Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 06-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #16
DatYandereGirl

It's too hard to do, or was at first. I just started avoiding fast food and such other fatty places. I buy a big giant brownie/cookie/whatever and cut it in halves and eat it once a day.

Don't eat MUCH fried foods either.
DatYandereGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #17
Kaikuna

Hrm I used to try to cut out sweets entirely, and it definitely expedited weight loss, but the problem was that I'd feel so deprived that I'd eventually break and binge eat sweets and then ... there went my progress. >_<

So what I've been doing now is still having sweets, but not a ton - maybe a cookie every night, or something simple like that. I still have ice cream and bubble tea and lots of other stuff maybe once a week each, but it's just enough to keep me happy and not feeling deprived, so that I don't bounce back, but it's not too much that it's preventing me from losing weight.

This is coupled with lots of exercise of course - an hour every other day, which I fully enjoy and isn't too much that I get sick of it. I guess with all things, balance works best.
Kaikuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:33 AM   #18
dooork

Oh hey new peepes! Thanks for commenting, this is really keeping everything up for me :"D

@DatYandereGirl: it's still hard to do lol... I'm wondering how I can start avoiding McDonalds on the way to school now hahaha (I'm there for the hot chocolate more than anything but still... sometimes I give in to the temptation of the fries /shameful)

@Kaikuna: I've never lost enough weight to have an actual "bounce back" lol but I expect that's what's going to happen if I continue to deprive myself of sweets. I'm still eating them, albeit the soda crackers and lower fat ones, but... the chocolate is still pretty hard to resist hahaha. WHY DOES IT TASTE SO GOOD?!? But your balance method sounds pretty effective! THanks for sharing it

My newest update would be that I over ate the soda crackers after dinner because my brain switched on the "hey these aren't that high in calories yeah? You can eat more of them!" Now I'm feeling guilty lol. I started counting my calories today and right now I need to work off 200 cal before bedtime /screams
dooork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #19
Spaztastic

As mentioned before by others, if I want something sweet, I eat something sweet. I don't deprive myself of anything, because then you crave it more. However, if you start eating more healthier foods, you'll crave sweets less often. It takes time, but it'll happen. Also, personally, I don't eat those sugar substitutes. I eat things with real sugar, because there's nothing wrong with real sugar in moderation.
Spaztastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #20
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

For me it's determination and moderation.

People say and possibly could be true that I have masochistic tendencies. I force myself to stare at a 100% FAT CREATING snacks....basically mental training. It isn't really hard though. Just thinking about how nice I would look in a few months motivates me not to eat.

The more time spent without eating treats, the easier it becomes to forget the taste. Of course, this can't be relatable to everyone.

Try eating healthy but still tasting the same sort of snacks.
Like SO
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote