Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #2146
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

That's why I'm thankful we don't have a lot of popular tastes in video games so we can get away with being under the radar he might like that better so if we cosplay together, we'll cosplay lots of Dragon Quest and such like the Hero and Bianca from DQV and maybe DQI's hero and Gwaelin. More reason to cosplay lesser known characters with him. I think if we stick to less popular cosplays, he may be more interested because he really wants to do stuff together with me and thinks cosplaying sounds fun, but doesn't like too much attention put on him especially when he hears horror stories of crazy weebs, but those tend to be when someone cosplays someone more popular I noticed. I suppose its probably not a good idea for him to cosplay outside of Halloween, conventions and other events where everyone is.

Last edited by Tabby Catty : 08-08-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Tabby Catty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #2147
uzuki54

Just bought materials needed for my Red Mage shirt. After agonizing over what fabric and what shade of red for weeks Thank god for Fabric.com cause there's no fabric store where I live, the closest one is three hours away and I have health issues that make travelling sometimes very unpleasant.

Nervous as heck cause I haven't really done any sewing before but hey. There's a first for everything.

Unknown

Cosplays

Female Red Mage (FF1)
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #2148
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

First of all, don't panic and two, you can always improve your cosplay later. I look forward to seeing it.
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #2149
MissLunatic
Someone

@uzuki54:
I aggree with Tabby. There is no need to be nervous, look at it as a challenge. While working at a cosplay there is often the opportunity to try something new and not that rarely we find out that it isn't at all as difficult or impossible as we thought beforehand (although there is sometimes the total inverse case as well^^). This way we find out talents which we never thought we'd possess.

@Tabby_Catty & Seifer-sama:
Unfortunately I happened only to play VI and IX, so I only know the more fantasy-themed parts. Maybe I get the chance to compare one day though. Would be great.

@Seifer-sama:
I'm guilty as well regarding this^^. But I try to vary my cosplays. Sometimes I cosplay older stuff, sometimes from rather new series. It also depends on opportunities since I don't like to cosplay on my own if I've got the chance.

@all who are interested:
Besides finally there are quite some pictures online although we are still lacking a group picture with all characters in it -.-. It was so hot that our Edgar chose to take off the cosplay rather soon due to the armour parts.
It's not the best group pic, but at least only Edgar is missing in it.
We are thinking about cosplaying it together again besides or at least some are, cause it was so much fun and we didn't do everything we'd thought about beforehand.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Nymeria Sand (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #2150
Seifer-sama

@ Tabby Catty: I can understand wanting to be under the radar. There are some pretty scary stories out there. It seems the more popular your character, the more you will be judged. It's not necessarily fair, but it seems to be the case. I have cosplayed outside of cons before, just doing general photoshoots, and I have never had a problem. I actually have had a few funny stories from it.

@ uzuki54: Like Tabby said, you can always redo anything you don't like later. Honestly with anything, sometimes it's best to just jump in and learn as you go. I am sure you will really enjoy being a Red Mage. I can't wait to see everything finished. And I absolutely love Fabric.com!

@ MissLunatic: Ha ha it'a okay. I don't think there is anything wrong with picking popular characters. I just personally really appreciate the under cosplayed. Like I said, i really should pick characters like that more often. :P I love the photo by the way! That's a great group you have there. Too bad Edgar couldn't stick around, but I totally understand. The Edgar in my group suffers from the same problem.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #2151
uzuki54

Thanks for all the support!

And that group is amazing, MissLunatic. The costumes look incredible. (That Daryl makes my attempt look very plain, but that's okay. It counted as a learning experience even if I didn't make the costume by hand)

Unknown

Cosplays

Female Red Mage (FF1)
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #2152
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

Quote:
@ Tabby Catty: I can understand wanting to be under the radar. There are some pretty scary stories out there. It seems the more popular your character, the more you will be judged. It's not necessarily fair, but it seems to be the case. I have cosplayed outside of cons before, just doing general photoshoots, and I have never had a problem. I actually have had a few funny stories from it.
Indeed, we agreed that if we just stick to the more underrated stuff and stick together and look out for each other, we'll be fine.
Unread 08-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #2153
Seifer-sama

Well it's official... I am starting Minwu today. Thanks Tifaia... look what you did! :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #2154
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

*WAVES FRANTICALLY* Hi peoples!!!

Just got back from AFest with Leila and holy crap, so many pictures taken! Probably because I was showing my stomach and a lot of leg, but still, it was fun to wear and extra comfy (yea for flats). http://tifaia.tumblr.com/post/604920...-is-that-i-can

Hope everyone is doing well. @uzuki54: Like everyone else has said, don't panic. Take it one step at a time and you'll make it. ^^ @seifer-sama: YOU'RE WELCOME!
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #2155
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: Awesome photos!!! I <3ed them! Actually I am having a lot of fun working on Minwu, so thanks! I also think there might be a possibility of having a Firion with this on the fly FF2 group. Well that is if you are bringing Leila to Fanime.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #2156
Seifer-sama

Aww double post. Sorry everyone... but I just wanted to share my little bit of Minwu progress: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

I still have some more things to add to the belt before I am satisfied, but I am pretty happy with how it's coming along. Sorry for the really weird image quality. I am not sure why but when I uploaded it, it looked like this. O_O

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #2157
Zaiten

I haven't stopped by in forever, but I managed to get Terra about 75% done and good enough to take to Afest, so I thought I'd stop back by again and see what I had missed!

@tifaia: It was great getting to finally meet you! I was the Yuna walking around with Dark Knight Cecil on Sunday. I haven't played 2, but still, your cosplay was beautiful!

As for Terra, I didn't get any official photos with her since it was still in it's rough stages.. here's a good one that I have shared on Facebook though, by Thorn Queen: https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...95471521_n.jpg

My next old school project is going to be Rosa, I don't have much in the way of materials to get started, but doing what I can to have it done by A-kon! Anyone had any advice for the knee.. armor.. things?

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #2158
Seifer-sama

@ Zaiten: Awesome Terra so far!!! What else do you plan to add to it?

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #2159
MissLunatic
Someone

Hi again.
I'm very sorry for not replying for a while. -.-

@Seifer:
I think the same about choosing characters.^^
And many thanks. Made me very happy when I read this for the first time. It was a very great group which worked surprisingly well together till the end and since we were all so happy about it, we decided to cosplay it together again next spring. We just lost two ppl (Terra and Edgar) but won two more who were really happy about the group (Gau and Shadow). And maybe we already found someone who'd like to cosplay Terra instead. We are still searching.^^ Oh and after Shadow's suggestion I'm thinking about making a Mog plushie although I have no experience regarding this at all ^^.

And I understand it as well. Sometimes it's just too warm for armour...

@uzuki:
Many thanks . We just tried our best and in fact there were some beginners among us as well which I didn't know beforehand. But they did a very amazing job.
And about Daryl: I'm sure she'd be happy to hear this. She was afraid before that it would be too flashy. I looked at your cosplay and I don't think it looks that unfitting. I don't think it needs as much decoration. You can do that, but you needn't.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Nymeria Sand (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #2160
Zaiten

@Seifer: I want to add a bit more painting to the dress, smaller pieces to fill in the gaps. I'd also like to make the boots a bit better, smooth out the wig as best I can, and I'm thinking about some more beads. Plus thin down the sashes a little, they were a bit much. :3

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote