Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-04-2004, 12:31 AM   #31
Ambrosia
Battle Hardened

Goggle, I saw that thread, and I'm excited to see what you and your friends will look like as a FFI group. Plus, even if everyone's plans don't work out in the end, at least you'll still have a great costume to showcase.

Unread 04-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #32
Goggle
is not a search engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosia
Goggle, I saw that thread, and I'm excited to see what you and your friends will look like as a FFI group. Plus, even if everyone's plans don't work out in the end, at least you'll still have a great costume to showcase.
Thank you! It makes me feel special when people see what I write! We planned to have a big group - like 10 people, but some people are going to back out, since we wrote up a list before we asked people if they wanted to participate! My costume's coming along really nicely and hopefully I'll be able to help my friends with theirs.

Otakon 2014
Mayaya (Kuragehime) Yuri (King of Fighters)
Goggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 08:28 PM   #33
ChibiRydia
Mood Subject to Change

Oh, the frustration.

For Anime Central, I am going as Amano-style Rydia. Most of it has been HAND SEWN, because of all the detailing, rhinestones, and beads. Down to every single Amano detail.

My husband is going to be cosplaying as Edge, and believe me, it is 100% perfect. He looks and plays the part quite well.

My brother, is going as the fiend of fire, Rubicant himself. I am still working on this costume and am very frustrated. Believe it or not, it's almost harder than the other 2. All those darn blue/white/red splotches on the cape have to be appliqued on, and I have to make yet (another) layer of red velvety stretchy material for another layer of fire (for effect).

But the end result will be the perfect trio. At least, I think. And all in authentic Amano style. I am so looking forward to this!
ChibiRydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 04:42 PM   #34
Xanthe Kelsylva
Psycho Psychic

I'm thinking of making Celes (Amano style) for my first cosplay ever.
Xanthe Kelsylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #35
Ambrosia
Battle Hardened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe Kelsylva
I'm thinking of making Celes (Amano style) for my first cosplay ever.
That's awesome, I'll be Amano Celes for Otakon this year. Which convention are you planning on attending?

And ChibiRydia, from your description I'm itching to see your costume... and your group's as well. A Rubicant costume... O.O ::dies:: I must see pictures!
Unread 04-08-2004, 04:40 PM   #36
Xanthe Kelsylva
Psycho Psychic

Quote:
That's awesome, I'll be Amano Celes for Otakon this year. Which convention are you planning on attending?

And ChibiRydia, from your description I'm itching to see your costume... and your group's as well. A Rubicant costume... O.O ::dies:: I must see pictures!
I'm thinking of going to an anime convention at University of Buffalo because my brother goes there and he's part of the group that's running the convention. I actually started the Celes costume for Halloween and didn't finish it. So it's a toss-up between Amano-style Maria and Amano-style Celes if I go.
Unread 04-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #37
ShuinLookalike
Calibrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scortia
Sweeeeet! I wish you went to A-kon because I think I've convinced my friend to do Rosa now and I'll eagerly make Rydia... *____* Granted I have a couple of male cosplay friends who like making armor so I may twist their arms to join the fun ^_^
Lol sorry can't go to A kon not with the money at the moment plus i just got done with mtac in tennessee so most of my money went into that other then that I might of been able to join ya
ShuinLookalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2004, 05:18 AM   #38
Dawezy
Dark Knight

I'd pay good money to go see a perfect FF4 Elements (all 4 of them) Cosplay in one show, i tell you that much my friend!
Dawezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2004, 10:04 AM   #39
Eriol
Chiaroscuro

Quote:
This might sound a bit strange, but I always wanted to get a big group of friends together and do stylized, female versions of the FFI job classes. You know, like Black Belt, Red Mage, Thief... etc. I can't really *describe* what I have in mind, but you get the general idea. ^^;
Just take the Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance's character designs for ideas on female versions of the job classes.

2012 Convention Schedule
Steampunk Worlds Fair | Otakon
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2004, 11:55 AM   #40
evilchii
amirite?

I've been thinking about making Maria from Final Fantasy 2 but the design of her purple outfit would mean i'd have to pull a Lil Kim and that's just scary so i might take some liberties with it.
evilchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2004, 01:15 PM   #41
Xanthe Kelsylva
Psycho Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchii
I've been thinking about making Maria from Final Fantasy 2 but the design of her purple outfit would mean i'd have to pull a Lil Kim and that's just scary so i might take some liberties with it.
Awesome! I'm thinking of making a Maria costume too! We should exchange pictures or something when we're done. I haven't decided yet which outfit to make though. I'll probably go NES sprite style since I have a short red Medieval dress, but I also have tons of purple stuff to do the Amano style. We'll have to exchange ideas on this costume.
Unread 04-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #42
evilchii
amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe Kelsylva
Awesome! I'm thinking of making a Maria costume too! We should exchange pictures or something when we're done. I haven't decided yet which outfit to make though. I'll probably go NES sprite style since I have a short red Medieval dress, but I also have tons of purple stuff to do the Amano style. We'll have to exchange ideas on this costume.
that would be great ^_^ i do like the cute red sprite version, good luck with which ever one you choose!
evilchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2004, 04:13 PM   #43
Coatri
that kid

for CNAnime 2004 I'm hoping to go as Terra from FFVI lol green hair! whee!!
Coatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2004, 09:58 PM   #44
fairel
Mistrusts certain flowers

I think it's great that people are finally getting interested in old school characters.

I am very happily finishing up my Amano Rosa costume for Animazement and it is turning out good. Also my best friend is almost finished with her Amano Cecil costume ... My brother claims he can get his Kain costume done by then.. but the con is only three weeks away and I am not sure we have enough polythyrene.
fairel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2004, 11:27 PM   #45
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

Wow, Rydia sure has become a popular cosplay! I'm happy to say that I'm finishing my Child version of Rydia for PMX, which is like two weeks away x__x; I've put over 145+ hours into it, I hope its worth it! I also hope it is as well received as my Mature Rydia! Weee~ the fun ^__^
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote