Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 03-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
kitsunered

Turquoise Eyeliner

I have sort of a general question here, but it's for a costume, so I think it fits. I have some turquoise eyeliner that I'm planning to wear for a character. However, I have no idea what color eyeshadow or lipstick to wear with it, so I don't look too clownish. Anyone have any suggestions?

-K

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2004, 01:40 PM   #2
yakineko oni
yes, I know what it means

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunered
I have sort of a general question here, but it's for a costume, so I think it fits. I have some turquoise eyeliner that I'm planning to wear for a character. However, I have no idea what color eyeshadow or lipstick to wear with it, so I don't look too clownish. Anyone have any suggestions?

-K
(following suggestions are from an artistic and halloween makeup knowledge base, as opposed to someone who wears makeup other than eyeliner on a regular basis
well...i do not know what the rest of the costume looks like, but i would suggest going with a lighter green or blue (whichever matches the rest of the costume), and blending it from around the eyeliner, so that it gradually smooths into skin tone. according to your picture, you have pale skin, so that will help, but perhaps a lightly-applied pale foundation to help smooth the colors out..? that would give a more even tone overall.

perhaps a matching lipstick as well, to bring the color around the face-that would help bring the whole end result together. and sparkly things! bindhi, or something. shiny + turquoise = super cute!
i hope that is useful.

good luck! post pics if you can, i'd love to see the progress.

"See those ruffians at the table across the way? I've been giving them the buunda all night... You take the skinny one with the twitch; I'll get the two beefy ones and the troll with the cudgel..." (Mereelva Gadj, heroine)

^v^
yakineko oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 07:51 AM   #3
Kilala
Scout Power!!

Gotta love that turquoise eyeliner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunered
I have no idea what color eyeshadow or lipstick to wear with it, so I don't look too clownish. Anyone have any suggestions?
Since turquoise eyeliner is such an awesome colour........ I have some myself I also have the eyeshadow to go with it. Now i dont know how much you plan on spending but i got my liner and eyeshadow from a MAC cosmetics counter ( You can usually find them in The Bay ), or you can go to their web site http://www.maccosmetics.com/home.tmpl?ngextredir=1
But I'll tell you in advance that the pictures they supply of the eyeshadows they have avaliable look appsolutely nothing at all like the real thing. Since thats the case, Ill try to post a pic of the real colours that I have and how 2 use them.

Anyway, I have Jewl Blue and Brill for my eyeshadows. The brill is a really pale shimmery turquoise that you put on your whole eyelid. Use only a little bit though, it get very shimmery fast, and you deffinetly dont want those bulgy looking eyes.
The jewl blue is the exact same colour as my eyeliner. Its very bright and has no shimmer in it @ all. You can use a little bit of this on the corner of your eyes. You can use it on your top lid, and a little pinch on your bottom lid.

Incase what I have is hard to follow, Ill post some drawings of how to do this in my photo gallery for you today. (I would use pics but I dont have a digital camera)

Hope this helps,
Kilala

Oh! and i almost forgot, you can pretty much use any normal shade of lipstick close to your skin colour or something pale like pink. Dont use something shimmery, or really dark ( like black or red, you'll look like a walking Zombie :P)
Gloss is totally ok too.
Kilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
liz-maru
oOcosplay crazedOo

yeah i have some matching eyeshadow to go with my turquoise eyeliner ^-^ it looks cool! but i use a clear sparkling kind of lipgloss to go with it! it looks cool, but that is just me =3 maybe thatll help!
liz-maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2004, 07:26 PM   #5
Kilala
Scout Power!!

Hope it helps

Hi.

I couldnt get my picture thing to work on the cosplay site ( the file was 2 big)
so i went onto your web page and emailed it to you from there.
the email is titled COSPLAY SITE HELP.
Anyway , i hope it works for yaa.
Kilala
Kilala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:34 PM   #6
Senko-chan

one thing that I suggest is dont make it like crazy thick around your eyes ^_^ I would use a calm light eyeshadow such as a skin color or light blue and maybe just lip gloss with a shine to it or like with the eye shadow, a light color, i'd go with the lip gloss though. ^_^ I hope I helped!
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2004, 12:52 AM   #7
Olivia
Colored in Empty

I'd say a nude lip color and white eye shadow
Unread 04-27-2004, 01:11 PM   #8
Schu
Noisy Alien

Talking

I love white eyeshadow, but I look sorta colorless when I wear it...

Turqoise, hmm. Maybe try a light lilac eyeshadow with a shimmery eyeshade pencil in a similar (darker?) turqouise shade to darken the outer corners of your eyes. Blend it in and set it with a little powder.

I've found that combining colored eyeliner with carefully applied black liner in the outer corners of my eyes makes a really nice effect.

Don't play up your lips if you go with my first suggestion though, a shimmery pink will do nicely ^_^

edit: yay for your Dawn avatar
Unread 05-31-2004, 01:11 AM   #9
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

If you want a color match - MAC's new summer eyeshadow collection (called Salsabelle) has a gorgeous turquoise eyeshadow called Parrot.
Unread 06-06-2004, 09:17 PM   #10
321stars
Con Whore

I actually was just playing around with turquoise eyeliner the other night... Matching eyeshadow works well, as does a paler blue blended in. As for lips, that depends on the rest of the costume, and the look you want to go for. A soft pink or gloss if you want understated, or you can use the eyeliner on your lips as well. ^^;

http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/...wig/smile5.jpg

Current Costumes: Leena (remake) (Chrono Cross), young!Nel (Bleach), mafia!Nel (Bleach), Slytherin student (Harry Potter), maid!Mia Fey (Ace Attorney), spellsword!Viera (FF:TA2).

Upcoming Conventions: Ohayocon, Acen?
Recent Conventions: Sugoicon, Ikasucon, Matsuricon.
321stars is offline   Reply With Quote