Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #1051
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Okay my Terra pics are in ^_^! They're at the gallery :3. After the next pic of boots with their covers finally, that will be THE last of the in-progress Terra XD. Wow. Every time I look at my file folder on all her pics so far, I'm like "this cosplay deserves an award for being so camera-whored XD".

Of course, the road to finishing Terra's dress was a much longer one than I expected...The short version is so:

- the strapless bra I was gonna wear for the dress totally showed under ;;; when I originally made the patterns for the dress, I was using a different bra, but that one started to bother me so I don't wear it anymore. B/c of said problem now, I had to sew in bra cups XDD; highly interesting experience but kudos to the busy pattern of the dress, you can't see my stitches =O yay!!

- when I glued on Terra's shoulder armor, I did it wrong at first XD her straps are criss-crossed so I totally forgot that by the time I was done...so I had to carefully rip them out and reglue them. SIGH.

Then there were other minor details I had to fix right there, but that's the major issues XD. Oh dress....I love it soo...

Anyway..@Art: for any robes/cloaks I would recommend something breathable and comfortable, but nothing too light where it's somewhat see-through and flies all over the place in the wind. A thick/heavy cotton would do but nothing too heavy ;;! If you use a good cotton that accomplishes what you're aiming for, you shouldn't need any wire to hold up the hood b/c it would drape well.

For the designs on the robe, they look like a mix of both. You could paint them, but then you would have to place some fabric under where you painted so it doesn't bleed through and look like an eyesore ^_^;;. So I would recommend painting them first on separate strips of fabric (that way you don't mess up directly on the robe) and then sew that onto the robe.

The staff looks thin enough where you can use foam/board, or even a light wood to carve out the design. It depends on what you feel comfortable with.
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)

Last edited by snowkirby : 06-02-2008 at 08:06 PM.
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #1052
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Art is a BANG: I second Snowkirby's advice. ^^ If you need more help, though, try this thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=41032

It's the thread for posting about Yuna, Rikku, and Paine's White Mage dress sphere. ^^

Snowkirby: Wow, you went through a lot for Terra. ^^;; It turned out fantastic, though. ^^
Unread 06-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #1053
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@kaze: lol I know ;; thanks again! It usually happens; I think something that sounds easy and should be easy would be..and then other things start happening XD;
Unread 06-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #1054
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Lol, that's exactly how I feel about a lot of my cosplays. ^^;;
Unread 06-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #1055
Icey
Loves the cold

These are from Acen 06 and Youmacon 06, (I really should browse the forums more often =x) but pictures of my Rosa costume can be found here.
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #1056
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Icey: your Rosa is beautiful ^_^ I love the colors you chose, the violets match very well with the whites you used . Your bow's really nice too ^_^
Unread 06-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #1057
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Icey: Wow, gorgeous Rosa costume! ^^ I love the boots and the way you did the armor. ^^
Unread 07-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #1058
BlackArtsViper

there are a few good cosplays id like to see
1. Dark Knight Cecil FFIV
2.Golbez (This would be a pain) FFIV
3.Fironel FFII
4.Palamencia FFII
5.Odin FFVII Crisis core
BlackArtsViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #1059
cloudstrifefan
Con Addict

i know this is prob off topic but how would someone get ff-ffviii i have ffix and stuff liek that but how can i get the first 8
Otakon '09

Cons of the future:
Katsucon '10
Tekkoshocon '10
Otakon '10

Cosplays done:
Cloud Strife (Advent Children)
Kimimaro Kaguya (Human form w/ spine sword)
Luke Fon Fabre (short hair)
cloudstrifefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #1060
Jgo Factor
Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArtsViper View Post
2.Golbez (This would be a pain) FFIV
3.Fironel FFII
4.Palamencia FFII
5.Odin FFVII Crisis core
Its still a work in progress, but I was able to bring out Dark Knight Cecil (DS version) in time for Anime Expo this year: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1608647/

The complete version should be finished in time for Anime Central next year.
Unread 07-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #1061
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Jgo: hehe awesome Dark Knight Cecil! I love how you did it after the sprite/DS polygon, even if it isn't full on Amano b/c of the detail that would go into it lol. I really like your armor tho :3 it's so smooth!

@cloud: wellll it's kinda on-topic within the series, but much of the older FF's are on the older systems, unless they were rereleased. I to III were originally on NES, but they were also rereleased for the PSOne, Game Boy Advanced, and PSP. III officially came to America via DS; the only way you can play the original NES version is through a translated rom lol.

IV to VI are SNES; they were also rereleased on PSOne, Game Boy Advanced, and now with IV, DS.

VII and VIII technically aren't old-school b/c of how many different directions Square went with those games (different consoles and story, for one thing). They've only been on the PSOne, and since almost zero stores sell PSOne games anymore, those two you'll really need to find a good bargain on eBay b/c they go for A LOT.

Other than that, all these games can be found via eBay, amazon, and if they're rereleased on more recent systems, video game stores like GameStop and EBGames, etc. Good luck hunting for them they're well worth it!
Unread 07-16-2008, 02:08 AM   #1062
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArtsViper View Post
I tried Paladin Cecil (Amaro) once and I didn't like the result and it was never worn. If I ever attempt Paladin Cecil I'll probably do Dark Knight Cecil but I'm clueless on how to do either one.

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
mirrorsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #1063
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

I've finished Edward and Tellah from Final Fantasy IV (DS Versions). The outfits are what they wear in the upcoming DS game coming out in a couple of weeks - not what you see in the cutscenes/cgi photos. These are my 2nd set of costumes I've ever made for my husband and myself. I'll have pictures of us when we wear them this weekend with our Final Fantasy IV Group up soon (minus Cecil and Kain ).

So excited about wearing it this weekend, I even got a (decently priced) celtic lap harp!
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #1064
tu_sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
VII and VIII technically aren't old-school b/c of how many different directions Square went with those games (different consoles and story, for one thing). They've only been on the PSOne, and since almost zero stores sell PSOne games anymore, those two you'll really need to find a good bargain on eBay b/c they go for A LOT.
Really? I've seen VII and VIII at just about every EB Games and GameStop stores I've been too. VII can get pricey since it was more popular, but VIII is usually around $20. And if you have a PS2, you can even play them on that. So you don't even need an older consol to play them.
Unread 07-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #1065
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu_sense View Post
Really? I've seen VII and VIII at just about every EB Games and GameStop stores I've been too. VII can get pricey since it was more popular, but VIII is usually around $20. And if you have a PS2, you can even play them on that. So you don't even need an older consol to play them.
Yeah I play all my PSOne games on my PS2 . Your GameStops still have PSOne games????? They don't sell them anymore in my area, and since I work at one, I always thought it was a company decision to stop that ._. That's amazing tho!

@Beatrix: yay IV group ^_^! I can't wait to see pics have fun!!