Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #1111
lunaishtar

Hey guys our FFIV group had a photoshoot in a beautifull place here in Brazil so we have plenty of new photos ^^. They're all here in this gallery:
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/125397/
Hope you guys enjoy it ^^
lunaishtar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #1112
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Lunaishtar: Your photoshoot is gorgeous! I definitely love the setting you chose, and your costumes are beautiful. ^^
Unread 09-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #1113
lunaishtar

Thanks a lot Kazephyr, we were longing for this for quite a while, we already visited it before with other cosplays and found it perfect for a FF photoshoot. Our costumes were really hard to do but in the end we were very satisfied with the results. ^^
Unread 09-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #1114
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Lunaishtar: It is a lovely spot for a photoshoot, and the scenery really makes me think of all of the lush, natural places in the different FF games. ^^

I can tell you must have put a ton of work into your costumes... there's so much detail! They look amazing, and you should all be very proud. ^^
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #1115
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: sorry I forgot to scan the designs XD; I'll try to get them asap tho. I'm not working on either at the moment tho, so I'm not too worried lol ;; plus I start classes tomorrow, so I don't feel like being stressed just yet ._.

@luna: your photoshoot is brilliant! I loove the location you found, it's so gorgeous and overworld-map it's insane XD. It's perfect lol! The costumes are amazing as well, I love the detail you put into them, it's like they jumped out of the DS =O.
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #1116
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Lol, it's okay. ^^ I have to start getting to work on classes, tomorrow, too. -_-;;

I'll probably post some progress of Celes, soon. ^^ All I need now is to make the armor, boots, belt (which I bought the suede for; yay), and buy the wig. ^^ Which... sounds like a lot, now that I'm typing it. ^^;;
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #1117
lunaishtar

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post

@luna: your photoshoot is brilliant! I loove the location you found, it's so gorgeous and overworld-map it's insane XD. It's perfect lol! The costumes are amazing as well, I love the detail you put into them, it's like they jumped out of the DS =O.
Wow thanks a lot! I didn't expect that it would turn out so well, like it did ^^. I'm emotional now ;_; thanks for the nice words XD.
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #1118
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: lmao I ran into that problem before at the Super Smash thread on my Wing Kirby XD;. They're small stuff, but when you mush them altogether in a list, they sound like a lot all of a sudden lol! I can't wait to see the progress coming up, especially the dress b/c I'm trying to remember from the sprite references and what you described it lol.

@luna: lmao awww no problem ^_^. I've left you a few comments too lol. Now that I know which pics I wanted to post at ;; I liked a lot of them lol. I like how your friend photographed them (unless you had someone else take the pic, I'm not sure).
Unread 09-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #1119
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Yeah, I keep thinking I'm almost done with things until I jot them down... ^^;;

Actually, I changed my mind and made it a short-shorts and shirt combo. ^^;; The belt is kind of going to hide where the shirt meets the shorts, though, so it'll look more like the original design. ^^

I'll probably post some progress within the week, though the cape will have to wait to be finished before I can post photos of it. ^^;;
Unread 09-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #1120
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: ahh yeah the short shorts lol! I'm glad you're adding on the belt b/c it'll look too swimsuity ^_^;;, which was a big thing I think why no one tackles Celes' sprite outfit and went for Amano instead lol. Anyway lookin forward to pics ^_^
Unread 09-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #1121
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: I agree, the belt is fairly necessary to avoid that effect. ^^;; I picked the sprite mainly because I like the color scheme a lot better than her FMV or Amano outfits. ^^;; Plus, how could I pass up a chance to torture myself with armor-making? xD
Unread 09-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #1122
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: XD armor is very torturous, but it's a lot of fun too lol! I still think painting it is my fav part. Painting anything is my fav part of anything ;;.

I like both colors schemes for Celes, though originally I actually wasn't fond of her sprite's until I saw the very very few cosplayers that did her sprite outfit very nicely. And especially recently when you started working on it of course; it just grew on me lol.
Unread 09-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #1123
Piggynukka
Brodeo Cowgirl

Hey thar. I figured I would post in here since my boyfriend and I are making old school White and Black Mage cosplays for Sakuracon. I'm scared of the cloaks only because it's a lot of material but I think I can do it.
Milk (Love Love Sugar)- Pop'n Music
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World the Game

Member of TigerDick cosplay: "We are cool and ballin' dudes."
Piggynukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #1124
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: I'm actually looking somewhat forward to painting it, but that's mostly just because I can't wait to see it finished. ^^;; You're very artistic, though, so I can see where you'd really enjoy it. ^^

I actually took quite a liking to Celes' sprite when I first saw it. I love colorful outfits, even if green usually isn't a favorite of mine. ^^;; I just realized that not many people have cosplayed this version before... ^^;; I never bothered to check until now, but man, they're far and few between... ^^;;

EQlizer: I think it's a really cute couple-cosplay idea to go as a white mage and a black mage. ^^

The only part of sewing large garments I can't stand is pinning the pattern to the fabric... Other than that, though, it's not too bad. ^^

Good luck, and be sure to post photos when you're done. ^^

Last edited by Kazephyr : 09-02-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #1125
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@EQlizer: lol awesome ^_^ I love couple cosplays as well . Sewing a lot of fabric is a pain but cloaks have a simple pattern at least b/c they mostly drape. Good luck with the cosplays ^_^.

@Kaze: lol that's true ^_^;; maybe that's why I liked Celes' Amano outfits more in the beginning too ;; (yellow and purple are complimentary colors ;; ) I only saw like..2 that did sprite Celes lmao, so it is very rare, I guess b/c of the leotard piece being a main reason why lol. I like cosplaying more uncommon versions/characters tho, they're a lot more fun to do b/c it just gives the character some props for being awesome lol, and people like to see new stuff too lol.