Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
pella_rose
Eito Rainbow Flash!

Futurama

EDIT: Just noticed this pas posted in the wrong section (that's what happen when you have too many tags open)...how do I move this to the right section?

Hi, sorry if this has been done before, but I search and couldn't come up with anything.

I was thinking of cosplaying as Leela for Montreal Comic Con in septembre 2013 (and Halloween after that).

But i'm having a bit of a roadblock and was wondering id anyone else has done this cosplay or seen people do it.

Here's her referance picture http://futurama.neoseeker.com/wiki/Turanga_Leela

You'd think I would have problem with the Eye...but actually that was pretty easy.
The problem I am having is the wig.

I found one that would work, but I have no idea how to go about styling it.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAKEN...570995136.html
see the bangs are too long. How should I style it so the bangs comes up spiky like Leela's hair? what products to use? Or would I be better off buying a base short wig and attach a ponytail extension to it?

Also, I was wondering is there is any version of Leela wearing a jacket (planet express perhaps?) see, I have a sleeve of tattoo and I know I could always cover them with makeup, but i figure it might be easier to just make a jacket then to makeup my arm. But I can't seem to find a picture of any jacket (and I do not have the tv show on my computer where I could screencap it)

any help would be nice or if you have ever cosplayed from Futurama, who were you and can you post a picture?
Thank you
Swift Wind // She-ra Princess of Power Comic Con Ottawa 2014 (for a friend)
Duffman // the Simpson Halloween 2013
Poison Ivy //Batman Comic Con Montreal 2013

Last edited by pella_rose : 05-26-2013 at 12:59 PM.
pella_rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

The very first episode of the series has her wearing a jacket in the cryogenics lab. You could always do that one. The newest season does have them in some Planet Express uniforms too. I don't have any pictures on-hand, but if no one has given any next time I'm on, I will see if I can scrounge them up.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
Satori Veda

She has a green coat with a black belt that she wears several times in the series.
http://www.futurama-madhouse.net/fas...reenjacket.jpg

Or you can always "borrow" Fry's jacket

That wig looks really good (but man, I really don't like the Maken-ki manga it is supposedly from). For mine, I just bought two crappy, cheap wigs from the local costume store and styled them together (taking the weaves out and sewing them together to get a fuller look). For the bracelet, I ghettoed together 2 kids soccer shin guards from the thrift store, covered them in duct tape, and painted on the electronic parts. You can also spray paint a futuristic water gun or buy a ray gun at a costume store.

I don't have any pictures of me, since I made it quickly for a tiny con. I do still have my wig, eye, and arm piece though.
NYCC '14

Future Cosplays
Hera (Star Wars Rebels)- Working On
Steampunk Sailor Moon- Maybe, I'll see
Lumpy Space Princess- Working On
Satori Veda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
The very first episode of the series has her wearing a jacket in the cryogenics lab. You could always do that one. The newest season does have them in some Planet Express uniforms too. I don't have any pictures on-hand, but if no one has given any next time I'm on, I will see if I can scrounge them up.
Planet Express uniforms

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
pella_rose
Eito Rainbow Flash!

Thank you so much guys! you have all been very helpful! I started buying the materials to make it, and i'm feeling more confident about that ahaha

but now...that planet express uniform looks rather awesome to make...hmmmm
Swift Wind // She-ra Princess of Power Comic Con Ottawa 2014 (for a friend)
Duffman // the Simpson Halloween 2013
Poison Ivy //Batman Comic Con Montreal 2013
pella_rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
kaminel

How to make eye?

How did you make your eye? I too don't know how to pull off the ponytail with a wig.
kaminel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Not sure how usefull this is to the OP anymore, but for you kaminel, you can use this:
http://arda-wigs.com/products/jeannie
Or
http://arda-wigs.com/products/jasmine
The first one has a clip in ponytail that comes with it because the wigs ponytail is shorter. But both are made to have in ponytails.

No idea why no one even showed OP these wigs as they're specific for her hair style..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaminel View Post
How did you make your eye? I too don't know how to pull off the ponytail with a wig.
I made one by getting a blank mask and cutting it into the right shape. Then I covered the front of it with material cut from white tights and hot glued it in place, then finally drawing the pupil on with marker. I can't see through it so the plan is just to wear it over my eyes for photos. Here's a blog entry that gives a variety of methods though.

I'm going with this wig from EpicCosplay. I have a Jeannie for Shion and I found the ponytail clip very heavy and it tangles like crazy.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote