Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:29 PM   #1156
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post

@kaze: I know I'm so happy this thread got really kicking again XD; it makes me shed a tear in joy ;; I've been following this thread for way too long, plus after my last post nearly killed it for a full year .__. ;;; It was kinda depressing lmao. Don't you hate it when you're the last person to post and then no one does for weeks/months ;;;?? Happens to me a lot :/.
Actually, this seems to happen to me as well. I hold the distinct honor of killing three (or maybe four?) separate threads for over a week in one day. That's a real ego booster!

Anyway, I just thought I'd drop in and let everyone know that I should hopefully be able to get the material for my white mage cloak tomorrow (if the store isn't leveled by the hurricane). I should be able to begin it soon and when I do I'll post some pics and updates for everyone.

Currnet Cosplays:

Pridelands Sora - Commissioned from Cosfurs

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Human Paladin - World of Warcraft
Snow Villiers - Final Fantasy XIII

Last edited by Shiroi Ookami : 09-20-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Shiroi Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #1157
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Shiroi: lol eek ^_^;; glad that hasn't happened to me before ;; I don't think I'd be able to use a computer again for a few days XD;. And yes on pics ^_^.

I think I need to get new shoes AGAIN for my FMV Terra. URGH. I dunno if I mentioned this already tho, I think it was just on my mind and I never got to say here. The ones I got before for now..are too heavy ;;. And they're more like wedges anyway, but when you look at them up front and at the back they don't look at platformy.

Also managed to see the recent trailer for Dissidia (the fighting game) for PSP and it looks even more sick than it does already XD. Nomura did an awesome job interpreting Amano's illustrations in the characters for their designs...

Now the second I see Esper/Terra's outfit unveiled, it's totally going on my cosplay list XD; I wonder how it'll look like =O?
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #1158
ChaosKnight127
Hidden Ice Village

Finally, I have a reason to post in this thread and join all you lovers of old school final fantasy games. What nostalgia! I'm currently playing through the DS remake of IV and it is a trip down memory lane.

Anyway, I'm planning to make the CG DS version of Paladin Cecil and my brother will be going as, of course, Cecil's best buddy Kain. Just yesterday I finally finished Kain's helmet and painted it, so I'm now fully commited to this project (someone kill me). A picture of it is in my progress pics gallery if anyone is interested.

Speaking of Dissidia, Cecil's in it! Yay! Though Kain would have been pretty sweet too. Now I may have to buy a psp..
Unread 09-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #1159
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: I love the Dissidia interpretations. ^^ I'm looking forward to seeing Terra, and it would be crazy if she didn't have the esper form. I'm still considering cosplaying her esper version, one day. ^^;;

ChaosKnight: Your Cecil helmet is fantastic! I still need to get the DS remake... Too many games to buy, lol. ^^;;

Anyway, good luck. ^^ I'm sure it'll turn out amazing. ^^
Unread 09-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #1160
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@chaos: I commented on your Kain helm, it looks amazing!! I really like the "battle damage" on it too XD;. Are you planning on shining it??? I think if you mixed some shine with a little bit of dents, it'll look amazingly real .

@kaze: lol me too, but I don't have a DS yet ^_^;;;. They better put in Esper Terra, are you kidding lol!! I have a bad feeling that when I do get a PSP, and I do get Dissidia, all I'll play as is Terra ^_^;;!

I always wanted to cosplay Esper Terra as well, but I think depending on how Nomura makes her look like, I might tack that onto the list too hehe
Unread 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM   #1161
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Ugh I'm sorry for double-posting but I have a tiny update =X. Kaze might remember this but I was mentioning how I had sketched out a hybrid Krile (FFV) a long while back. I managed to scan it the other day, so I only thought it was right to show you guys here. It's not in color and it's on kinda scrap paper XD; but you can still tell what's going on. Looking at the design now, I would change some more things about it, from certain outfit parts to details etc, so it's not too set in stone...But the general design itself is what I'm aiming for, which is a mix of Amano and her sprite in the game.

I also had a quick sketch of an Amano Lulu I did, it's nothing too special, but since Lulu is from X I'm not posting it here. If you wanna see it you can PM me about it tho .
Unread 09-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #1162
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

I have some new progress photos of Madonna and Celes up. ^^

Madonna: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/112607/

Celes: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/128072/

Snowkirby:
I love your Krile design! It's so intricate and beautiful. ^^ I also love how you included Galuf's keepsake. ^^

Oh, and I've PMed you on Amano Lulu. ^^
Unread 09-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #1163
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: thanks so much ^_^! I love your progress so far (even tho I said it already XD; ) and I also like the progress on your Shadow Queen and Kairi :3! Lookin' good , especially Kairi.

Yeah I PM'ed you back on Amano Lulu lol. Not very sure I'm gonna do it, unless I'm convinced otherwise, but anyway thanks on Krile ^_^! Funny thing was that when I was looking it over again before scanning it, I totally forgot Galuf gave her a keepsake^_^;;. Plus like your Madonna's necklace from Maduin, there was no actual reference/picture for it, so I think that's why I forgot she had one in the first place lol.

I would love to play V again but it's pretty tough on the PSOne rerelease....I might end up getting V Advanced for GBA. Those newer Job classes they added sounded mighty interesting too =O.

Last edited by snowkirby : 10-03-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Unread 09-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #1164
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

Snowkirby: Thankies on the progress. ^^

I love your Lulu design (it almost seems to have some elements from Yuna's wedding dress). ^^ It's very elegant. ^^

Spoiler for those who haven't played through FFV:
I was practically jumping up and down when I found out you get to keep Galuf's abilities and levels. xD Actually, it almost seems like they did show an image of Galuf's keepsake in FFV Advance, but I'm most likely imagining things. ^^;;

FFV Advance was awesome. ^^ I didn't mess around with the extra job classes too much, but the Gladiators were amazing. ^^;;

Last edited by Kazephyr : 09-29-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Kazephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #1165
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Kaze: yay they actually showed (sorta) the keepsake in V Advanced XD;! I have the PSOne rerelease, and I don't think they showed it at all ;; .

Krile's adorable~. And thanks on Lulu again lol. Looking back on it now it does take a lot of elements from Wedding Yuna's ._. I really didn't mean that tho when I drew it lmao ;; funny.

Last edited by snowkirby : 10-03-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Unread 09-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #1166
ChaosKnight127
Hidden Ice Village

whoa, Spoiler Alert you guys, not everyone has played FFV yet. I'd played up to that point in the fan translated version, so no biggy for me.

On that note, snowkirby, when you said the name Krile, my first thought was isn't that what whales eat? I don't remember anyone named Krile But I looked it up and I guess that's who Cara is now named. Then again, the fan translated version had the main character named Butz instead of Bartz, so maybe it's all for the better.

What with all the remakes, I wonder if they're going to put out a FFV remake remake...
Unread 09-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #1167
Kazephyr
Shapeshifter

ChaosKnight127: Eep, you're right! I added a spoiler warning to my post, sorry about that. ^^;;

I'd love to see an FFV remake remake with cutscenes and such, as well as one for FFVI... We can hope. ^^;;
Unread 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #1168
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@chaos: I'm soo sorry ^_^;;; I'll try to remember that next time tho. Spoilers are no fun for everyone, trust me. My bro told me all the spoilers from FFVII before I ended disc 1 =X.

I know their Japanese names are different than the ones translated (aka the ones we mostly know of now, or at least here in the States), so that's why you prolly got confused ^_^;;. Though "Cara" is a nice name, "Krile" just sounds more ethereal, but maybe b/c I know of her name as that first lol!

I would DIE if they ever did a FFVI animation series, let alone an awesome rereleased game (for V as well of course). *_*
Unread 10-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #1169
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Random anal localization note: Officially, the Japanese FFV names are romanized as Butz and Krile - that's the way they've been spelled in English letters on Japanese merchandise. "Cara" and "Kururu" were names people used in fan translations of the game, back in the days when it wasn't so easy to get hold of Japanese merchandise or pics thereof, and thus I guess the fans just never saw the official romanization and had to do what they could with the katakana. Lenna is also the official English spelling on Japanese merchandise. The PS1 version of FFV screwed up SO MUCH, what with "Bartz" and "Reina" and "Princess Salsa" (and let's not forget my favorite mistranslation - the flying dragon enemies that were called "Y Burn", ahahaha)... so I have no idea how they managed to get Krile's name romanized properly in the midst of it.

Yeah, nothing to do with cosplay specifically, but I find the translation issues in FFV to be quite amusing. Also I am totally hoping for a FFV remake, so I can force the others in my cosplay group to do a FFV group sometime. (I'm the shortest, so I pretty much would have to be Krile, and our one male member would be a PERFECT Galuf. Then we have a couple tall females to be Butz and Faris, and we know someone who's apparently already cosplayed Lenna... I HAVE to make this group happen somehow. FFV is probably my favorite full cast, I love all the characters.)

Last edited by Andrea : 10-03-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #1170
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Andrea: that's true lol, though I still think "Bartz" has a better ring than "Butz" ^_^;;. "Salsa" was a horrible translation, I'm glad V Advanced changed it to "Sarisa", it's a lot prettier and doesn't make her sound like food. I can go either way with "Lenna" and "Reina" though, since both are actual real names ("Reina" is Spanish/other such Romanticized language for "Queen", so it fits well).