Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 06-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #16
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Loveable-Eve: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3377573/

ahoge tutorial

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Shana- http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3199543/

Awesome prop! I imagine that was an hard undertaking.

This critique is kinda gallery wide for all your photos. I find that you tend to be very stone faced in your photos. Perhaps put a little more of your personality in to the pictures and practice faces in the mirror.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #18
KuroNekoCosplay
Runnin' with wolves~

Misseeriechan, your Fate Stay Night costume is EPIC! I love the accuracy and how much detail is in the costume, I absolutely love your Bleach costume here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3394694/. I love the show and this costume is a great representation!
KuroNekoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
Misseeriechan
Cosplay Noob

Geez KuroNekoCosplay, you're gonna make me blush. Thank you. Hmm. lets see. The only constructive comment I can come up with for you is gonna be hard. In the pics you have your poses are model perfect, your outfits are great, even the ones where you edit in background, they fit perfect. So all I can tell you is... Have more photo shoots. Make a new cosplay. Thrill us all!
Misseeriechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #20
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroNekoCosplay View Post
Misseeriechan, your Fate Stay Night costume is EPIC! I love the accuracy and how much detail is in the costume, I absolutely love your Bleach costume here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3394694/. I love the show and this costume is a great representation!
Hun you have to go in order of who posted last, you can't pick a random person. And you have to pick one thing to critique
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #21
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

MisseerieChan: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3364734/
I really love you Saber costume, it looks really nice. I love the fabric choices.
The top could be slightly more fitting though, but other than tht it's hard to find much to comment on with my little sewing experince
Drag Cloud - Final Fantasy 7: Need dress, wig and braids
Bahamat - Fantasy 4: I need wig, and to make the wings
The Best Costume Ever - It's a surprise: All I need is the wig!
Loveable-Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #22
Scarecrow1992
Enthusiast of the Obscure

Not too familiar with the character you are, but I like the costume nonetheless, especially the boots. How did you do them? The colors also work extremely well together and I adore that gold trimming. My only gripe is the circular bit on the chest. Maybe it's the angle, but it looks a little lopsided. I do see some pleasant symmetry as well, so props to that.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3387065/

It's the only pic I have uploaded, but I will post more soon. This is only my second cosplay, so I'm willing to take any criticism you can throw at me. xD BTW, I'm on the far right.
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Wolverine (Marvel Comics)
Rex Power Colt (Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)
Mankind (WWE)
Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2)
Mr. Van Driessen (Beavis and Butthead)
The Riddler

Working on:
Mike Schmidt the Night Watchman (Five Nights at Freddy's) (80%)
Red Engineer 2.0 (TF2) (60%)
Steampunk Ghostbuster (75%)
Scarecrow1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #23
Misseeriechan
Cosplay Noob

It seems like things have gotten a little out of order, so I'll comment on both of you guys since you both commented on my Saber. (I notice now y'all were within minutes of each other)
(I am working on tighening it up, I happened to drop 10 lbs cause I was really sick for like two weeks before con. Also, I do have an issue keeping the "keyhole" area flat and I might be attaching some velcro to the straps underneath to help out with that. The boots are custom made from www.hellocosplay.com I'm not ever going to buy any more cosplays but i'll prolly keep ordering shoes from them cause you can customize any and every part you want. I so <3 them)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveable-Eve View Post
MisseerieChan: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3364734/
I really love you Saber costume, it looks really nice. I love the fabric choices.
The top could be slightly more fitting though, but other than tht it's hard to find much to comment on with my little sewing experince
Not in one photo particular, but in a few it seems like you might have the "bun lump" under your wigs. There are videos on youtube on how to cap even super long hair in a way so you don't get that lump in the back. Other than that, great work!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow1992 View Post
Not too familiar with the character you are, but I like the costume nonetheless, especially the boots. How did you do them? The colors also work extremely well together and I adore that gold trimming. My only gripe is the circular bit on the chest. Maybe it's the angle, but it looks a little lopsided. I do see some pleasant symmetry as well, so props to that.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3387065/

It's the only pic I have uploaded, but I will post more soon. This is only my second cosplay, so I'm willing to take any criticism you can throw at me. xD BTW, I'm on the far right.
Great job, only got two things, attack your center guy with an iron next time lol and you're doing something that even I am still trying to break myself of. You're pulling your chin back a little funny. It feels weird and you can feel it pull in your shoulders, but jut out your chin really far, pull your shoulders back a bit then drop your chin an inch for photos (you can tell center guy to do this too) It gives a more photo-pleasing strong jaw line. This happens simply cause cameras like to flatten stuff, it's nicknamed unfortunate foreshortening.

