Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 06-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
MikuBlue
Crazy Coser

Exclamation Urgent - Am I having an allergic reaction to liquid eyeliner?!

Hey guys, I need help ASAP.

Yesterday I got some brownish black liquid eyeliner and a concealer stick. I rarely ever wear makeup and this was the first time I have ever worn liquid eyeliner. I was practicing my cosplay makeup and I got some eyeliner in my eye but I couldn't get it out so I ignored it. My eyes were stinging a bit and burning, and I sneezed a few times while applying my makeup. Then a while later I was getting to take it off and my nose was running really badly. I used some makeup remover which felt funny. It was for eyes, lashes, and lips but I used it on most if my face. My face looked really oily! Then I washed my face and after that I was sneezing, my nose was running like crazy and it started getting stuffy! My eyes were watery but not very itchy. By supper I couldn't taste very well and at bedtime I was so congested in the nose and face. This morning I woke up unable to breath through my nose and throughout the day I had a very runny nose still and stuffiness similar to a cold or a sinus infection. I don't have a fever or sore throat, just some congestion coming from my nose and into my throat. I feel like I have a sinus infection but my snot is clear, though I'm blowing like crazy. My face feels funny too. I need help! Am I having an allergic reaction to my makeup? I'm not sure which product though. I searched google and I found that liquid eyeliner does not cause sinus infections, but if you have sinus symptoms then you might be having an allergic reaction. I'm not sure what to do! Help me!

If you need more details on the products I'll post the links!
MikuBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

First and foremost if you think you are having an allergic reaction GO TO THE DOCTOR. Don't post on fourms about it, because most of us here can't help you.
Girl get thee to a doctor!
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
MikuBlue
Crazy Coser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
First and foremost if you think you are having an allergic reaction GO TO THE DOCTOR. Don't post on fourms about it, because most of us here can't help you.
Girl get thee to a doctor!
Okay, well, since it's the weekend I can't get into the doctor for an appointment so I would have go to urgent care, but since it's not like a huge emergency, I guess I can only wait till Monday. I'll just have to suffer through. I'm just wondering, does anyone know of something I could do to relieve it, if it is an allergic reaction?
MikuBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Drink lots of water. Keep blowing your nose. Take a shower.
I mean it doesn't sound like the end of the world to me, but it's still better not to risk it. Stop using that eyeliner and make-up wipes.
You should be fine. (:
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
phantasystar67

You could be. It really depends but they're right- GO TO THE DOCTOR. Don't use that stuff until your doctor tells you you can! Also check to see if the cosmetics were made in china. I never suggest putting any cosmetic made in china on your face especially if it was dirt cheap and no-name brand.
Unless it is a really trustworthy brand(one of my Smashbox pallets was made in China. I'm not actually happy about that but since it is Smashbox and they have a reputation to uphold, I wear it anyway) never buy that stuff! Made in USA or Europe is fine. Both countries have much stricter rules about cosmetics.
phantasystar67 is offline   Reply With Quote