Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #1846
Celine
Remember me?

I love the two different interpretations of red mage facing off! It's a class that always looks cool but I never want to use in any of the games. I would so make the costume though.

Started on my sprite-based Terra from FF6 (http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...s400445c1.jpg). Ignore the gold Rydia boots, I haven't bothered to make red boots yet and look silly barefoot.

For December I may be making Zemus from FF4. He is blue or purple or something. The person that will be wearing the costume sweats a lot so I don't think I can put paint/makeup on him and have it last for more than a few minutes. What else might work for getting him the right color? I thought about making a mask sort of like a Mexican wrestler but dunno how stupid that would look. Should I just get a normal mask and make him keep the hood thing up all the time so I don't have to worry about the back of his head?

Tifaia your icon pictures looks really cool. Just wanted to tell you that.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #1847
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

So I'm looking at a long delay in making Rosa because I found out I'm pregnant. I'm only 8 weeks currently, so there's no way of knowing whether I will carry to term (generally if you're still preggo at 12 weeks, chances are things will end well) or how gigantic my belly will be by January (roughly 24 weeks) because this will be my second kiddo.

On the plus side, at least preggo Rosa is accurate to the character. I'm just going to modify the dress by doing an empire waist and moving the belt up under my bust.

I've chosen a very light ivory bridal satin with a floral pattern for the dress (you can see that there is texture here) I realize she wears true white, but I have so much pink tone to my skin that it makes me look sunburnt. The cape is a polyester 'silk' which I hope dyes/paints well. I've taken some more liberties (like I haven't already) and swapped her gloves for lace gloves and I swapped the beads(necklace) above her armor to pink/purple to stay with the color scheme. I'm also thinking of giving her the tiara(s) from her original appearance simply because I like them and there's a hint of at least the one on her forehead in some of the original art

@Celine I would go the zentai hood route if you're dead set against not doing bodypaint. You'd be surprised how well that stuff holds up when it's a) good quality and b) properly powdered and set.

Last edited by kaligoddess : 09-21-2012 at 07:56 PM.
kaligoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #1848
MDA
Destiny Productions

@tifa :
I have the shirt pieces cut out, and I plan to adjust what the middle looks like so that it fits more with the Dissidia design - so that it will show my stomach, but still hide my sides like I want it to. If I mess up, I have more fabric I can use - I need to use up some of my old stuff so... not much of a loss xD

@Kali :
Congratulations on your second child!
I will love to see your rendition of a pregnant Rosa
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #1849
MetalArtisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessknight View Post
I can finally join in this one lol. I'm working on Luneth's default outfit now. I just have to make his vest and little yellow pouch and I'll be done. And can I join the Red Mage Army too? I could totally get behind that! I could do a lolita red mage! I have the perfect fabric for it already. (>^_^)>
Of course you can! And I would love to see what you do with a Lolita Red Mage.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #1850
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: I am glad you were able to figure it out! You will have to post pictures of what you did end up choosing.

@ sleeplessknight: Awesome and welcome to the thread! Please post some pictures even if it's just swatches of fabric!

@ Celine: Your picture link is broken, do you have another? As for makeup, if the person is worried about sweating makeup off you can always get a sealer or a paint makeup that hold up better against water. I highly recommend Ben Nye. They have grease makeups, paint makeups, and color cake foundation. I have used the cake foundation for my puppet Zelda and it has held up even in the rain.

@ kaligoddess: That's awesome and congrats!! I don't know if I have ever seen someone cosplay that version and like you said, it will be accurate. As for taking liberties, that's the fun part about doing Amano characters. You pretty much have free roam there.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #1851
MetalArtisan

Photo of Heavy Metal Black Belt at Ramencon!

I want to punk out the gi some more, but I'm pretty happy with the sandals and bracers and otherwise cool shit.
I'm also currently working on fighter and black mage, who are both going to be just TOTALLY sweet.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #1852
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@MetalArtisan - That looks really awesome!

@Everyone - Seifer-sama was kind enough to interpret Amano's scribbles and make a nice concept art for my Emperor Gestahl cosplay. She did a really wonderful job! (Thanks) I also have the scarves for it and will probably start this once I get through Cecil.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #1853
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEVA: You are welcome. Mr. Not Scribbles Gestahl is happy to be here I see. :P I think he is just excited that someone wants to cosplay him!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 10-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #1854
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Lordy, trying to understand an Amano sketch is a monumental task in itself.
Unread 10-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #1855
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligoddess View Post
Lordy, trying to understand an Amano sketch is a monumental task in itself.
I don't believe anyone could have said it better. lol

@Seifer: The one on the bottom right of the image. But now Fabric.com has been holding up my order (who knows why, not even they could explain it) for the last pieces I need. I planned to start on it this month but it's going to have to be pushed up. I'll be posting progress photos whenever I get something...anything....

@MetalArtisan: Nice work with the gauntlets and leg braces! Very cool.

@Final: ...good luck.

That's...all I have after seeing that picture. XD

@Celine: Thanks! This is one of the few photos I have of my boot covers (I love them so much) and I cropped them off for a profile pic. >.>
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #1856
Seifer-sama

@ kaligoddess: So true... I spent quite a number of hours just starting at the scribbles trying to figure out what was what. :P

@ tifaia: Ah okay. Well that's odd that Fabric.com is holding it. I assume you have already contacted them? I had a similar issue last month that was finally resolved the day before yesterday... I wonder if they are going through some issues or something. Normally they are so on it and super fast. Anyway, I hope what you need arrives soon. I hate waiting for something to work on. :P I'm looking forward to some pictures too!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #1857
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@everyone: -waves- Hiiii~! <3 Celes is coming along.... or it was, until I realized I needed to completely rebuild the bodice. It sucks because the stupid thing was DONE, then I had to rip it apart. ^^;;; Seifer was epic, and patterned out the back detail for me so I'd know what the heck I was doing. It came out GORGEOUS. -huggles Seifer- Luvz!! Anyways, I've gotten the bodice mk 2 stitched together, but haven't attached it to the lining yet. I figure I'll do the detailing before I put it back together. ^^;;;;

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #1858
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Seifer: Well apparently I hated waiting so much that I finished my Halloween costume in a day. >.> Why can't all my sewing be so fast?!?!?!

@Terra: Boo to the bodice having to be redone, but the photos on your Facebook for the progress have been really great! It's going to be so pretty when it's all done. ^^

Celes: Still waiting on that fabric. Yea... Though I think tomorrow I'll start making the patterns. I have to be somewhat productive. XD

Leila: I need to post a picture of the head scarf. It is so ludicrous. 5 different fabrics...crazy Amano. Why do yo do this to us?
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #1859
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: That is such a bummer!!! I hope that when you get to put it back together that it goes faster for you. You are so welcome for that design too! Happy to help! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

@ Tifia: Holy crap!!! I want all of my sewing to be that fast!!! I feel like I have been moving like a slug the passed few months... Anyway, that stinks that you have to wait for her fabric... but like you said, work on the patterns now, that way you can get started when it arrives. And post some darn pictures woman! :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #1860
Aysenyo

Woah! An old school Final Fantasy thread? Amazing!

I love Final Fantasy <3

I figure one of these times I need to make a couple of job class outfits from FF6 (III) because they're awesome. Recently, I've been thinking about doing the Refia version of either Magus or Devout. Mostly because they are so cute
Aysenyo is offline   Reply With Quote