Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #1711
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@MeiChama: NICE!! I'm so glad that someone is cosplaying After Years Kain! Which outfit in the After Years of his are you making? I'm currently trying to make his Holy Dragoon armor.

@El3KtRa: HECK YEAH PRINCESS OF FYNN!~

@Seifer: WHAT?!?!?! YOU NEVER PLAYED FF IV?!?! You never told me that. Wow, now I have to buy that game for you, so you can play through the epicness! xD

@Lunairetic: Ohhhh that is so nice!! I'm excited for ya! I adore FF V, and seeing sprites being Amanoized. 8D Good luck!!

I'm kinda curious, how many of you are familiar with HEIN? This dude from FF III - who needs to gain a lot of weight: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Amano_Hein.jpg
I'm gonna try and make him in time for Halloween. He's so colourful! AND CREEPY. Like Kefka almost.... <.< Maybe not.

I'm also going to make a Faris FF V cosplay. But not her sprite or amano version, but her princess dress that she wears once in the game. I really want to try and bring that sprites dress to life... even in a Amano way.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #1712
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: HOW DO YOU MANAGE SO MANY COSTUMES?!!??! lol I look forward to Faris's dress. I don't remember what it looks like (I only played 5 once) so you'll have to show me. But it sounds pretty. ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #1713
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

I can't remember if I have posted here in the past or not...possibly.

I have the perfect wig and tons of beads for Cecil. I also have plenty of leftover materials to make his sword BUT I PROMISED I WOULD HOLD OFF! *rocks back and forth* I already planned a few complicated cosplays already. I have to make sure they get done by next Summer. *points to signature list*

I MAYBE can push him for 2013 since I have to make armor for another cosplay around then. (A WoW cosplay.) Might as well kill two birds with one stone and make Cecil's pretty paladin armor too.
~Louis Despatis: Honor Amongst Thieves~
~Elliot March: Clover/Joker/Heart no Kuni no Alice~
RedeadDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #1714
loveshacktardis
Son of a Submariner

Hey guys! I've been working on an Amano style Terra. While I love the Dissidia render, I really wanted to go back to that Amano style watercolor feel - lots of wispy flowers and bright colors and such

I'm having trouble with painting the cape though, I've been doing watered down acrylics on a light organza fabric, but my flowers are coming out too "perfect". I've been trying to work towards the watercolor-y feel and imperfect lines, and I don't know if it's the way I'm painting it or if I need to add more water or what, so I figured I would see if anyone had any suggestions!
loveshacktardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #1715
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Terra: xD I don't know... I just do what I do. I admit though it's chaos in my room, I have cosplays EVERYWHERE and it's really hard to keep everything organized. :/ (I have 15 cosplays out right at this moment now and I'm NOT kidding) I have a pile of costumes hanging up ready for photos, a pile for work in progress, and a to-do pile... @_@ I am tempted to take a picture of the whole room, but it's kinda embarrassing.. a little. xD LOL. I'm gonna spam coscom soon with all my new cosplays... >xD mwehehehe...

@RedeadDie: LOL I know it's tempting to start working on the cosplay!! But that's awesome you got a Cecil wig!~ ^^ I looooove him. I envy Rosa sometimes. XDD HEEHEE?!

@loveshacktardis: AWESOME! It makes me so happy when a amanoy Terra cosplay is in the works! And I agree, I really like her Dissidia design too, but I especially love the watercolor feel, like you say.~ ^^ ..Is there a way to smudge up the painted flowers on your cape? OR MAYBE... if you paint on a 'less' watered down acrylic in the middle, and then get the paint more and more watery towards the outside.. So like, the color pigmentation is stronger in the middle, and gets weaker towards the edges of your flowers. :O It may give the effect you are looking for.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #1716
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Liliana: Yes, Rosa is one lucky woman. GEEBUS! It's hard to resist starting! *ties up arms*
~Louis Despatis: Honor Amongst Thieves~
~Elliot March: Clover/Joker/Heart no Kuni no Alice~
RedeadDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #1717
loveshacktardis
Son of a Submariner

@Liliana - Thanks for the suggestion! I bought a ton of extra fabric to try out different techniques because I knew I would get crazy and really really particular about how I wanted it to come out! I'll try adding more water and see how that comes out. I just want to make sure I can do Amano some justice with this one!

adventuresincosplay.wordpress.com
loveshacktardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #1718
Klagin
aka Yomi

I'm trying to make Rydia from FFIV, but it's so difficult to find nice fabrics that are 1) the right colour, 2) dyeable or 3) not too shiny. Bleh. I wish there were more places to buy fabric here... So far, I've dyed it myself, but I'm not all that happy about it. T__T
Klagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #1719
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

Alright so I have a small list of FF costumes to make this year
it's a shock to me and I'm somewhat sad about the amount, but yes lets start with the first costume I'm making:
Refia from Final Fantasy III Image
I already have virtually all the materials needed for her (minues the red material for her boots)
now my questions are as followes:

for the pleated part of her skirt down the bottom, should I instead of making a hem line fold the fabric in half and iron it straight then go about pleating and sewing the two raw edges together along the connecting seam in the dress? or just go for the hemming?

also, her pockets, I dont have the game at hand at the moment but her pockets, what would you define that slight golden circle thing there? or what is it just decal or does it actually have a purpose?
and should I actually add that onto the jacket or just not bother?

