Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:16 PM   #1816
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - It seems that some people notice and some people don't. I've gotten around it pretty easily and it hasn't hampered me too much in life. It has looked a little awkward for characters that have gloves though. So you are thinking maybe a flesh colored glove? That could be a good idea. Then I may be able to put other gloves over it and it would look better in pictures. As I told you about the scarves, they are amazing! I love the quality of these things. As for the fashion district, I looked it up - we don't have one yet, but we are supposed to get one soon. Hopefully I'll be able to find some cheaper fabric.

@Rin - I understand. It looks like I'll be attending AN 2014 though. Or that's been the plan any way.

@Kaligoddess - good that worked out for you. Can't wait to see some progress.

@Everyone: More scarves are coming in for Gestahl. As I told Seifer, I'm really impressed with them.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #1817
Seifer-sama

@ Rin<3: You are welcome.

@ kaligoddess: Those coupons have saved me so much money over he years!! I am glad it helped you out. :P

@ FinalEvangelion: I am glad that it hasn't hampered you too much. I know my friend was okay so long as he didn't bump his arm or move it too much. As for the glove, I am not sure what I was thinking, but a flesh colored glove could work. If you can't find something the right color, you could always paint it too. As for the scarves, I am so excited!! When they arrive if you could do me a favor and take a picture of all of them so I can put them into your design, that would be great! I am sure your camera would do a better job then some of the eBay people's. :P As for the Fashion District, that's cool that you are getting one!! You will love it if it's going to be anything like LA's!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #1818
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

I haven't had too many problems as long as I don't scrape the ends of my fingers anywhere since I don't have fingernails there. I suppose painting flesh colored anything would be a very fine mix of paints to get the right skin tone. I will definitely take a picture of the scarves when I get them. I think there is a trick in the lighting to make the gold really shine in the picture, so I'll try that. I have only been to LA once (mainly stuck in traffic the whole time, lol), but the Fashion district does sound interesting. I do wonder when it will be here, though. It's supposed to be not too far from the SakuraCon venue, though.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 09-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #1819
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Debuted Rydia this weekend.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3280045/

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/437189/

This was a 2 week project and I based it off of the CG render. I know some things are not accurate, but this was a fun costume. I just wanted to feel like a kid and be pretty, so I added some extra hair pieces and added more volume to the cape. But I'm really happy with how it turned out. It was really awesome to hear so many people appreciate the costume! And the <3 for FF4 continues...lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1820
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEVA: Hey you got your name changed! Awesome!! As for the painting, it's pretty easy to mix things if you can find a base that's close to the right color. And even if it's a little off, you should still be okay. I really look forward to seeing pictures of the scarves. The one with the mountain and the moon seemed a little cut off, so I would love to see the full pattern. As for the Fashion District, it's awesome. If I am ever in the area I try to make a point of going there.

@ Tifaia: Aww!! That costume is so unbelievably adorable!! Green is a great color for you too! Oddly enough it looks like two of the pictures in your gallery are broken, but at least the last one worked!! Awesome job! I look forward to seeing more!

Cosplay Update: I was able to go to the fabric store yesterday and picked up some new fabrics for the Edgar costume. EVZombie is actually going to be wearing the costume now, so I decided I would update it about. I am working on a new shirt, pants, and an over tunic for a more "kingly" look to the cosplay. I just started patterning it out, so hopefully I will have some pictures of progress up very soon!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #1821
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Bah. *flails but not really flails* Silly cosplay.com. It's actually all the same image but it errored out twice. >.> lol I'm uploading a couple more. Hopefully that will cancel them out. Probably not.

And yea for name changes! Don't think I'll do mine but Final's will start confusing me for no real good reason.
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #1822
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: Oooh yays! More photos!! I love them all so far! There is a shot of you with someone else at a con, who is that person cosplaying? Rosa? Anyway, great photos again! I am looking forward to more! Hopefully cosplay.com will stop being silly for you.

EDIT:

Cosplay Update: I finished a lot of the applique work on Edgar's tunic yesterday, but I still have a lot more to go. I want to continue the triangle motif along the tunic, which will be a slow process because I have to applique that too.... When it's not in pieces I shall take pictures. I am pretty excited to have a revamped Edgar.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 09-05-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Unread 09-07-2012, 05:57 AM   #1823
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - Glad the name change finally went through. I guess that will be a project for sometime. I'll be practicing some paint mixing with Cecil. All of my scarves are now ordered, so I look forward to getting them and getting some photos. I can't wait to have all of this. It sounds like Edgar is coming along nicely, though. I can't wait to see it fully done and get some cool photos.

@tifaia - Amazing Rydia. That costume looks great. That wig must have taken some work, though. As for the name change, I've been wanting to do that for a couple years but always missed the opportunity. My last one was a little long.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 09-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #1824
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEva: Eric's changed as well, which he is super excited about. :P As for pint mixing, it's pretty easy. I also think it's kind of fun too. I am super excited to see the photos of the scarves. I hope you aren't super broke now that you had to buy all those. ^^; As for Edgar, I am so excited to take pictures and show everyone. I have a much more elaborate tunic and a new setup for his scarves. I think it will look really good. I might see if once we get the armor altered, he would be willing to do a quick shoot. :P I also have to order and make new wigs for the two of them though. *Sighs* It never ends. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #1825
Celine
Remember me?

Hey all, silly question for you. Where exactly do all the old school FF cosplayers hang out? Almost everything I've done is from the older games and while the few people that recognize it are all excited, there are very few, if any, folks repping the same titles. I was amazed at all 10 people at Dragon*con that recognized my Bartz, though I can probably credit that to Dissidia.

I've got some stuff on hand to get started on Terra from FF6, Palom from FF4 After Party, and Valvalis from FF4... but no idea what con to bring these to. Any suggestions? Also, looking for 2 people to be the other FF4 fiends, I have a Milon/Scarmiglione in addition to myself. Or a Golbez.

Have costumes, will travel. :P
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #1826
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

*grumbles* Flippin' coscom. Ate my entire post. -_- Here's the slimmed down version.

@Seifer/Final: Thanks a bunch! It was fun bouncing around as her for the day.

@Celine: Probably the larger Japanese media oriented conventions like Otakon or AnimeExpo you'd get better recognition. I've found in general that if you're not in a group for an early FF game, your photo factor tends to decrease unless you're a known character like Terra.

Ok~ I'm needing some more outside opinions on fabric choices. Celes is my next project. I'm focusing on her CG render from the Anthologies release: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...VI-CelesCG.gif

The purple is staying. Ignore the yellow on the left. I was thinking about the gold on the right. This gold was on sale and it's so freekin' pretty. It reminded me a lot of this costume: http://fav.me/d510fo1 I was thinking of using the matte side of the gold as the primary fabric with the shiny side for the piping. Or just buy all new fabric entirely. Appreciate any input you all have. ^^

And attached the pile of fabric I've been store up for Leila (FF2). Never denounce a sale or remnants when it comes to Amano pieces. All of that fabric on it's own is about $68. I spent less then $20 collecting it. Thank you coupons, sales, and leftovers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leila fabric.JPG (158.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg celes fabric 1.JPG (81.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg celes fabric 2.JPG (92.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by tifaia : 09-07-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Unread 09-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #1827
Seifer-sama

@ Celine: I am not sure if there is a "hangout" place. I often find that most crowds at smaller cons are younger and don't recognize or appreciate the older FF's. I do agree with Tifaia though that your chances of being noticed are higher at bigger cons like AX or if you have a group. It sounds like you have a good FF4 group started already, which is great. I have been tossing around the idea of cosplaying Rosa... well will see though! Please post some progress pictures when you can!

@ Tifaia: I am glad you had a good time cosplaying Rydia. As for your Celes question, was this the fabric that looked really nice with your wig?? I do like the idea of the matte side for most of the cosplay and the shiny side for the accents. I think that would be cool. Is there any other fabric you think might work better??

Your Leila fabrics are so pretty too!! That's going to be a lovely cosplay.

Cosplay Update: I finally finished the new tunic for Edgar!! Now all I have to do is refit the armor a bit, style new wigs, and then he's finally done! I have been working on that tunic all week, so I really feel like the major tasks are finally out of the way now! Hooray!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...76240258_n.jpg

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #1828
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Seifer: I have 2 swatches coming in this week for alternates. (I'm going to use the yellow for Rose-Street Fighter-scarf instead XD). The gold was one of those "holy crap this is so freekin' pretty I MUST HAVE NOW" type of purchases. It was also on sale a few months ago and still not back in stock. >.>

But yes. The gold is the one that looks great against my wig. I'll compare it to the swatches and probably post another picture. I can't seem to trust myself when it comes to color these days. >_<

Leila is going to be a hot, fun mess. For a bikini/skirt, she has so much flipping fabric everywhere!

Yea for Edward! That looks fantastic. ^^ The detailing on the gold tape is just perfect.
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #1829
Kairi's-Fantasy
Artsy Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
Debuted Rydia this weekend.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3280045/

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/437189/

This was a 2 week project and I based it off of the CG render. I know some things are not accurate, but this was a fun costume. I just wanted to feel like a kid and be pretty, so I added some extra hair pieces and added more volume to the cape. But I'm really happy with how it turned out. It was really awesome to hear so many people appreciate the costume! And the <3 for FF4 continues...lol
Wow! You look great!! I love your Rydia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
Cosplay Update: I finally finished the new tunic for Edgar!! Now all I have to do is refit the armor a bit, style new wigs, and then he's finally done! I have been working on that tunic all week, so I really feel like the major tasks are finally out of the way now! Hooray!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...76240258_n.jpg
AH my goodness that looks amazing!

You're all so talented ;A;

Planned for 2014:
Ruby Rose (RWBY)
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid/World is Mine)
Kyoko Sakura (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Casual)
Ellie (The Last of Us)
Kairi's-Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #1830
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: Well if you happen to get your swatches and still haven't decided, please post them! I will happily offer my opinion. I do really like the gold you have picked out though and it's great that it looks so lovely with your wig!! As for color, I am pretty fussy about it myself, so I totally understand. I am always second guessing myself and badgering Eric to help me decide. :P Thanks for your compliments on Edgar!! I am excited to see the whole thing together!!

@ Kairi's-Fantasy: Thank you so much!!

Another cosplay update: I just ordered the wigs for Sabin and Edgar, but the wefts are back ordered... so I am not sure when I will be able to work on them. Hopefully it won't be long, I'm on a roll and I don't want to stop now! :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV