Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-17-2004, 09:52 PM   #61
Alaria
Arrowed!!

<3s FF 1-6 and <3s the Rydia cosplayers
Thus far I've done Celes in her opera gown from FFXI and Maria from FFII, but both according to the CGs when the games were rereleased. I do very much want to do Maria in her Amano outfit at some point, and I want to do Ferris from FFX! Lord knows when that'll be done tho O_o

Unread 05-18-2004, 07:18 AM   #62
ChibiRydia
Mood Subject to Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosia
*o*
Hush you! I can't believe you'd say a thing like that about something so lovely. I remember when you talking about your Rydia for a while... and believe me, it's *very* impressive. You should be proud of it! And of course, the rest of your group looks great as well.
Thanks so much. I'm glad to have it finally done. Especially since a good portion of it was sewn by hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairel
Girl, your costume is great! I went through the ACEN fansview pics the moment they went online looking specifically for your costumes and I was impressed with what I saw. I especially loved yours, and was glad to see someone cosplay as rubicant.
Thanks! My brother was Rubicant, and had so much fun being evil throughout the day. He got the poses down pretty good too.
It was nice entering into the costume contest, although I am clearly not skilled enough to enter in those yet. I think I'll wait a while before I enter into another one. The judges know best!
ChibiRydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2004, 12:29 PM   #63
fairel
Mistrusts certain flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiRydia
Thanks! My brother was Rubicant, and had so much fun being evil throughout the day. He got the poses down pretty good too.
It was nice entering into the costume contest, although I am clearly not skilled enough to enter in those yet. I think I'll wait a while before I enter into another one. The judges know best!
When looking through the other costumes in the costume contest I think your costumes were definetly up there with the really good ones, but actually winning in a costume contest can depend on a good skit too (if that is in part of the judging) and whether or not the judges recognise and like your costumes. But don't let the winning part keep you from entering into other contests because that takes out most of the fun of it. I love getting up on stage and I can't worry about whether or not my costume will win and many times a judge will pick out a costume that stood out from the others and yours definetly stood out.
fairel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 02:27 PM   #64
evilchii
amirite?

after playing ff2j over the past couple weeks, i've really gotten to like Maria but for some reason, Layla, one of the minor characters in the game, has really caught my eye. she can definitely be added to the list of awesome sexy pirate girls.

i hope to start work on Layla and have it finished for ax next year *crosses fingers*.
evilchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #65
Xanthe Kelsylva
Psycho Psychic

OMG, that's awesome! I want to do Maria some time, we should get a Firion and Guy and hang out together lol
Xanthe Kelsylva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #66
evilchii
amirite?

Xanthe Kelsylva: that would be great to get a small ff2 group going ^_^ i think i would die if someone was to make a Hilda costume (Amano style), her "head gear" (crown?) whatever it's called is crazy awesome.

Last edited by evilchii : 05-19-2004 at 10:46 PM.
Unread 05-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #67
Xanthe Kelsylva
Psycho Psychic

Yeah, that would be crazy awesome... we should try to get an FF2 group together some time. I don't think I can do it any time soon, but if we plan far enough in advance we could do it. Are you planning to go to Anime North '05?
Unread 05-19-2004, 11:10 PM   #68
evilchii
amirite?

definitely! i know what you mean, i would have to plan far in advance, espeically with my lack of money for traveling at this moment.

as for Anime North 05, i have no idea! as to what cons i can make it to depend on time and money and right now that's all up in the air but i'll be happy to keep ya updated if you would like ^_^
Unread 05-20-2004, 02:45 AM   #69
Xanthe Kelsylva
Psycho Psychic

Just wondering, since that's the only con I have definite plans to go to right now. It's so rare that I find anyone else who's into FF2j like I am, so we should really keep in touch about this. I'd love to actually get an FF2j group together with you ^_^ Maybe we can even come up with an FF2j skit to do, I've never heard of anyone doing that before and I think it would be awesome. Hmm... I wonder if it's possible to condense the entire storyline into a 5 minute skit... lol
Unread 05-20-2004, 09:50 AM   #70
evilchii
amirite?

i'll give ya a pm so we don't get in trouble for being off topic! ^_^;;
Unread 05-23-2004, 12:36 AM   #71
*Jibrielle*
彡☆WEEEE☆彡

I have seen a few relm costumes...but I would love to see a fighter one, or cosplay him

http://www.mortisland.com/FFFight.htm
Unread 05-23-2004, 08:54 PM   #72
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

Okies, I haven't formally begun work on any FF I-VI costumes yet, but the ideas are starting to bounce around inside my little skull. I definitely want to make Rydia and Rosa's costumes at some point over the fall/winter because that's my favorite FF game. It'd be fun to get together an FFI group, though, too. ^_^ And did I just read that right that ChibiRydia's costume didn't win any awards? ::blinks:: That costume is absolutely gorgeous! But yes, judging isn't very objective. Hehe, as a newbie, I entered my first costume - SeeD Quistis - into the hall cosplay contest at Otakon last year. That was like double stupidity on my part - I didn't know what I was getting myself into, plus a SeeD uniform isn't exactly that hard to make! lol Anywho, just thought I'd pop my head in and say hi since in a few months, I might be looking for some help/suggestions. That's all.
Unread 05-25-2004, 08:17 PM   #73
Goggle
is not a search engine.

In case anyone is wondering, I am coming along well with my red mage costume and I may have actually found a good hat!!!!!!
Just this weekend I remember in 3rd grade I had a homemade Carmen Sandiego costume for halloween and I can use the hat from it (I'll have to re-dye it)! Joy! Now all I have to do is dig through boxes of clothes and costumes to find it...

Otakon 2014
Mayaya (Kuragehime) Yuri (King of Fighters)
Goggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2004, 08:41 PM   #74
ChibiRydia
Mood Subject to Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demri
And did I just read that right that ChibiRydia's costume didn't win any awards? ::blinks:: That costume is absolutely gorgeous! But yes, judging isn't very objective.
Nope, didn't win. But thanks for the compliments though! It's starting to mean more to me than an award.

I recently put more pictures in my gallery of my Rydia, my husband's Edge, and my bro's Rubicant. Feel free to take a look and also let me know what you like/dislike, etc.

And if anyone needs advice on Amano style, etc. please let me know. I worked on those costumes for over a year and a half, and put in over 300 hours into each at least. So I like to think I know a little about Final Fantasy Cosplay, even though I didn't get an award.
ChibiRydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2004, 09:38 PM   #75
Demri
Bunny Hugger! ^_^

I just looked through your gallery again, ChibiRydia, and your seamstressing abilities continue to amaze me. In my opinion, you're too good for a mundane convention award. But yeah, you have awesome talent and you and your husband really do make the perfect Rydia and Edge and your brother makes a great Rubicant, too. ^_^ Don't be discouraged about the award thing. We all know you should've won!