The next one on the list is Princess hilda FFII but I'll get to her later
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #1720
MDA
Destiny Productions

After working on a costume that I consider hell these last few weeks (Kuja from FFIX/Dissidia), I've decided that this year (likely in the summer), I'll try making one of the classic FF characters that I want to do. A couple are on hold until I can have my trios :P (II - Emperor, Hilda [me!!], & Firion \ VI - Terra, Setzer, Kefka [me!!])

Either White Mage (I), my own personal interpretation of Cloud of Darkness (III), Rydia -likely my own interpretation- (IV), or Relm (VI). Highly thinking it'll either be Relm or White Mage. Not sure yet...

In a way, I kind of want a group to go with when I make Rydia... whenever that will be.

Or I could just make CoD :P I'd like a cosplay where I can interpret things my own way.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #1721
Fallen Sephiros
Sephiroth Fanboy

@MDA: MAKE COD!!! Your costume designs are so unique

First time posting in this thread... bout time I guess.

Past Classics:
Black Mage (I)
Minwu (II)
Kefka Palazzo (VI)
Moogle

Upcoming (including ones I'm making for friends):
Mine:
Cecil Harvey - Holy Paladin (IV)
Bartz Kaluser (V) normal and dancer
Luneth (III)

For others:
Rosa Farrel (IV) - my wife
Ceodore Harvey (IV:After Years) - my brother in law
baby!Rydia (IV) -my daughter
Edge (IV) - my sister

Gotta keep up the love of the classics.

Con-G, Anime Detour, Anime Boston, and Anime North were awesome! Ad-Astra is iffy...

*Cutting back on cons for 2012 to have more proper family time*
Fallen Sephiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #1722
Vadia

Liliana,

I am familiar with Hein. I cosplayed Kunoichi from FF3. Final fantasy 3 has some nice boss artwork. Good luck on it.
Vadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #1723
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

Greetings! I love old school ff cosplays!

I recently started working on an amano Child Rydia cosplay. So far, the cape and tie is done with the skirt, shoes, and leotard in progress. Currently, I'm working on beading the skirt and leotard. It's coming together really well. I posted a few progress pictures as well.

Leena from FFV is another old school ff character I've cosplayed. She is so much fun to cosplay! I've done her sprite version so far, but may do an amano version as well in the future. I also borrowed my friend's Amano Relm cosplay and liked cosplaying her so much that I want to make my own version of her in the future.

There are so many other old school ff characters I'd like to cosplay as well. Princess Serah from FF, Aria or Refia from III, Porom from IV, and Relm from VI (spirte version).
Natsu (SCV)/Christa (AoT)/Tsubaki (SE)

~Con Plans~
Sakura-con 2014/Fanime 2014

Cosplay reference photos. Please do not hotlink.
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #1724
Kingdom1286

I was thinking about Zidane (FFIX) but he's the shortest character and I'm tall. So, I don't think that will work.

Last edited by Kingdom1286 : 02-22-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Kingdom1286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #1725
Seifer-sama

Wow I haven't been in this thread in a while... I am terrible. :P I finally pulled out my brother's Edgar armor and I am really hoping I can fix it up for him this weekend. It needs to be finished by Sakura con so I better get to work. I also think there might be some minor changes to the Sabin cosplay... but we will see if I have time. :P

@ Liliana: No I never played FF4, but I think I have it... maybe... Well actually I am not sure. :P I will have to look.

@ RedeadDie: Did you decide to work on Cecil after all? :P I know I am really bad about saying I will hold off on something... but I just get so excited that I have to work on it. I usually try to find someway to cram extra costumes in even if I already don't have any free time. Although, I think Liliana still has be beat. :P

@ loveshacktardis: I am not sure if you have already figured it out or not, but I was going to try and use watered down Jacquard textile paint on my cape... I was so happy with my dye job that I was afraid to attempt it and end up ruining it.

@ ~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~: She is so cute!! For that circle thing on her pocket, would a clay or some kind of foam work for it?? Just carve it out and sand it down?

@ MDA: That's an awesome list of characters you are working on!! I can't wait to see you finish them.

@ Fallen Sephiros: Welcome! And Yays!! More Cecil and Bartz cosplayers!!

@ Narnian: Wow awesome progress. I love your wig color... it's soooooo pretty. I am really looking forward to your Relm cosplay, she is just so darn cute!!

@ Kingdom1286: I don't think you should be worried about your height. Cosplay whoever you want to cosplay!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote