Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #1126
Ghai

Oye... so many pages. I fail at googling and was hoping to find something abotu FF1, Amano style, characters. One of my friends is doing Black mage, and while Monk/Blackbelt is my favorite class, Fighter would couple with him perfectly. Plus I'll have red hair by then so it all works out (happily ditching Naruto to do this)

But, I can't find any of his art on the Fighter Job T__T. The best I've gotten is Luneth and FF11's Fighter. Can anyone help?
Ghai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #1127
Vadia

I never really post here so sorry if this doesn't show up on the right page or what not.

Ghai,

From what I've seen the Amano art of fighter is WAY different from the fighter you are hoping to do, which is the sprite version.

(Not sure how to do attachments, please let me know if wrong)

1-sara_and_light-a3.jpg

Warrior-ff1-art.png

Dissidia_Fighter_Job_Change.jpg

You can see the differance between the Amano version and the little chibi version (It's artwork from the Dawn of Souls remake). Also I have attached a Dissidia picture of fighter/ warrior which looks pretty much the same as the orignal Amano art.

You could just do the little chibi version I've attached and just change the boot color and hair color match sprite fighter. Or you could just base you costume completely off the sprite. Or if you like the Dissidia version do that.

If my pictures do not work, try googling Final fantasy wikia and clicking on the Final Fantasy 1 link. There should be a link for fighter in the text. On the fighter page click "other appearances" and there should be all the pictures.

Hope this helps
Vadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #1128
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Ghai: a lot of FF1 cosplays lately =O gettin back to basics! Huzzah!

I've been having a tough time even finding fanart references for Fighter, but here's the classic sprite lol. Other than that I would suggest DeviantArt as good places to look

Other than that, I agree with Vadia; sprite Fighter and Amano Fighter are compleeetely different designs and have different details =O, but I posted the sprite for you in case you meant that ^_^;;
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #1129
Ghai

O_O Holy crap, now way I could do the Light Warrior this quick!

SO yeah, I guess its the sprite version then ^^;; Though, I'll probably improvise a bit...

Thanks a bunch, I'll make sure to show the final result on here, along with productivity.
Unread 09-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #1130
Stromlancer

If there's any class I'd love to cosplay as, it'd be Dragoon from FFV. I may do it some day in the future when I can afford the materials to make the armor and lance...and the freedom.
Stromlancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #1131
seraphik
optimus prime

since using such a small sprite makes the costume really basic, it's cool to improvise a little- plus it makes the costume more original (at least in my opinion). when i did ff1's fighter i used the sprite but i also gave him a braid at the back of a long red wig, black gloves, extra armour etc.
seraphik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #1132
Ghai

Dragoon's and Dark Knights... and Monk's!!!

But, I have plans for the fighter such as arm guards, shoulder, bandages, multiple swords, a lot of red.

Plus I have a friend going as Black Mage and another whose digging Theif, so we may have a whole party at AUSA =D. But... to go dramatic like Amano would love, or 8 bit theatre..
Unread 09-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #1133
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Ghai and seraphik: Yeah; the good thing about sprites and other random references is that there's a lot of room for creativity, which is right up my alley lol! Good luck with the FF1 cosplays ^_^ and I hope to see good progress of it soon . If you guys had a White Mage you all would be set XD; that way they can heal you from any fans/glompers ;; if you get any. I've never been glomped and I'm thankful for that XD;

@Stromlancer: I love Dragoons/Lancers as well I know there was a cosplayer here that actually found a concept art for a Leviathan Dragoon for FFIX (to my knowledge I don't think that extra was even in the game, which is a shame b/c it looks fantastic ^_^;; ), and it looks amazing! But anyway, maybe one day you can make it :3 I'd love to see it lol.
Unread 09-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #1134
Ghai

Hmm, I'd have no idea how to make the helmet (for dragoon), but as for armor I'm debating between two ways of how I'm doing it. One way is by using bed foam, like the egg creates, then either coloring them or covering with matching fabric. The way I want to do it though involves a lot of soda can's, base layers, and paint. Such as...

For the chest armor, using a life vest as the base. Then cutting soda can's vertically and super gluing them to the vest after smoothing them flat. It definitely looks more metallic then foam would. I'm planning on doing this for the chest, arm, shin, and shoulder armor.
Unread 09-04-2008, 03:17 PM   #1135
Tiara

I am planning on cosplaying Terra from FFVI and Krile/Cara from FFV. Amano Versions on Both.
Tiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #1136
Fraise
Queen of Strawberries!

I plan to cosplay as Refia from FF3 in January 2009! I've figured all but two thing out for it; the earrings and side pockets of the blue shirt/cloak/vest thingie(I've no clue what to call it...)

Freelancer Refia - 0% (getting materials)
FF7 Yuffie - 100% (but needs repairs )
Fraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #1137
Archer06
Fangirl Princess

Thought i'd pop into this thread and say hi after just cosplaying Locke Cole from FF VI and Celes Chere in her opera dress ^_^ Good to see the early games getting some well deserved love ^_^
Archer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #1138
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Tiara: I love Terra and Krile ^_^! I planned a hybrid Krile, so someday I hope to start that. For Terra I've lately added one of her other Amano outfits to my list too, it's the one with the super plunging v-neck (except I'm gonna change it to make it more modest, plus there's no way it can stay on me without double stick tape .__.) . :3 Good luck with both; Krile especially needs much more cosplay.

@Fraise: Refia is adorable! I was surprised they changed the party members to include a female in the III DS remake, since the original NES one had all four as male ^_^;; I think they were brothers or something too, just to make the story really quick b/c..well it was an NES game. You can't really pack that much info into those cartridges ^_^;;; Anyway good luck with Refia ^_^.

@Archer: Yay! I love FFVI :3 if you have pics in your gallery I'll take a look asap. Are you planning any other old-school cosplays??

And of course, good luck to everyone's progress ^_^ I'd love to see pics! Sorry if I made this post quick, but I have work soon, so I have to go lol ^_^;;
Unread 09-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #1139
Archer06
Fangirl Princess

I do have pics of both in my gallery ^_~ Hopefully at some point in the future i'd love to do Rydia from FF IV. I've loved that game for years and she was the first character I really connected with lol.

Also just looking at your sig i see your doing Terra She's another character i'd like to do ^_~
Archer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #1140
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Archer: Your Celes and even your Wedding Ashe, are amazing!! I posted a comment on Celes :3 you did a wonderful job! I wish I can be as good on sewing like that lmao.

Yeep I'm almost done finally with my FMV Terra :3. It was one of the first cosplays I did, but a few years ago I remade it and it looks a lot better now lol. Still needs her shoes but that's really it lol. I hope to do Amano Terra soon too, based off of the more uncommon illustration of her with the super plunging v-neck ^_^;; it's so pretty, but the v-neck always scared me away until lately I found how I can make it more modest but keep the style lol. So I can't wait to do that too . I might start my Krile before her tho, old-school FF-wise.