Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #1081
daleluck1313

I'm planning on doing a few job cosplays from Final Fantasy 3 using concept art for each class. There seems to be very little though.

For those who wants Final Fantasy 3 (DS) concept art:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Produ...ncept_art.html

There's one for each job and each character - the different characters have small differences in their clothing, btw.

Currently Working On:
  • Custom Reno - 10%
Postponed:
  • Nero (Devil May Cry 4) - 5%
  • Reno (Final Fantasy VII) - 20%

"There is nothing either good nor evil, but thinking makes it so"
- William Shakespeare
daleluck1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2008, 06:36 PM   #1082
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

I'm currently working on the sprite versions of Celes and Madonna from FFVI. ^^

I have a fair amount done on both costumes, but the most of the main clothing articles need some touch-ups. ^^;; I'm taking a few creative liberties with both outfits (Celes for modesty reasons, and Madonna because... there's not much reference to go by ^^;; ).

Anyhoo, I have some photos posted of my progress in the costume's respective galleries:
Celes: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/123786/
Madonna: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/112607/
Unread 08-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #1083
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@dale: thanks for the link ^_^ I like the outfits they made for the III DS Job classes not sure if I might ever make them one day, I feel like I should play the game itself first before I tackle it lol.

@kaze: I told you this already but I'll say it again lol! Your jewelry is so pretty! I love the large beads you used with Madonna's necklace, and the crystals too ^_^. They remind me of these crystals my chandelier has, I think one even fell off and I just kind of kept it around b/c it was really cool looking XD. I remember I used it for Ice Kirby also back a few years ago but then I disassembled that necklace b/c it was only on a chain and it looked bad with it ;;. I can't wait to see more progress from both of these though ^_^.

I'm really starting to think I need better shoes for my FMV Terra. They're too heavy to walk in .__. At least I got them on clearance at Target so I don't feel so bad. So now I have to get shoes for two cosplays now XD (Wing Kirby also; finding good pumps, even not in red, is impossible...).
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #1084
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja

Hey everyone,

I was wanting to make a quick and relatively simple cosplay for this halloween and Snowkirby mentioned the idea of making a White Mage cosplay. I was wondering if anyone who had done this cosplay before could offer any advice (since I've never made a cosplay from scratch before).

Thanks,

Shiroi Ookami

Currnet Cosplays:

Pridelands Sora - Commissioned from Cosfurs

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Human Paladin - World of Warcraft
Snow Villiers - Final Fantasy XIII
Shiroi Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #1085
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@shiroi: lol hey ^_^! Hopefully more activity will come to this thread, it needs it ;; I don't like being one of the three or five people that try and stop by here to keep it from dying XD;.

I haven't made a White Mage before but it's a relatively simple design. (You also don't have to worry about some fancy outfit underneath, b/c all you can see on a classic White Mage is the cloak.) The tricky part is only if you're not familiar with making cloaks, and/or making all the triangles on the cloak b/c it's a bit tedious ;;.

The III DS one is a nice and simple design as well, if the one from the first FF kind of bores you b/c of the fact that it's just a giant oversized cloak with triangles of death XD.

This site has some cool patterns for cloaks (it's more for Lord of the Rings but you can use them for White Mage also with some alterations). Simplicity also has a near dead-one pattern for the III DS cloak , #5840. There are other ones at that page that also have other patterns very close to either White Mage design .

For fabric, b/c you're gonna be in a huge garment for most of the day, pick something like a cotton that's not too heavy, but not too sheer. You can always underline the fabric also to make it thicker so it's not so see-through lol.

For the triangles, you can either go through the joy of cutting out all of the triangles and sewing them on, or if you're underlining or adding a double layer anyway, carefully paint on the triangles before sewing on the second layer, so you avoid seeing the paint on the wrong side of the cloak ;; It can look bad lol

Last edited by snowkirby : 08-24-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Unread 08-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #1086
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja

This should prove to be an interesting cosplay idea. First, since it seems relatively easy to do, and second because you almost never see guys cosplay as a white mage. Well now I have something to look into.

Thanx again Kirb!

Currnet Cosplays:

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Unread 08-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #1087
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Thankies again. ^^

Eek, I feel your pain on the shoes... I went through three pairs of clearance shoes on one cosplay... and they were the same shoes. In different sizes. -_-;; Lesson learned: walk around in the shoes in the store, so you can at least estimate how long it will take to develop blisters. XD

Anyway, good luck finding a comfier pair for Terra. ^^

Shiroi Ookami: Good luck with the costume; be sure to post photos when you're done. ^^
Unread 08-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #1088
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja

Actually, Snowkirby's problem has left me with a question: What kind of shoes does a mage wear? I would assume they would wear boots of some sort, but maybe something else?

