Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #976
isaack389
im not clever.

Great minds think alike. god that is such a cliche saying.

i still have not apprehended boots. but im sure ill be able to get some.

and uh, how exactly would i go about making the kerchief?

Cosplay of Previous Years:
Kankuro from Naruto
Kisuke Urahara from Bleach
isaack389 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #977
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Lol. You can always find good cheap boots at Payless or Target; I always run through their clearance section for my cosplay/shoes lol. It makes me feel better when I have to alter them, like my bootcovers for Terra , or all my jewels and stones for Amano Aeris XD.

With the kerchief, you can measure out a piece of white fabric; it should be slightly wider for the pleats, I'd give it over an inch or two extra b/c the pleats are small. Then you can mark down where the pleats will go with pins, and then pin them together so they look like they're pleated but it's not permanent (in case you want to alter them before making it final). Then you can either sew them in, or if you don't like sewing, hot-glue them but be careful (and take out any strands after once it cools)!

After that, you can attach this to the collar when you make the cloak sewn in or glued is up to you, but when gluing try to be neat and don't get burned ;;!
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #978
isaack389
im not clever.

thanks for the help. im gonna go talk to my mom and maybe we can get materials tomorrow.
ill let you know when i have that stuff down and maybe you could help me figure out the cloak jacket.

Cosplay of Previous Years:
Kankuro from Naruto
Kisuke Urahara from Bleach
isaack389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #979
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Cool! I'm glad the advice came in handy
Unread 04-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #980
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Oo, I love old school cosplay! I really like the new FF4 DS designs, and I finally finished my Lenna/Reina costume from FF5!
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/109893/

2014 EVENTS: Katsucon, Anime Boston, PortCon Maine, Dragon*Con
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #981
lunaishtar

Wow it's really beautifull Shiva, great cosplay XD.
And thanks a lot those FF4 costume gave us so much trouble XP.
lunaishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #982
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Shiva: Reinaa!! Her dress is so pretty, even though she's not one of my more favorites of the female FF characters. I like how you did her FMV outfit but it's still got some original touches. Your setting is really nice too; it's like she's actually in her castle ^_^! Btw the pillaging-of-the-treasure-chest is cute and hilarious XD.
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #983
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

Thanks guys! ^^

@ snowkirby ~ Yeah, Faris is my fav of the FF5 characters, but Natalie and I wanted to do an FF5 group and she called Faris first. xD But I liked Reina's design, so I went with her.

@ lunaishtar ~ you guys did an amazing job as the FF4 DS group! If I ever found you at a con, I would so camera whore you.

2014 EVENTS: Katsucon, Anime Boston, PortCon Maine, Dragon*Con
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:40 PM   #984
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

I love Faris lol! But I think my favs from 5 are Krile and Galuf b/c they're just adorable (and woah at Krile's multi-talentedness? I wanna talk to dragons, moogles, and chocobos =O!!). I even planned out a hybrid Krile that I wanna do someday; I used her sprite colors but did more of an Amano-inspired design (her actual Amano design looks too much like Terra's ._.). But I still wanna make a hybrid Faris too b/c I love her purple hair XD but I didn't sketch it out yet..
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #985
lunaishtar

Thanks a lot too Shiva XD. Here in Brazil something like that is kinda hard =P, people care much more for naruto and bleach =P, and doesn't even know where our cosplays came from.
lunaishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #986
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

No offense to anyone on this thread that likes Naruto or Bleach, I can't stand either anime so I agree with luna's pain :/. I hate how sometimes people just HAVE to know what your cosplay is or what it's from, but after a while who cares! If it looks awesome that doesn't matter! There are lots of other cosplay out there that I've seen that I don't know the series or character, but they're so well-done that I don't really care lol!
Unread 05-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #987
Cloud-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalSam View Post
Oh... I just know how you feel... I had a Dark Knight Cecil version on the work (Design was finished, foam piece were all cut up and ready to be glued to some vinyl) and now the DS version comes out. Pissed, cause now my design doesn't look anything like the DS... and I think that this new version takes a bit out of the "creativity" factor that was part of all old-school FF cosplay. Cause all you had as reference would be either the Amano Art or the Sprite from the game... which leaves a lot to imagination (not a bad thing). :P

oh and btw... that helmet is really cool... it just scream Kain !!!

So I did spend a long time thinking things over and I've decided to start again from scratch. I'll be doing the DS version Cecil (always Dark Knight, cause I would never in a millions year be able to pull off the paladin version... well maybe the sprite version (which I like more than the amano one - or the DS)). Though my other design is pretty cool, so I'm just putting it on hold. I'll be completing this one when I have the time.

As for material for construction... my Cecil will all be fun foam and hot glue (to get the "muscles" on the armor), that is going to be spray painted and varnished afterward. Oh and a black "bodysuit" with a lot (and I mean a lot) of velcro to stick all the parts of the armor to. The only thing I need to find is something like a corset, but for a man. I need something that will "hold my gut" to give me a better V shape on the torso portion... so I'll look like I'm fit, not "overweight" (using the term losely as I couldn't find a better word).

By the way Andrea... I really like your design on Edward. It just look like the character, even if it's not really the sprite, not really the amano, not really anything specific :P But it look really good, great job !!! As for your question... I think FF IV is a bit too old to get the same "attention" as FF VI, so no I've never seen anyone cosplay Anna. I've never seen any FF IV cosplay before (in person)... but I've seen a lot of Terra and Locke.

I was thinking about doing the DS version of Cecil(and possibly Kain too) Good luck!
Cloud-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #988
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

I'm currently working on a Shadow(FFVI) cosplay for Jacon here in Florida. I'm doing the Game/Sprite/CGI version instead of the Amano(I loathe all that beading). Everything is looking pretty good so far and all I really have left to make are the gloves and to attach the dark blue fabric that comes out of his headpiece. I'm using a compression shirt to hide my "features" as well. The pants/top are all black lycra/spandex. Hopefully everything turns out well for this first run - going to slowly improve it over time though.
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #989
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

hehe that's awesome! Shadow is so badass lol! Can't wait to see it all done ^_^
Unread 05-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #990
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Yay I won my Terra wig just now ^_^ it's so perfect and the price is a steal lol! I was eyeing one here at the marketplace, but the one just now on eBay looked better quality . I'm also winning my Amano Aeris wig too so far, which is likewise perfect and at a lovely price too ^_^ ahhh lucky day