Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #1096
Envel
I'm a little teapot!

I'm excited, I've finally started a cosplay I've been wanting to do for years... Rosa!

I'm doing a mixture of the Amano and the new CGs from the DS remake. (I LOVE her new gauntlets and capes.)

I've already started the embroidery and beading across the bottom of the bodice, I'll have to post a progress pic once I get that all the way done. Oh, and hello thread.
Envel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #1097
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Well, I've mostly finished Celes' cape... I'm fairly pleased with it, though hopefully the fact that it's made out of bridal and, unfortunately, some costume satin won't make it too photo-unfriendly... I couldn't find anything remotely like the fabric I needed in anything other than costume satin, so it'll have to do...

I can't completely finish the cape until I've made the pauldrons, though... and I'm still considering how I'll make those. ^^;;

Also, most of the rest of the clothes are done for that costume, so I'm making progress. ^^

Envel: Hi. ^^

I adore Rosa's outfits; I can't wait to see your progress. ^^ Best of luck with it. ^^
Unread 08-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #1098
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Envel: yay good luck with Rosa! I love her new armor too! Those gauntlets are badass!

@Kaze: I dunno how complex you wanna make Celes' pauldrons, b/c mostly you are doing the Sprite version with some tweaking. You can always use a plastic material like wonderflex so it's nice and hard like armor, or you can do something more budget friendly and less anal, like craft foam.

My Terra pauldrons are from craft foam, though the more I look at my progress cosplay pics of it, I think I made them too small now compared to the other FMV references of her ^_^;;; If it really does bother me I might have to make them over but I don't have a problem with that, b/c it's rather easy and I still have all the materials for it. I just hope I kept the patterns for them o_o.
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #1099
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

My computer is evil. Sorry for the double post. -_-;;

Last edited by Kazephyr : 08-29-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #1100
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: My design is a combination of Celes' in-game sprite and some trading card artwork that's based heavily on the sprite, with minor differences
(plus some alterations of my own). The pauldrons appear a bit bigger than Terra's, so I'll probably go the wonderflex route... Plus, my cape is going to be putting some weight on the armor, which I'm sure would be a recipe for disaster with foam. ^^;;

Your Terra armor looks great, though. ^^ I had no idea it was foam before you said so. ^^;;
Unread 08-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #1101
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: lol I hate it when computers start freaking out ;; I have to send my posts through the Advanced form in order to send it if they get long enough ._.

I saw some of the trading card art when I was trying to find the VI Advanced sprites lol ;; chibis still look weird with boobs XD;. Anyway, I think her pauldrons were bigger than Terra's, so good luck with the wonderflex ^_^. I was thinking of using that someday for armor for one of my future cosplays, but it's not part of FF lol ;;.

Thanks on the armor ^_^ a lot of people have liked it as well as the jewelry, back in my heinous first version of Terra ;;. I think if that didn't even look good, then other people as well as myself would have just flat out hated how it all came out ;; It's in my gallery if you wanna see it. I had to use a pink fabric for my dress. I didn't know of JoAnn's at the time, so finding anything red to use was hard ;;;

The good thing about the foam is that it is comfy, but other than them being a little too small now ^_^;;, b/c of the acrylic I used, if I try to get it back to its curved shape again it slightly cracks ^_^;;;;;! You can't tell though b/c they're very small, so I think it adds some nice wear and tear to it , like battle damage lmao. So I don't mind it lol.
Unread 08-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #1102
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Yeah, my computer forces me to use Advanced for long posts, too (and sometimes for short ones, when it's in a bad mood). -_-;;

Thanks. ^^ I'm kind of concerned with how I'm going to keep the pauldrons on... ^^;; My outfit is sleeveless and strapless, so there's nothing to hook it on to... and the cape is going to pull on them a bit... ;_;

For now, though, I have a new dilemma... Celes' belt. Due to it's design and... purple-ness, I'm guessing I'll have to make it. What can I use as a base? I was thinking purple suede, but would that be sturdy enough? ^^;;

Your original Terra isn't bad at all. ^^ Your new version is a great improvement, of course, but your first one is better than you give yourself credit for. ^^ I've said it before, I'll say it again: I love your beadwork. ^^ You always do an amazing job with jewelry. ^^
Unread 08-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #1103
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: ehh I dunno on my first version there, but maybe that's me lol. Usually after a few months with any of my works I end up seeing flaws, and if they bother me enough, I end up just flat out hating it XD; Cosplay, writing, artwork, you name it ;;. There have been very very few exceptions that basically have still stood the test of time, and up to an extent, I feel like I can never exceed that awesomeness ever again XD.

Well I wouldn't say that for cosplay though lol. Right now my new Terra, and hopefully my Wing Kirby, will be just as good as something like my OC Renaissance dress, despite its wardrobe malfunctions and rips ;;;. :3

Anyway thanks on the jewelry ^_^ and the compliments on the old Terra. I think I just notice too much pink in the dress, and I just end up nitpicking everything else wrong, but I still take pride in my jewelry and my armor for it, b/c I'm still using them now lol :3.

Okie back to Celes! For the belt I'm gonna assume is the SD Celes b/c I can't see a belt on the sprites lol! A suede can work, so it has some texture without it being so costumey like felt or velvet. Maybe if you double layer it, it can give it some strength tho .

For the armor, they do just kinda float on her don't they ._.? Some fanart with her Sprite form has them attached to the dress, like my FMV Terra's does, so I think for the sake of function you can sneak along an attachment there, or make it more decorative lol. Otherwise I would've actually suggested gluing the armor to the cape XD but then there would be no way to have it stay on securely ;;

sneak edit!-- One of my nice dressier shirts is too small for me now (kinda was as it is but I dealt with it lol!), and I love the floral design on it ;; It's a sheer fabric with reds, golds, and blues, and I think it'll look well as something for my hybrid Krile, whenever I make it ^_^. I dunno how I'm gonna sneak it along, but I'll prolly end up using it as a hairscarf like my Amano Aeris, b/c there's not that much of the fabric anyway lol. Just a small update lol!

Last edited by snowkirby : 08-30-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Unread 08-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #1104
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

delete this post.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #1105
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Koi:::waves hi:: Ah crap..I have to delete this post too now ;; Do you report it to delete it??? Never done this before lol!
Unread 08-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #1106
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: I'm generally pretty happy with things after they're finished, but I start to feel kind of hopeless while they're in-progress. ^^;; I need to see all the trimmings and whatnot added before I feel like something looks okay, I guess. ^^;;

I /think/ there's a belt on the sprite... Or, more accurately, a small stripe of purple in the FFVI Advance sprite that one can surmise to be a belt. ^^;; It's there... if you squint... I'm using the SD as a reference though, as the sprite shows no detail. ^^;; I'll probably go with suede; I can't think of anything else that would achieve the look I'm going for... I just hope the weight of the center jewel doesn't pull it down, or something... ^^;;

I might try straps to attach the pauldrons, if I can integrate them into the outfit somehow... I'll have to think about it once the armor's made, I suppose. ^^;;

You're planning a Krile outfit? I love her character, and I'm sure you'd do a lovely job of it. ^^ Good luck. ^^

Last edited by Kazephyr : 08-30-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Unread 08-30-2008, 08:25 PM   #1107
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: lol I think as long as the center jewel isn't too heavy and the belt isn't on too loose, that it should be fine . I don't know what material honestly can be used right for the belt lol ^_^;; so it's really up to you lol.

Krile's one of my fav FF girls, she's so adorable and she's really smart and mature for her age ^_^. I guess that's why Penelo from XII was my only fav from there too ;; if Penelo wasn't that cool I really really woulda hated that game more than I do already ^_^; but that's for another time.

I planned a hybrid Krile a few years ago actually lol (along with an Amano Lulu from X lmao! I was thinking of that dress being a nice dark purple, and it's pretty much more flowy and decorative ;; ). Her Amano illustration is like a younger Terra, despite the fact that of course, V came before VI, so I'm not really fond of Amano Krile's design b/c of that (plus it kind of reveals a bit too much for a 14-ish year old to wear ._. personally anyway). I love her color scheme from her sprite in V tho, so I'm pretty much aiming to combine the two, by having her sprite colors (blue and yellow) with more of an ethereal and elegant touch like of Amano. Her FMV outfit is horrible ;; but I like the cape idea lol.

If you'd like I can scan the outfit I drew out later on or tomorrow; it's not in color b/c I never got around to lol, and looking back on it, it's not really set in stone yet but for the most part it's the design I want to do lol! That happens a lot when I plan out my designs lol!
Unread 08-31-2008, 06:42 AM   #1108
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Come to think of it... I don't even know what I'm going to use for the center jewel... It's kind of big, so it might be hard to find one like it... and I'm terrified of resin. ^^;;

I always thought the Amano Krile looked a lot like Terra, too... I used to get them confused, before I played the games. xD

I'd love to see your Krile design. ^^ It sounds like you put a lot of thought into it... I'm sure it'll be beautiful. ^^ The Lulu design sounds interesting, too. ^^

Last edited by Kazephyr : 08-31-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Unread 08-31-2008, 11:50 AM   #1109
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: You can always use a giant marble/stone like the ones they sell at Michael's for fake plants lol, I have a bunch of red ones b/c of my Terra jewel. Usually you can make the brooch around it with clay, but that failed miserably for me so I used wax lmao. If it's more flat like the resin gems it'll be a lot easier to attach to the belt lol. There are a few commissioners at the marketplace that sell custom gems and they can make it in a nice size for you too .

Okie, later today I'll scan Krile and Lulu lol, even tho the latter isn't old school, but ah well! I dunno if I'll ever make that outfit tho, it was just something I thought up and drew down. Both of them aren't in color tho, so bear with me ^_^;;
Unread 08-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #1110
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Thanks for the suggestions; I'll look into them. ^^

Yay, I can't wait to see your sketches. ^^ Don't worry about them not being colored. I hardly ever color my concept sketches, so I don't mind at all. ^^