Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #1291
cachalot
Blue Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia Jem View Post
Umaro from FF VI. Okay, not really a class... but a character at least! He is a yeti. Extra points for a blizzard orb. XD Okay, maybe not the sexiest character, but I would totally flip out to see someone cosplay him! *o*
Oh MAN, I would LOVE to see an Umaro cosplayer!!!! We had a giant FFVI group at Otakon this year but no one wanted to do Umaro in that weather (Baltimore summer, ew). So we had to use a yeti plushie.

if anyone wants to attempt Umaro, I think I would cry with joy

Photography: http://www.seventhmoon.org/photography
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gerodere
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gertysk
cachalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #1292
Sirica
Black Magic User

Okay this is just silly but...my winter break starts really really soon and he first things I'm doing are making Fighter and Thief class outfits for my bro and sis, and then we're taking pictures, I'm planning our very first official photo shoot! I'm just so so so so so so so excited because despite our best efforts we've never managed to get together for the sole purpose of taking pictures so I'm pretty pumped and since we have snow everywhere its going to be that much cooler (no pun intended). I just had to share this with the world!!!! That's how excited I am about it!!!

EDIT: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sirica : 12-11-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: it needed more exclamation points.
Sirica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #1293
carebearmid78
The Last Cetra

I want to cosplay Locke from FFVI so bad. That would be killer.
carebearmid78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #1294
Lynnisincraze
Ultimate Make Up Artist

I am currently working on Amano Celes [VI] for AZ'10. THIS VERSION
I can't decide on a wig. Any suggestions?
Lynnisincraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #1295
PeaceOfMind
Timey-Wimey

I'm greatly considering doing a Locke costume. Most likely this Amano version (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fi...-6-locke-a.jpg) since it's cool without being too "Amano-y". If not then I'll do the sprite version but with the zebra shirt and headband from the Amano version.

Also, just wondering, if I were to cosplay Locke at Fanime, do you guys think I would be recognized much? Is one version more recognizable than the other? Sadly none of my friends have played the game, so I won't have a group.

Lilith the Siren (Borderlands)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
PeaceOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #1296
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

Hello all! Mind if I pick your brains a bit? I'm prepping for A-kon, which will be my first con, and I'm planning to go as Terra, both normal and esper forms, and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of where I could find a good picture of the designs on her red dress, or how to make them? I've got a pretty good idea of how I wanna do the esper costume, but tips and thoughts are appreciated.
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #1297
Thia Fayne
casually topless

@ PeaceOfMind -- Do it! Locke is awesome, and I would definitely recognize either design. :3 A friend and I are actually considering doing Kefka and Terra for Fanime, so you might not be alone after all! XD;;

@ Terra~Esper -- As with most Amano art, the designs on Terra's dress aren't super clear or consistent, haha. There is a lot of official Terra art here where maybe you can get a look at the various patterns and designs used. There's also the Dissidia design if you'd rather have something more concrete.
Thia Fayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #1298
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

I am going with the dissidia design. I just find it to be sooo much prettier, and the thought of green hair makes me really excited. ^.^

But how should I apply the design? My mother-in-law- Who is helping me with this monster of a project since I'm just starting out with cosplay, wants to make stencils and bleach the design into the fabric. Is this a bad idea?

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 01-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #1299
Ikari Gendo
Shego el bigoteeeeeeee!!!

Hi everyone! I´m new to the thread, mostly since I am from Chile so I spend most of the time in my country forum

I love to see that so many people share the interest for old school FF since nowdays anything before FF VII doesn´t seem exist to the regular fan

well introductions over and all so far I´ve only cosplayed as Cyan from VI (pics in my gallery) and I plan to cosplay in the future as Shadow from VI (go ninja, go) Kain from IV DS (Dragoons are my favorite job) and The Warrior of Light Dissidia version, I simply love those characters, and also maybe Kefka

PS: Amano´s designs are so hard to interpretate for cosplay XP
Unread 01-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #1300
lunaishtar

@ Terra~Esper: Well since you it exactly like the dissdia desing, I guess using stencil will be the best option. But if you quit and want to try a more Amanoish thing I suggest on hand painting it on the vest with the proper textil paint. It looks very pretty and artistic ^^. Good luck on both costumes anyway o/
lunaishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #1301
cachalot
Blue Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikari Gendo View Post
Hi everyone! I´m new to the thread, mostly since I am from Chile so I spend most of the time in my country forum

I love to see that so many people share the interest for old school FF since nowdays anything before FF VII doesn´t seem exist to the regular fan

well introductions over and all so far I´ve only cosplayed as Cyan from VI (pics in my gallery) and I plan to cosplay in the future as Shadow from VI (go ninja, go) Kain from IV DS (Dragoons are my favorite job) and The Warrior of Light Dissidia version, I simply love those characters, and also maybe Kefka

PS: Amano´s designs are so hard to interpretate for cosplay XP
Wooow a Cyan cosplayer!!! Those are rare indeed! And it's always awesome to see another Shadow cosplayer as well. I cosplay Shadow and I find that not that many people recognize me, but when people do, they freak out in amazement. (this is rather sad for me, though, since I would think that FFVI is more well known!)

Let me know if you have any questions on Shadow! I'd love to help ^_^

@Terra-Esper: I've never tried it myself, but if you are using 100% cotton or other natural fiber fabric for your costume, I'd recommend a product called Thiox for lightening your fabric. Saeru has more info on the Akatsuki coats thread (Naruto)
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...30&postcount=8

It's safer than bleach and apparently lightens fabric very evenly. Just make sure that whatever chemical you're using if you decide to do this, that you only do it on all natural fabrics. Synthetic fabrics bleach/lighten strangely sometimes and you may get blotches or even ruin the fabric weave, which would be sad!

Unread 01-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #1302
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

Oh crap... we made the base dress out of an old prom dress that we cut up. There is no way that the fabric is all natural... Now I'm really worried. We plan to test the stencil bleaching on some scrap fabric, but if it goes badly, I need a backup plan...

How have other Terra cosplayers done this? Anyone?

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 01-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #1303
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

(Sorry for the double post)

Ugh my eyes hurt. I've been staring at Dissidia pictures ALL day so that I could painstakingly sketch the designs to use for my costume. It has been MAD. We've decided not to bleach, so we don't ruin the fabric. It turns out my M-I-L has an embroidery machine I didn't know about, so we're going to try that instead. Yay!!! I'm gonna go collapse now! lol

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #1304
cachalot
Blue Mage

@Terra~Esper: good luck! Sorry, I don't know much about bleach besides what the above, and I've never cosplayed Terra, so I can't say. I think embroidered designs will look really pretty. Good luck ^_^

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #1305
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

Thanks. I'm looking forward to working on it. Unfortunately, it's going to have to wait til next week cause my cars tags are out, I can't go anywhere, and my dress is at my M-I-L's house. -sigh-

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%