Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
davidvoyage

Concerns about Ebay shipping

Hi

I bought some costumes online through Ebay.
I paid the shipping fee with the purchase weeks ago. (It was standard international shipping). The seller is from China and I'm from Canada

He asked me when do I want it and I told them like within a month or something. Yesterday, they told me they will be able to delivered it to me within 5 days. (They haven't shipped it yet, probably will start shipping tmr)

Now my question is...how can they deliver it so quickly? are they using express instead of normal shipping? If thats the case, when the item deliver to my place next week, do I have to pay extra shipping cost? FYI, i've already paid the shipping fee during the purchase of the item.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by davidvoyage : 03-25-2014 at 06:47 PM.
davidvoyage is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Most likely they're sending via EMS, which tends to be the "standard" for heavier packages.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
davidvoyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
Most likely they're sending via EMS, which tends to be the "standard" for heavier packages.
I see, the only concern for me is I don't want to pay any extra/unexpected shipping cost.

Just wondering, is it technically possible that if the seller suddenly change to "express" shipping and required the buyer to pay extra shipping? It doesn't sound it make any sense in my opinion, but I'm just worried...
davidvoyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
EmiBubble
@Emi_Bubble

No you have already payed full for that product and dont need to pay anything extra; if they do ask for money go to the buyer protection page to protect yourself from paying the extra money.

Current Projects
2014 Winter Miku (Vocaloid)
Flandre Scarlet (Touhou Project)
Shameimaru Aya {Kourindou Tengu VER.} (Touhou Project)
Megurine Luka {Senbon Sakura VER.} (Vocaloid)

emi4bubble@gmail.com
EmiBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
velxes

Hey there! I've ordered a lot of stuff from China before and living in Canada, I can say my deliveries usually take up to about a month. I don't recall ever getting something in 5 days, wow.
Unless you payed a ton to get it shipped that fast, I'm thinking perhaps they meant they'd be able to physically go and ship it themselves, not that it would be at your doorstep by that time.
Anyway, as someone previously mentioned, you should have no fees that you haven't already payed via ebay. At least I never have, and I've ordered quite a bit from there. Batteries, cosplay stuff, makeup, etc...
velxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 10:43 PM   #6
VulsaviiK

It could happen. Keep in mind they mean working days, so allow for weekends and it's usually about 7 days they actually mean.

I've had packages from somewhere in America to Australia in about that time, quicker than non-express posting something Sydney to Melbourne
VulsaviiK is offline   Reply With Quote