Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #541
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

lol ^_^;;; wellll....i dunno if you can remember these toys, but they were basically heart-shaped cheap plastic containers of glitter, and they had a cute fairy inside. I don't remember what they called them, but the container had a ribbon connected with it so you can wear it on your neck (but what 7 year old girl would seriously do that O_o;; ?)

long story short, the ribbon was from a toy i had ;;;;....

Anyways, i was going for a leather band look, but i had no leather bands....and the ribbon was a good yellowy gold color, so i decided to use it. If you see my version 1.0 Terra pics in my gallery, it does wrap around my head and attaches to my hair ties, but anyhow, i've noticed many other Amano cosplayers have made the Slave Crown with all sorts of beads and rhinestones. So i used what little i had and decided to mix the both .

and good luck with the costumes, Laia ^_^
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #542
RPGoddess
Wanting to cosplay Eva

Yes, I've noticed that others go with the jewelled idea... but I'm not sure where they ever got the idea. Not that it's bad, I think it's brilliant and beautiful.

There is one picture I found Here, but it's not detailed enough to see the slave crown. And it's the only Amano drawing I can find where she's wearing it. I'd like to think it's jewelled, but something inside is telling me I just want to think that.

"For Those With Wings, Fly To Your Dreams."~ Megami Kouhosei (Candidate for Goddess)

Kenya Tiger
I'm angry right now. *poom poom*
RPGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2005, 08:58 PM   #543
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

actually i think it is beaded also, RPGoddess, you can tell there are some jewels here and there. they kinda remind me of my Slave Crown ^_^;;;; hehehehe how ironic! I never saw that painting before either. Well maybe i have...but i dont remember right now ;;;...
Unread 08-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #544
halikanchan

wow, we should make this thread a sticky!

yesterday i came across this wonderful fanart of terra and i am so captivated by it that i want to make the costume. the problem is, i want to e-mail the artist but i have NO idea of the person's e-mail address is.

http://c-tiara.littlestar.jp/tina-love/top.htm
i am referring to the picture with the title "opera" located under it. it's the first picture to the left.

thanks so much

oh, and snowkirby, i absolutely love your avatar! is support vincent x terra a webring of some sort?

Last edited by halikanchan : 08-20-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Unread 08-20-2005, 10:05 PM   #545
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

yes i think this should be stickyfied, i mean it's old-school FF cosplay!! i checked out that fanart you linked, it's such a wonderful version of Terra! i love Terra lol. I think it seems to be like her Esper form though, her hair's rainbowy, and i love the outfit! if you can ever try to make it, i really want to see it ^_^, i'm sure it'll come out fantastic!

btw i dont know of a Vincent x Terra webring...nor do i have one myself..but i'm all for a Vincent x Terra pairing if Square ever wants to put all of their Final Fantasy characters together in one game (or even anime or manga), kinda like how DC has the Justice League, or whenever Marvel crosses over their characters in the many Spiderman 80's cartoons (like Spiderman and his Amazing Friends, i still love that show!!)
Unread 08-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #546
halikanchan

how do we request this to be a sticky? i just love old school final fantasy, especially final fantasy vi.

snowkirby, i actually have like four terra costumes i plan on constructing... that wonderful fanart i found would make it five. it's because i love her so much! she has been my favorite video game character for about eight years! i would say that vincent x terra is an interesting pair and i wouldn't mind seeing fanarts to that someday. i actually see terra get paired with a LOT of different characters. terra x locke, terra x sabin, terra x edgar, terra x leo, terra x setzer... there's probably a lot more out there. although a great number, i hope to find a cosplay partner for each one of those somehow. i find the various matchings rather darling in its own sense.

do you think i should go to the japanese section for help in translating the website i found that picture in? maybe they can help somehow.
Unread 08-21-2005, 11:54 PM   #547
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

ah that's true, there are alot of versions of Terra that Amano painted. some have her with a cape, some are more like the ones used later on as the basis for the FMV design, some are more like the sprite, and obviously there's the terrifyingly beautiful Esper form he did. man if you ever get around to make all of them, i would bow to you like a madwoman, lol!

and as of in-game pairings, i always thought Locke should have stuck with Terra than Celes...however someone pointed out about Terra and Sabin, and i really like that idea. but i think she should go with Vincent XDDD, i mean he's not gonna go anywhere being lovesick about Lucrecia, plus they both have that weird Morph-ish abilities. (Vincent has his monster forms, and have you noticed Chaos looks like Maduin??, and Terra has her Esper form) I can go on with that forever, so i'll be quiet now
Unread 08-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #548
halikanchan

terra x locke always and forever! i mean, he saved her first and well... i'll shut up, before i start giving out my speech because i have a lot to say... haha... therefore for me a locke cosplay partner is a must

call me crazy, but i like terra so much that i actually can see myself making every single one of her costumes... though the esper form is going to take me some thinking because i have no idea how i would make it! any suggestions?
Unread 08-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #549
Ironekilz

Wow, is that picture really Terra? That's amazing! I'd give you mad props if you ended up going ahead with that, halikanchan!
Unread 08-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #550
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

yea thats my reason why locke should be with terra ^_^!! hmmm for the esper form, i've seen some cosplayers that mixed a little of the regular-terra amano versions, but with the pink skin and wild pinkish hair. the more i think about it, im not sure how to do the esper version if i ever wanted to ^_^;;;! i guess the best thing is to do your own thing and ask around for advice from the other esper Terra cosplayers. good luck!
Unread 08-23-2005, 04:52 PM   #551
halikanchan

yes, Ironekilz, that is really terra! snowkirby, have you seen anyone cosplay as esper terra? i've only seen her done in human form. if you have any links, do you mind sharing?
Unread 08-23-2005, 06:43 PM   #552
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

well i havent seen one in person, but there are a couple here at cosplay.com and cosplaylab, they popped up in my search results from those 2 and they did a great job! hehehe i drew a sketch of my version of Esper Terra just now ^_^;;;; i was inspired XD but it's not colored in.

right..the Esper Terra cosplayers.....well i particularly like cPhoenix's (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=378757) and Nowlyn's (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=445811). of course there are plenty other Esper Terra cosplayers from both sites, so just search em up and take note ^_^
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:00 PM   #553
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMaxwell
I picked up a journal book today on sale for my Cid outfit. Any thoughts onto painting the front design off the Amano pic of Cid?
Any suggestions? I have some sites bookmarked with sprite pics of some the Espers, gotta find the paintings later. Going to likely print them out and add them into the book like a journal along with other Cid-esque notes.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #554
Angel Tifa
Survivor of Horror 4-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by halikanchan
terra x locke always and forever! i mean, he saved her first and well... i'll shut up, before i start giving out my speech because i have a lot to say... haha... therefore for me a locke cosplay partner is a must

Yeah at first when I was playing FFVI, I thought he and Terra would end up together because he saved her first, lol. Yeah that would be fairly easy enough for me knowing my boyfriend's hair is blonde(even though it's darker than Locke's), plus when his hair grow's out, the texture is all fluffy and poof's to the side like locke's, lol. He'd be perfect for Locke. I also had the idea of Esper Terra and thought I'd be the first to do it XD, oh well, but I still want to cosplay Esper Terra as well someday because I thought it would be awsome. Esper Terra will probably be two years later since I'm already up to my neck with next years costumes.

2008 Cosplay list:
Ada Wong/Resident Evil 2 Completed
Heather Mason/Silent Hill 3 Completed

I claim -Tifa Lockhart/Final Fantasy VII- at the claiming thread
Angel Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2005, 05:38 AM   #555
Ironekilz

I saw an Esper Terra at Otakon, just check in my Otakon 2005 gallery.

KaineMaxwell: What type of journal is it and what color is it? Is it white? If it's white fabric, I'd go with fabric paint, maybe some of that puff paint, and paint on some black stripes and squiggles.