Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photo Critique

Unread 06-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Lidaea
Frightened Rabbit

General Photography Critique

I'm always looking for a way to improve myself in photography in general. It's a hobby I love doing, and it's something that speaks to me and hopefully to the others who look at it. I hope to get into doing cosplay photography some day, but I want to make sure I have the necessary skills for it first. That being said, I would absolutely adore an honest opinion on some of my work.

Most of my photography goes on my tumblr.

You'll see that I take a lot of nature photos, or somewhat abstract industrial/city-esque pictures. That, of course, has nothing to do with my ability to take cosplay photos (at least I think), but it's my composition and technique i'm looking to have critiqued. Thank you for reading, and for critiquing!

Facebook
Lidaea is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Brea
Business Student

Yours shots look great. How'd you achieve the effects on the first photo? I've never done a photoshoot so I can only tell you my experience from taking pictures of cosplay during cons. Me and my friends basically walk around the con and then ask for pics of the cosplay. If we know a certain pose, we ask them to pose and face a certain way. Then we take the picture. When doing this, sometimes you're constrained by space so it's best to use the resources available. Usually its a one time thing for us because the cosplayers we usually ask are usually walking somewhere like probably to a panel or something but feel free to ask if they have time for a small on location photoshoot if you want more pictures. I haven't done this but wish I did during Anime North which occured a few weeks ago. Bring some sort of reference like a business card if you're going to do photoshoots so they can contact you and see the pictures you took!

Not sure if I answered your questions.
Brea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
mixedmedia

Sorry that im a little more than a month out on this post, but I like the shots on your tumblr page. The macro work on the flower shots looks pretty solid. The only thing I could really critique is your color processing could be adjusted slightly to make the shots pop a bit more. All in all, some nice stuff. Cheers!
mixedmedia is offline   Reply With Quote