Last edited by Misseeriechan : 06-20-2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: typo
Misseeriechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #24
wolfspeaker

MisseerieChan: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3394694/

Great cosplay love seeing different bleach characters. the attention to detail such as the hair pins and sandle colour is great! my suggestions would be to shorten the pigtails so that you can spike then out to the side like hers more

MCM Expo London October

Planned Cosplay

Allen Walker
Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
Grimmjow Jaegerjaques
wolfspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #25
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

@Misseeriechan: That bump is the bane of my exsitance. It's not a bun it's my hair, I have a natural afro. I've been meaning to get it cut soon

Wolfspeaker: www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=323605&page=2
It's a nice costume and I love the poses you chose.
the wig looks nice, it's very clean but each strand stands out. Hitsugaya's hair is slicked back a little more smoothly. Maybe try gelling it back all at once instead of strands.
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #26
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

wolfspeaker - http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3289206/
This photo is really great! Your Bleach cosplays are so well put together and your wigs look amazing! They are very well styled!
The only thing I have to suggest to you is that you may want to use some wig glue to hold down the front of your lace front wig. It will help to hold the wig down on your head and will make the hairline look more natural.

Loveable-Eve - http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3377563/
You make such a cute Rin! Nicely done! I would just suggest to maybe check and smooth down your wigs a bit before you take a photo. Those DSLR cameras pick up on everything lol

Edit: Link posted

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account

Last edited by SweeneyTodd : 06-21-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Had to get comments in for Loveable-Eve so they didn't get skipped
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #27
Lithium Flower
Handphones

@SweeneyTodd:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3368185/

One of the best Jack Sparrow costumes I've ever come across. The pose and angle of the picture I really love.

I think some heavy-handed contouring could help making your face more gaunt. Jack Sparrow always struck me as being a little haggard looking with these super prominent features. You're too darn cute to look haggard and gaunt
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Lithium Flower thank you very much! I have been really considering experimenting with contouring makeup. I've been watching tutorials on it, but have yet to actually go out and buy the proper makeup for it to try it out. But I definitely agree with you; unfortunately my facial structure isn't that well suited to Jack Sparrow

Andddd http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3385744/

Your Merida cosplay is so awesome! Very well made and I love the wig you chose. Your costumes in general look great, I honestly don't have much to critique you on except for the placement of the arrow pouch on your Merida costume. I think you may have it on the opposite side that Merida has hers, lol it's a super minor thing but just something I noticed.

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #29
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
Lithium Flower thank you very much! I have been really considering experimenting with contouring makeup. I've been watching tutorials on it, but have yet to actually go out and buy the proper makeup for it to try it out. But I definitely agree with you; unfortunately my facial structure isn't that well suited to Jack Sparrow

Andddd http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3385744/

Your Merida cosplay is so awesome! Very well made and I love the wig you chose. Your costumes in general look great, I honestly don't have much to critique you on except for the placement of the arrow pouch on your Merida costume. I think you may have it on the opposite side that Merida has hers, lol it's a super minor thing but just something I noticed.
I have a super squishy baby face ~__~ no matter how extreme I try to contour I always look like a critter with cheeks full of nuts.

And you're super right. I didn't even think of which side to put my quiver! It seems super obvious now but I realize I didn't even think about it when getting dressed...
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #30
Loveable-Eve
Moe Destroyer of Worlds

Lithium Flower: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2255938/
It always makes me so happy to see an Integra cosplayer. I love the lighting in this photo. For a mostly store bought costume it's great! Your poses could be stronger, she's a powerful character taht doesn't take anyone's crap.