Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #1216
ChaosKnight127
Hidden Ice Village

Hey hey all. Finally got to uploading pictures of me and my bro's Cecil and Kain into my gallery despite Katsucon being back in February. (I got lazy) I'll add some more in later.

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/144756/

Never gonna do a costume that big again. Anyways, we got an honorable mention award in the Hall Costume contest, yay!

How's everyone else's costumes coming along?

Unread 04-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #1217
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Chaos: Holyyyyy craaap that's awesome!! You did a wonderful job with Cecil and Kain ^_^!! I wish I can see it in person =X!

I debuted my Terra finally for New York Comic Con, tho other than that I've been working on more of my Nintendo-related cosplays. I'm planning on making a Mog plushie next to hopefully go with my Amano Terra in the future
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #1218
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja

Hey all,

I am planning on making a cosplay for Locke from FF VI for next year, and I need some good pictures to base it off of. I'm looking more at the sprite version since the Amano version is well ... too Amano-y? (if that's even a word).

Obviously trying to plan a cosplay off of a small sprite character is hard, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any good pictures that I would be able to use for reference?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Currnet Cosplays:

Pridelands Sora - Commissioned from Cosfurs

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Human Paladin - World of Warcraft
Snow Villiers - Final Fantasy XIII
Shiroi Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #1219
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Lol lookit who revived the thread =O. Hehe!

You have that fanart already, so you have a good ref to go by also ^_^. Lessee..there's also SD Locke, which has his sprite outfit (except they gave him a weird old-man shade of grey for silver O_o). There's also this sweet doujin cover with Locke and Terra on it. He looks scarily handsome XDD but you can see some of his outfit there. If it's too dark I can Photoshop it to bring out the lights.

That's all I can really find from Google tho :/ DA doesn't have much stuff either, but I do have a chibi art of Locke that I fav'd. I can't link it b/c I can't go on DA at the moment lol.
Unread 06-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #1220
RaikaStrife
Right.....

hey I have done locke cole amano version recently and I loved doing it but one annoying thing was the jacket. I had to use plasters to make it shorter (which are still stuck a month on surprisingly) but what I want to do is make one from scratch that looks like the picture. One problem I have though is that I can't find a pattern that would help me create the jacket.

Can anyone help me find a pattern to use?
RaikaStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #1221
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Raika: awesome Amano Locke! I love your bandana !

I looked at Simplicity and I found a few patterns you can use :3. There's 3506, 3757 . Of course you can make the sleeves short like Locke's jacket :3. I hope this helps!!
Unread 06-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #1222
RaikaStrife
Right.....

@snowkirby: hey I'm happy you like my costume....makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

About those patterns, the 2 you sent looked right if I shorten the sleeve length but the only problem is that I can only see the finished product picture and no pattern for me to trace.....am I meant to click on something or pay for something?

Sorry I am kinda new to all of this but thanks a lot for helping me so far!!! :P
RaikaStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #1223
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Raika: lol no problem ^_^! Locke is one of my fav FF guys lol!

D'oh, I'm sorry =X!! They're meant to be bought ^_^;;. I can try and see if I can find any free patterns tho that you can use ...the site I got this one from has a lot of free patterns; minus the bells and whistles of the belts (and shortening the sleeve of course), this can be a good one for Locke
Unread 06-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #1224
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

I'm really wanting to do a Cecil Paladin costume. Yeah, I'm nuts. Final Fantasy IV probably has my favorite character designs from any anime or video game out there.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2009, 03:03 AM   #1225
kuuka hitamashi
ABYSSAL~MAGE

Like A Rinning Gong From The Past Comes ......"the Black Mage".....seating By The Road Becouse I Have No Gil I Needed To By Bolt 3....
kuuka hitamashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #1226
Attentea
cosplay addicted newbie

humm... so this thread seems to have died down. ... time to get conversation going again.

So I've starting working on a Celes costume from FF6. I always liked her. At first she wasn't one of my favourites, but after the game thinking back I think she is now. So far I haven't done much other then gather materials that I need. I'm going for the sprite version, I think it's soo much prettier then the amano version.

and now for some opinions... I'm thinking of modifying the costume slightly. In the sprite it looks like she's just wearing a leotard or bathing suit like thing for her suit, but I'm thinking of changing that so that it has more of a skirt. It would be short, only going long enough to cover me (I'd still wear shorts or something under it) so it would look similar to the original version. It would be a skirt bottom instead of being like a bathing suit. What are people's thoughts on this. Should I try it or would it look to weird and different to recognize the costume?

~Attentea~

Working on:
Celes (FF6), FOnewearl (PSO)

Future Cosplays:
Ralts (pokemon), Bellossom (pokemon)

Attentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #1227
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

I agree, this thread is very quiet a lot of the time :/ tho I'm not working on anything old school FF for a while ^_^;;;. At the most I have Amano Cloud on my list but I'm not sure when to start it.

Anyway, @Attentea: I felt the same way about Celes XD;! At first I thought she was a bit of a bitch, but when I replayed VI she was a lot more likable, and now I have no idea how I got the impression that she was so mean ^_^;;;. I like both her outfits for different reasons tho, but to each their own . I say there needs to be more sprite Celes' tho! Let alone sprite versions of the other older FF characters.

For the skirt problem I think as long as you don't make it too long, it's fine ^_^. Celes' sprite outfit is rather short on the bottoms, so I think the longest you can go is thigh-length without deviating too much . I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see progress photos ^_^!
Unread 07-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #1228
Attentea
cosplay addicted newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
For the skirt problem I think as long as you don't make it too long, it's fine ^_^. Celes' sprite outfit is rather short on the bottoms, so I think the longest you can go is thigh-length without deviating too much . I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see progress photos ^_^!
thanks. ^_^
and yea it would be about thigh length.
I just feel more comfortable wearing something that covers me a bit more then just a bathing suit would, which is why I thought of making this change. But yea I'm aware that I can't make it too long.

So I worked on the earrings today for that costume. I had a pair that looked very similar to the sprite side face picture of her, but they were the wrong colour so I painted them this afternoon. I think they look pretty good. ^_^

~Attentea~

Working on:
Celes (FF6), FOnewearl (PSO)

Future Cosplays:
Ralts (pokemon), Bellossom (pokemon)

Attentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #1229
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

Yeah I don't blame you lol! It's a reason why I didn't make Terra's sprite outfit and just went for her FMV one anyway ^_^;; (plus her pauldrons look cool XD). The earrings sound really pretty though ^_^
Unread 07-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #1230
Demented Kid

Heylooo~

Just wanted to say I'm planning Cecil from FFIV for next year. Though really he's gonna be an Amano mix because Ref's are haaard to come by and the DS art looks too simple for me and he's just so pretty XD

He'll be apart of a big group am doing next year of Heroes for MCM Expo in London. Gonna be much fun~

Also, if anyone can give me any idea on how his middle "seperates" I would love them o-o Iknow how to do his legs, just his belt and stuff seem veeeeery stiff and it makes my head hurt thinking about it. lolol
*Neuro - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
*Prussia - Hetalia
*Cecil Harvey - Final Fantasy IV
*Johann Faust VIII - Shaman King
Demented Kid is offline   Reply With Quote