Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #991
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Hmm... I'm still sketching up some ideas for my Madeline (FFVI) costume... She only appears in sprite form, so I'm having a hard time deciding how to make her outfit.. Does it look more like a renaissance-style gown, or a "tavern-girl"-esque blouse and a skirt? Ref pic: http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9199/threeml8.jpg

Also, since it's a rather plain design, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to take a little creative liberty and pretty it up? ^^;; I considered making it sort of "Amano-style", but I don't know...

Last edited by Kazephyr : 02-01-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2008, 03:51 PM   #992
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

hehe Kaze's here too XD yay for FF threads lol!

I kept on thinking Madonna had a more tavern girl dress for some reason in the game, maybe b/c there's not a lot detail going on since it's a sprite.

I'd definitely keep the color scheme and try and add more accents and details; like her hem of the dress clearly has a gold border so maybe a nice wispy border like on Amano Terra's armor and dress would look good (also to kinda pinpoint back to the fact that she's her mother so it relates).

I think if you look at the Amano Terra illustrations you can try and pull off similar details and ideas so there's a connection with Madonna to Terra . I also think making a really pretty scrunchie for her hair would be a nice idea too, b/c it seems like it's on a high ponytail of sorts hehe. Can't wait to see what you come up with ^_^
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #993
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Yup, I'm here, too. XD I figured I'd get a clearer idea of my design for Madeline, since I feel kind of like getting started once Lucrecia's finished up. ^^

I stared for agonizingly long spans of time at that sprite, trying to decide what she's wearing. ^^;; I think I'll go with tavern-girl style, since that's what it looks more like, upon closer examination. There is, however, a rather large bow in the back of the outfit... Weird. o_0;; I guess I could connect it to the shirt, or something.

I really like the idea of adding some Terra-like features to the outfit, since that would define it more as being tied to her. ^^ I'll compare some trims and things, and try to sketch up a rough idea of what it'll look like. ^^ I actually bought a trim today that I thought might go well on the sleeves of the shirt, or something. ^^

I'll try to come up with some ideas for a hair tie, as well. ^^ Maybe I could string some beads onto it, or something? Your beadwork on Amano Aeris inspired me. ^^

Last edited by Kazephyr : 02-01-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Typo. ^^;;
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #994
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Lol yay can't wait to see what you come up with ^_^. Aww I'm flattered on the beadwork lol ^_^;;;; honestly it's not that great (I just did another set today and it was the worst one yet XD) but thank you! I'm still bothered by it b/c I feel like it needs more, but once I finish it I'll take a pic and I'll see if it needs a bit more work or not.

I didn't see the bow at the back of the dress on the sprite =X lol musta missed it. I stared at it long enough where my eyes kinda hurted lol, so I'm surprised I missed that detail ._.
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #995
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Thanks. ^^ I hope I'll get a chance to work on it soon. ^^

Your beadwork is fantastic. ^^ I can't wait to see when you're all finished. ^^ I was thinking of making some beads out of light clay, and maybe carving little images of espers into them. ^^ I feel like that would really emphasize her character a lot more, and add some interest to the costume, as well. ^^

The bow is pretty hard to see (and half-hidden by her hair). ^^;; I've kind of come up with some thoughts on how to incorporate it into the outfit, though, so no worries there. ^^
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #996
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Lol thank you again ^_^;;;;;;! The bead idea would be really cute! Maybe you can make a charm bracelet like that, I think it'd be nice ^_^
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #997
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: You're very welcome. ^^

I like the bracelet idea... Maybe I could include other fantasy-esque (fairies, dragons, etc.) beads in it, as well. ^^ It would be kind of fun to make, and make the costume more intriguing. ^^ I seem to remember Maduin mentioning a necklace of some kind when he meets Madonna... Maybe I could make something like that, as well?
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #998
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Oh yeah I think he did ^__^ I think that'd be a great idea if you can make it and wear it . In speaking of Maduin I remember finding a fake gem that looked almost like a magicite crystal so I painted a red center and I'm using it for my Terra XD. I like to consider it as my Maduin magicite hehehe!
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #999
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: I think I'll try making the necklace. ^^ Hmm... I wonder what I should make it look like... Fun things to think up, I guess. ^^ Sprites offer a lot of creative freedom. ^^;;

That's a cool idea you had with the magicite. ^^ You should post a photo in your gallery, I'd love to see it. ^^
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:20 PM   #1000
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Lol I think I have a pic in my in-progress gallery but it's pretty crappy ;; I need a new one..
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #1001
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Wow, that really does resemble magicite. ^^ It looks great, and I'm sure it'll go great with Terra. ^^

I'm looking around e-bay, and they have a lot of nice charms I'm considering for Madonna's jewelry. ^^ I hope the color scheme pulls together nicely... I want to avoid the jewelry clashing too much, but at the same time I want it to stand out... ^^;; I'll have to do some thinking. ^^;;
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:34 PM   #1002
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

;; lol I'm sure it'll come out great and thanks about the magicite lol! I almost forgot I had that jewel hehe ^_^;;
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #1003
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: You're welcome. ^^

What's nice about Madonna's jewelry is that a lot of the espers as they are portrayed in the esper world look like pretty generic fantasy creatures... meaning fairy charms and such fit perfectly. ^^
Unread 05-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #1004
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Since I know there was some interest, and at the very least, it's relevant, now that ACen's done, we have some quality pictures of the FFIV group I was in. I haven't stuck any of them on my own account yet, but fansview has a ton...

At the booth (and there are some on the previous page and the next page as well)
During the masquerade (also an AMAZING pic of my Edward at the bottom of the previous page)

...And if you want to know some context for why Anna was hanging around Kain, AC Paradise has the skit on video. XD

And not only were we there (and won an award), but there was also an AMAZING amount of FFVI cosplayers, and a large group of them won an award for their walk-on. (I'm not sure which award, it was really hard to hear backstage.) My group kept saying that it was apparently NostalgiaCon, and we're all very happy that old-school FF got so much recognition. =)
Unread 05-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #1005
Miasan

Cool photos Andrea! Really like your interpretation of Anna XD.

Last edited by Miasan : 07-07-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Miasan is offline   Reply With Quote