Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #2056
Zaiten

I'm so glad everyone loves my green! <3 Thanks everyone!!

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #2057
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Do you think you will have to remake the bodice? Or just alter it slightly? As for your next projects, who do you think you will work on first? I know you have a pretty big list of planned ideas.

@ Zaiten: You are welcome!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #2058
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

I swear whenever I pop to the front page there's a Rydia or a Rosa on it lately. Not that I'm complaining, I just wonder what's with the IV love suddenly.
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #2059
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer: It's just remaking the bodysuit :P I don't have any boning in the corset or anything (partly due to I don't know how to do that yet). But the bodysuit provided me with good practice for when I go to make Cammy from Street Fighter (was going to be this year... but not comfortable enough for that yet)

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #2060
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligoddess View Post
I swear whenever I pop to the front page there's a Rydia or a Rosa on it lately. Not that I'm complaining, I just wonder what's with the IV love suddenly.
No idea, but it gives me warm fuzzies, that's for sure!

@Zaiten: I love that green on you! So pretty. ^^

@MDA: I really like the colors that you chose for Rydia. There are a million different greens you could have gone with...holy crap too many greens. lol But you found a really nice combo. And grats on your award!

Everyone else: HI! I've been in a cocoon working on personal projects and a commission that I have to get out in the mail before I leave for PAX East next Thursday, which is why I haven't been popping in. Speaking of which, Celes will be going. I finished up the boots just over a week ago. The sword is...well on the back burner unless the boyfriend manages to surprise me with one. I wasn't expecting that to be ready in time, but still, I'm really happy with how she turned out. It's a mess of beads, swirlies, and gold. So. Much. Gold.

~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #2061
Zaiten

I found a curtain for $1.99 I'm going to use for a cape. I'm so happy. :3 I'm just probably going to trim it in gold ribbon or something to make it look a little more.. capey.

And oh my wow those boot look amazing!

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 03-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #2062
Seifer-sama

@ kaligoddess: I am not sure what everyone's else excuse is, but I know mine is I just started playing it. It's pretty cool though seeing so much old school FF love.

@ MDA: Good to hear! Boning is actually something that sounds scary, but once you have the basic idea, it's not so bad, just time consuming. I actually ended up doing it wrong for years before someone actually showed me the right way to do it. :P There's lots of great tutorials and references for when you are ready though. As for a SF costume, that's cool! I had no idea you were working on a Cammy!

@ Tifaia: Wow, sounds like me lately! Things are just busy all around this time of year. I really love the Celes progress so far and I am so excited to see it in person at Fanime!! Yays! I am also hoping you are able to finish everything on time without too much stress. It would be cool if you had your sword ready by Fanime, but if not it's okay too!

@ Zaiten: Awesome!! That's a great find!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #2063
Loveable-Eve
Otome Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligoddess View Post
I've been wondering that too.
The same thing has been happening to my other favorite underground titles too
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #2064
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
No idea, but it gives me warm fuzzies, that's for sure!

@Zaiten: I love that green on you! So pretty. ^^

@MDA: I really like the colors that you chose for Rydia. There are a million different greens you could have gone with...holy crap too many greens. lol But you found a really nice combo. And grats on your award!

Everyone else: HI! I've been in a cocoon working on personal projects and a commission that I have to get out in the mail before I leave for PAX East next Thursday, which is why I haven't been popping in. Speaking of which, Celes will be going. I finished up the boots just over a week ago. The sword is...well on the back burner unless the boyfriend manages to surprise me with one. I wasn't expecting that to be ready in time, but still, I'm really happy with how she turned out. It's a mess of beads, swirlies, and gold. So. Much. Gold.

Thanks~! I'm glad all my greens worked out the way I wanted them too The capes were fun for layering since there's 3-4 shades of green in them plus white and gold :P

Those boots are great! So much swirly gold goodness~ I expect to see some pics of the final product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ kaligoddess: I am not sure what everyone's else excuse is, but I know mine is I just started playing it. It's pretty cool though seeing so much old school FF love.

@ MDA: Good to hear! Boning is actually something that sounds scary, but once you have the basic idea, it's not so bad, just time consuming. I actually ended up doing it wrong for years before someone actually showed me the right way to do it. :P There's lots of great tutorials and references for when you are ready though. As for a SF costume, that's cool! I had no idea you were working on a Cammy!

@ Tifaia: Wow, sounds like me lately! Things are just busy all around this time of year. I really love the Celes progress so far and I am so excited to see it in person at Fanime!! Yays! I am also hoping you are able to finish everything on time without too much stress. It would be cool if you had your sword ready by Fanime, but if not it's okay too!

@ Zaiten: Awesome!! That's a great find!
Yeah right now Cammy is actually a small WIP, since all I have at the moment is the combat boots (lucky me to find my size and in really good condition - still some wear, but I wanted that given the type of game! - for $20 CDN) and some material for the gauntlets. It's the whole... thong thing I worry about XD But I'll make sure to have a friend or my boyfriend with me in it... I'm comfortable.... but not THAT comfortable xD She might be for my first USA con next year (aka Metrocon in Tampa Bay~)

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #2065
Zaiten

Woo, I spent all day yesterday sewing! I have some nice in progress shots of Celes (and Rinoa, not that she counts as old school) up on my tumblr. The only snags I've hit so far is being six inches shy of my beaded trim on the bottom. Trying to find a solution that doesn't involve buying another yard and a half.. but other then that, I'll head out to buy some more interfacing this week for my belt/corset thing and get some more work done by the mid-week.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #2066
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Doh! Trim shortage. I nearly had that happen for Celes, but opted to take away beads from her sword to make up for it. lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #2067
Zaiten

I'm thinking I may just hide the missing part in the back and cover it with a bit of blue organza that can hang down from my belt. >.> My other option is to see if I could make some slits in the side of the dress but I think I've already cut it short enough where I can't comfortably do that now.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #2068
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Awesome find! You are so good at that! I never find what I am looking for when I thrift shop. I have to not be looking for it or already have something that will work, then I find it, but usually by then it's too late. :P In any case, how cool that you are going to a USA con. I hope you have fun! And yeah if you are doing Cammy, it might be a good idea to have some body guards, just in case.

@ Zaiten: Looking great so far! Did you figure out a solution to your trim situation? Sometimes cosplay calls for creative fixes like that. There have been a few times where I have just had to bite the bullet and buy more, which is never fun. Good luck!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #2069
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer: Yeah I was pretty happy when I found them Too bad I couldn't have found a pair in my friend's size that he could use for Sergei and Beachhead... poor guy, sadly size 13 men's combats is hard to find TT_TT And I'll be making sure to have someone with me as Cammy. My butt will need protecting xD

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #2070
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: My bf is size 14 wide... so I know those struggles as well. Anything above a 10 is tough to find. :P And glad to hear your boody will have protection.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV