesome!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #163
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

My FMV-style Reina will be done by the end of the year. It was supposed to be done by the end of LAST year, but we decided to not go to the con I wanted to wear it at :/.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2005, 03:17 PM   #164
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Oh! I love FF5 - I can't wait to see pics of it. I really want to do Faris someday. . . *sigh*

2014 EVENTS: Katsucon, Anime Boston, PortCon Maine, Dragon*Con
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2005, 10:01 AM   #165
Zephyrs
I Am! A Man! Of The Sea!

Amano Locke and Terra for us for Otakon '05. My boyfriend did an uber-ghetto Locke (aka "hmm what do I have in my closet that kinda sort maybe resembles what Locke may or may not wear...") for his first cosplay at '03 so we figured it'd be spiffy to do it right this time.

I like Celes more myself, but I don't look as good in yellow as I do in pink-red... plus Terra's artwork has ALOT more variations and room for creativity (or in my case... "oops, I can't make that design happen LET'S TRY ANOTHER!")
Zephyrs is offline   Reply With Quote