Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #2101
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
Yes do more TAY costumes! Harley would be awesome. Next week at Fanime we are doing TAY, but sadly not at the FF gathering. I just finished my Valvalis costume from FF4 which we'll be doing as a group of all 4 fiends at Akon at the end of the month. Super psyched about that!
That sounds freaking awesome.

Just talked my cosplay partner into possibly chalk dyeing her hair (she can't wear wigs) so I might be able to pull of Harley and Edward. I kinda really want to do Kain's Holy Dragoon, but I don't think I'm going to have the time to do the armor while juggling two kids.

Unread 05-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #2102
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

YEA FOR MORE TAY!

I'll be bouncing around as Rydia, Saturday at Fanime. Celes' boot problem has been fixed, but it won't dry in time before I can pack them away. Oh well. She'll be out next weekend for A-Kon.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #2103
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Wow, its been such a long time since I was on this forum. I took a bit of a hiatus from the convention due to well... life. Now that I have a nerdy boyfriend, it kind of breathed a new life into everything.

I'm gonna be cosplaying Ursula at JAFAX this year. I just have to finish making her dress and I'm set! I gotta show you pictures. I have all the hair accessories and perfected styling everything.

My boyfriend and I are reeeeeally huge Final Fantasy IV nerds and our dream is to cosplaying Cecil and Rosa someday, probably the After Years since its underdone and I tend to err on the more modest side, not that it would matter since I would have a boyfriend to protect me (we mused that maybe if we end up marrying and having children, they could cosplay characters like Ceodore and such and we could be like, the cosplay family.)

Only problem is that he is a bit self-concious of his weight (he's kinda let himself go and he's been trying to shed off some pounds, he's lost some, but still not enough for him to feel confident) so he is really unsure about how he'll look in the paladin armor and he doesn't want to be a laughing stock.
Unread 06-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #2104
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

...So call me crazy, but I'm thinking of doing Rydia from TAY now. The only problem is I need to lose 20lbs of baby weight by December to pull it off in time for my con season.
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #2105
Seifer-sama

@ Celine: I am glad I at least got to see some FB photos of your guys' cosplays! They were so freaking cute!!! Too bad I couldn't see them in person.

@ TifaIA: Hi... hee hee. I am glad we got to see you at the gathering. I swear, we are always late no matter how prepared we are.

@ Tabby Catty: Wow cool!!! I can't wait to see those! I hope that the boyfriend is able to get to a weight where he feels more comfortable. I know that is a big concern for everyone, but really, cosplay is about fun, not who America's top model is. I think so long as you are comfortable at your weight, then it shouldn't matter what other people think. That's just me though. I guess my point is, I don't think you need to worry about being a laughing stock.

@ kaligoddess: How cool!!! I wish you lots of luck!!! Are you going to start now or after the weight loss?

Now that Sabin and Edgar are all fixed and finished, I don't think I will have any updates until I start Rosa... which probably won't be until after this next year's round of cons. :P Looking forward to seeing everyone else's work though.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #2106
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

First I need to deal with Edward and Harley (which will give me time to lose the weight, since they're not form fitting and not for me, respectively).

Then I will start prepping the beadwork, gems, appliques, etc. and Rydia's hairpieces/wig. Hopefully by then I'll be right about where I need to be body wise. Because of the nature of how I gained the weight, most of it is in my belly, so I can actually work on the sleeves and stockings if I'm not quite ready to start fitting the bodice. I'm definitely going to do a hybrid of the Japanese and American versions because although I don't like the bike shorts on the US version, the Japanese version is a little TOO naked for me. Having to get a full brazilian for a costume seems like a bit much.
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #2107
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
@ Tabby Catty: Wow cool!!! I can't wait to see those! I hope that the boyfriend is able to get to a weight where he feels more comfortable. I know that is a big concern for everyone, but really, cosplay is about fun, not who America's top model is. I think so long as you are comfortable at your weight, then it shouldn't matter what other people think. That's just me though. I guess my point is, I don't think you need to worry about being a laughing stock.
Thank you! He is actually starting to lose it right now and its really starting to come off. I'm pretty proud of him. Since this is a long distance relationship, it will be hard to make his Cecil cosplay right now since I want the paladin armor to fit just right so until we move closer to each other, which won't be until after college, then it won't be for a while. Besides, I want to work on cosplays that will help me learn how to make armor (especially pauldrons) before then so the next cosplay on my list is Miko Miyazaki from Order of the Stick . I think next year we might go as the hero and Bianca from Dragon Quest V instead actually, but a few years down the road, we will be more than ready.

Anyways, Here is my Ursula cosplay.

Yes, I know I have the rose and sash on the wrong way, I didn't realize that until well after I'll fix it for the con. the print on the dress is also more based on the CGI model of her. It was actually a brocade that I found at a garage sale that made me want to cosplay Ursula.
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #2108
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby Catty View Post
Thank you! He is actually starting to lose it right now and its really starting to come off. I'm pretty proud of him. Since this is a long distance relationship, it will be hard to make his Cecil cosplay right now since I want the paladin armor to fit just right so until we move closer to each other, which won't be until after college, then it won't be for a while. Besides, I want to work on cosplays that will help me learn how to make armor (especially pauldrons) before then so the next cosplay on my list is Miko Miyazaki from Order of the Stick . I think next year we might go as the hero and Bianca from Dragon Quest V instead actually, but a few years down the road, we will be more than ready.

Anyways, Here is my Ursula cosplay.

Yes, I know I have the rose and sash on the wrong way, I didn't realize that until well after I'll fix it for the con. the print on the dress is also more based on the CGI model of her. It was actually a brocade that I found at a garage sale that made me want to cosplay Ursula.
Awesome Ursula!
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #2109
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

thanks, I'll have better pictures soon
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #2110
Celine
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabby Catty View Post
Oh your Ursula is adorable!! We need more TAY cosplayers. I'm also a huge fan of brocade, so I love it! Are you planning to wear her anywhere else later this year (like Youmacon or something?)? I hope that you are able to get Cecil/Rosa done at some point.

Anyway, Palom & Porom for Fanime! yay! This has been a dream of mine for so long!

And we had more FF6 represented than ANY OTHER FINAL FANTASY at the Akon gathering ! Seriously, 4 Celes! You can't beat that.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #2111
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Sweet! I love Porom, I was expecting bloomers more than a skirt since that's what it looks like she is wearing, but still nicely done.

As for Youmacon, right now budget is kind of tight. Last time I went was when my mother took me there for my senior trip. I'll be wearing Ursula to NMAcon though which is in Traverse City in early September.

Oh my gosh I can't wait for JAFAX next week!

Anyways, year, as soon as I can move a little closer to my boyfriend, which probably won't be for a couple years, TAY!Cecil and Rosa won't be happening for a while due to the fact that I need to do a lot of fitting, especially since I'm not very confident in making armor.

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 06-18-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #2112
Seifer-sama

@ Tabby Catty: You are welcome! I am glad that he's already started losing. Good for him! I can see how working on that costume and being so far apart would be a challenge. It's not easy to fit a costume to someone with only measurements to go by. Hopefully you will be able to get started on that very soon. Awesome Ursula!! I too love brocade! Great choice.

@ Celine: Love the photos!!! You guys did such an awesome job and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Do you think you will be back at Fanime next year?

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #2113
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ Tabby Catty: You are welcome! I am glad that he's already started losing. Good for him! I can see how working on that costume and being so far apart would be a challenge. It's not easy to fit a costume to someone with only measurements to go by. Hopefully you will be able to get started on that very soon. Awesome Ursula!! I too love brocade! Great choice.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what you guys would think about the brocade since according to
This picture (click!)

The pattern is way different since it is a green rose motif, but if you go by her CGI Model (click)

The pattern is a gold floral much like the one I'm wearing pattern (not exact since the fabric was thrifted, but it is still pretty similar) and more leafier and less thornier

But yeah, ill-fitted armor can get very uncomfortalbe in a short period of time. Still, FFIV is a game we both hold dear to our hearts. My boyfriend owns all physical copies of FFIV ever made so far and I helped complete his collection by giving him my SNES copy which he does not own. It's kind of "our game"
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #2114
Celine
Remember me?

Seifer-sama: Yea, I think so. It was my first Fanime and I had fun even though everybody else was whining. I'll be back in CA next month for AX too! Dunno what I am bringing yet. Might be Palom again, but maybe Laguna or Edgar. Decisions....

Tabby-catty: Um, I'm actually Palom, not Porom. xD He was my favorite in the original FF4 because he's just so obnoxious, and then they made him so overpowered in TAY. FF4 will always be my favorite in the series. Nice to know someone else has like every release ever and it's not just me!

Speaking of FF4, totally forgot about this one. I got my friends to do the 4 fiends with me! We were hella colorful and it was so epic.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #2115
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Celine: Oh, haha, my bad, I couldn't tell who was you! You guys looked so much like Porom and Palom! I decided to cosplay Ursula mainly because of the dress and it would mean that I wouldn't have to have to wear a wig because I can't afford a one right now so I decided to cheat a little and use my own hair. Plus, Ursula is a badass, heck, both princesses Ursula and Luca are badasses.

Also, nice Four Fiends group

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 06-18-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote