Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #556
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Regular writing journal I got for $5.99 at Brentanos. Red, kinda rough textured cover. Likely going to paint the cover with the fabric paint I still have from Cid (and I still have alot) once I figure out the design for it...if I can from the Amano painting.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #557
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

yea i agree with Ironekilz. actually i replied a while back on your question, i'll just copy and paste in case there's any tidbits that can help you :

"hmm what kind of cover is the journal?? i hope it's a hardcover, it'll be easier to paint. i would suggest covering the rest of the book except for the cover in newspaper so the paint doesnt get on the pages. maybe acrylics would be good?? if it has a fabric feel try for fabric paint, and in case you screw up you might want to get a washable type to be on the safe side.

if it's softcover, you can always use a sort of cardboard or oaktag and tape it onto the cover so that it's thicker, and do the same as if it was hardcover. this is a suggestion tho ^_^ so good lucks on it "
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2005, 06:59 AM   #558
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Here's my reply before your post you might have missed:

Regular writing journal I got for $5.99 at Brentanos. Red, kinda rough textured cover. Likely going to paint the cover with the fabric paint I still have from Cid (and I still have alot) once I figure out the design for it...if I can from the Amano painting.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2005, 02:53 PM   #559
halikanchan

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah at first when I was playing FFVI, I thought he and Terra would end up together because he saved her first, lol. Yeah that would be fairly easy enough for me knowing my boyfriend's hair is blonde(even though it's darker than Locke's), plus when his hair grow's out, the texture is all fluffy and poof's to the side like locke's, lol. He'd be perfect for Locke. I also had the idea of Esper Terra and thought I'd be the first to do it XD, oh well, but I still want to cosplay Esper Terra as well someday because I thought it would be awsome. Esper Terra will probably be two years later since I'm already up to my neck with next years costumes
wow, you're SO lucky to have a boyfriend who is willing to cosplay with you! for me, that is like a dream come true. it's hard enough for me to even find someone to cosplay with. yeah, i never heard of any esper terras either... i haven't even seen the amano drawings of esper terra. i guess i should search for some. i'm amazed by the esper terra costumes i saw through those links. thanks, snowkirby!
Unread 08-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #560
Kaiyn
Veteran FF fan

can anyone help me find some patterns on how to make a Black Mage and White Mage cloak? also i need pics of Sabin and Locke from FF6 so i can try to cosplay as them
Kaiyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #561
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

tum de dum im not sure on the patterns, i myself havent really made cloaks before ^_^;;; but i do have a good site with some pics of Sabin and Locke. im putting both the sprite and the Amano, b/c im not sure which you mean exactly :

Sprites (deformed FMV)

http://nintendoforever.free.fr/SNes/...tasy_locke.jpg < - Locke
http://nintendoforever.free.fr/SNes/...tasy_sabin.jpg < - Sabin
Amano

http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/6-sabin-a.jpg < - Sabin
http://home.att.net/~Cappraisal/3ffam6.jpg < - includes most of FF6 cast, including Sabin and Locke
http://ff6.guide.free.fr/PERSOS/Locke/locke_knife.jpg < - Locke
Unread 08-25-2005, 04:52 PM   #562
RPGoddess
Wanting to cosplay Eva

I know a great place that has not only a lot of official images of characters from every FF, but also a lot of information (maps, walkthroughs, music, magic, jobs, weapons, etc.).
Locke
Sabin
Black Mage
White Mage
Those last two aren't patterns, like you wanted, but... you're lucky if you can find a premade one.

On another note... DRAGOON!!! *orgasms* I'm sorry I've loved Dragoons since FFIV (Kain~ 8D~~~~ )

Oh... right... this is the site: FF Compendium

Now excuse me while I look up every job class to see adorable pictures of Tarus <3

"For Those With Wings, Fly To Your Dreams."~ Megami Kouhosei (Candidate for Goddess)

Kenya Tiger
I'm angry right now. *poom poom*
RPGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #563
Kaiyn
Veteran FF fan

i might dress up as a Dragoon (if i can get the armor for it made -_-; ), but the WHM and BLM costumes seem so easy to do thougyh
Unread 08-25-2005, 05:55 PM   #564
RPGoddess
Wanting to cosplay Eva

Don't. You. Dare. I must cosplay a dragoon FIRST! Hehe, j/k. Go ahead, I can't wait to drool over the finished project ^^

"For Those With Wings, Fly To Your Dreams."~ Megami Kouhosei (Candidate for Goddess)

Kenya Tiger
Unread 08-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #565
Kaiyn
Veteran FF fan

lol, alright, but trying to get the armor done for it seems really hard though
Unread 08-25-2005, 09:45 PM   #566
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

I love Dragoons as well, next to Black Mages and Summoners. Oh I'm all for the magic-users, lmao! One of my costumes for next year's conventions is Freya from FFIX, who technically is a Dragoon/Lancer (a Dragon Knight, I think they called them in the game...), but that's not really old-school FF cosplay per-se, but I do pop up little updates for that now and then, though not much is going on...
Unread 08-26-2005, 07:31 AM   #567
Ironekilz

Cool! There can never be too many dragoons! Keep us posted with updates!
Unread 08-26-2005, 12:22 PM   #568
kenseikishi
lithe panther wildness

I've been planning a FFT Lancer forever! But like most everyone else, I want to garner some smithing experience.

As for Black Mages, I'm almost done with a FFT wizard... not sure if that was the type of BM you were looking for, but just use any cloak pattern with a caplet/mantel and collar and alter as needed. It really isn't too difficult a costume; just time consuming. Especially if you do it by hand T_T
kenseikishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2005, 11:50 PM   #569
RPGoddess
Wanting to cosplay Eva

I've been meaning to try Amethyst's way of making armor. It would be easy for a FFXI style dragoon, because there are few parts that need to be made. But for Kain... I'm just afraid that it would dent or damage (he has an entire breastplate). If I can go shopping *hasn't gone shopping in a few months and is going insane* I would buy some craft foam and just do it! But... you see my predicament.

EDIT -- I found some robes from Simplicity (it's the only pattern-making company I know the name of) that you could use:
http://simplicity.com/index.cfm?page...59&StartRow=11
5794 = cloaks with hoods
5840 = more cloaks and hoods
9887 = even more, but the one has a point hat for a BLM

You should be able to find these at Fabricland or whatever. If not, you can get them off the site here. I think they'd work perfectly for a WHM and BLM *enjoys using FFXI acronyms*

Kenya Tiger

Last edited by RPGoddess : 08-27-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Unread 08-28-2005, 10:37 PM   #570
halikanchan

i have no background of how to make armory and weaponry whatsoever... any ideas on how to start? like, what do people use and what are they MADE out of?