Currnet Cosplays:

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Unread 08-25-2008, 03:29 PM   #1089
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Shiroi Ookami: I think a pair of mid-calf length boots in either white or red would be good. Artwork of white mage Lenna from FFV Advance shows white boots with red on the toe. The FFIII artwork of Refia that Snowkirby provided shows red, possibly thigh-length boots with white near the top. Really, there are plenty of options, so if you're going as a generic (or a design that doesn't show feet) white mage, you can have some fun with it. ^^
Unread 08-25-2008, 03:56 PM   #1090
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Shiroi: no problem ^_^ I agree, usually girls are White Mages, prolly b/c FF1 the only girl character was a White Mage XD; but the later ones do have guys as them (hallo V!). For boots I wouldn't worry so much on them b/c the cloak is gonna drap over it a lot, so I agree with kaze. I think a basic boot in either a white or red (regardless if you find it like that, or if you cover it with fabric OR paint over it) will be more than fine .

@Kaze: lol thanks XD; I walked around the store with the Terra shoes I was gonna use now, but come to think of it I think I only took a step or 3 ;; It was realllyy soft and comfy tho, so I didn't care anyhow XD; other than the fact that they were on psycho clearance lmao!

But now I'm not so happy ;;; I wish my first shoes still fit me ;; they were cute and perfect and they were practically done, minus the crappy shoecovers ;;...Anyone know how to get acrylic off of black shoes XD???
Unread 08-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #1091
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

Does anyone know where I could find screenshots of the back of Summoner Refia's outfit? The concept art is nice, but it only shows so much... I'd perfer not to have to go check my DS everytime I need to see what the back of her blouse looks like. (I'm not starting it for a while, but these things are nice to have.)

"Any problem can be solved with some sort of pin. Safety pins, bobby pins, any pins; anytime you have a problem, just use the corresponding type of pin!" - My friend. Not a cosplayer, but wise indeed.
Darksilverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #1092
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja

This is from the same site that I found my Ingus white mage. It's only from the front, but I hope it helps some.

Here.

Currnet Cosplays:

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Unread 08-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #1093
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

Thanks, Shiroi, but I already have that picture. I'm mostly worried about the back.

"Any problem can be solved with some sort of pin. Safety pins, bobby pins, any pins; anytime you have a problem, just use the corresponding type of pin!" - My friend. Not a cosplayer, but wise indeed.
Darksilverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #1094
jocie

I am planning to do Refia from FFIII and her magus costume is pretty easy except that really cool hat of hers. Any suggestions world be awesome!

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery...fia-magus.html
jocie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #1095
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@jocie: the URL isn't working but I'm looking at her reference from elsewhere anyhoo . For her hat, I would recommend finding those witch party hats at Halloween stores as the base, b/c it's huge and is a good size to work with. I'm not sure how your budget is with it, but I would use the same black fabric as her dress, and line it with cotton batting to give it more stiffness. Then I would drape around the hat base to cover it for your new hat . The reference has some stitching marks at the side, so as of cleanliness of the hat progress, I wouldn't be so anal on the execution, but don't make it sloppy either! In a sense it's supposed to look handmade, but not like a third grader did it lol!

For the decorations, the moon can be cut out of a thick cardboard and painted over, and glued onto the hat; it doesn't look like it's made out of anything too fancy, b/c of the dullness from the reference, so I wouldn't go too overboard with it. The belt can be made from a silver/grey thick strip of fabric that goes around the cone part of the hat, and the buckle can also just be done like the moon and attached as well. If you want the engraved detail, you can either use dimensional fabric glue for the raised parts and then paint on them, or glue on separate cardboard pieces so that it appears raised and then paint.

Simplicity patterns for the hat in case you're not sure how to construct it: #3595 is a child's pattern but it has a witch's hat, for some reason the adult pattern didn't. You can always make the measurements bigger for yourself, but the hat with it is very close to the Magus hat; just add the droop to it lol.

@Dark: I tried finding more images for her back, but I couldn't find much :/ if I find a pic I'll let you know!

Last edited by snowkirby : 08-28-2008 at 05:11 PM.